Mouse Problem

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Hi

I am running Windows XP on my Laptop, and have recently bought an USB optical wheel mouse from HAMA. But whenever I reboot my computer, the number of lines it skips resets to 1, allthough I have set it to 5.

Has someone else experienced something like this? Is there some way to fix it?

thanks in advance

Horscht

Hama is not really a good brand, but that's not what you asked ;)

Did you get any software with the mouse? Did you remove the USB plug and maybe put it into another port? I have never had this problem vefore, but a friend of mine did. He solved it by not unplugging the mouse when he shut his computer down and deinstalling the software it came with.

No, I didn't get any software with the mouse.

Yes, I tried all 3 USB ports, and also had the mouse connected all the time.

And I know that HAMA is not the best brand available, but meh. that's a 6€ mouse, serves it's purpose. It's not used for gaming, so.....

Horscht posted on Feb 17 2006 at 02:14 PM said:
Hi

I am running Windows XP on my Laptop, and have recently bought an USB optical wheel mouse from HAMA. But whenever I reboot my computer, the number of lines it skips resets to 1, allthough I have set it to 5.

Has someone else experienced something like this? Is there some way to fix it?

thanks in advance

Horscht

The account you log onto XP with, does it have Admin status? If not, it's possible that the changes you make are not written to the registry as you do not have the correct permissions. Changes to the mouse should be a per user setting, but I have no idea what driver that mouse is using is actually doing.

It's very unlikely this is the cause, I'm just clutching at ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, that's something I didn't consider. But I am Admin anyways.

The driver it uses is a standard HID (Human Interface Device) driver.

But I think i may have a sollution. On HAMA's Homepage, there is a program called "browser mouse". I just installed it and it looks like it starts on bootup and sets the ammount of lines. But I'll see that the next time I restart :lol:

Back