Mulitifirmware 4

Cellsplitter

Website
Visit site
Well? has anyone tested it? I wont install it until i know it's safe! I screw up last time i installed a firmware ( deleting it <_< ).

so, write on!

P.S. i won't be on a computer for like 4 hours from now so i won't be abel to anser any post till then...

/Cellsplitter

Hi

I have flashed to Aquafish 4 and it works really good.

;)

I hope i could help you.

Hi- I tried flashing my gp32 with aquafish' latest firmware. When I rebooted I got a message saying something like- can't load ini file. I placed the binary in the root of the drive and flashed it- everything appeared to go okay until I rebooted. Have not went back to Spiv's multi firmware.

Any idead where I went wrong?

bye, john

nothing was wrong, aquafishs multifrimware allows having a boot.ini file that determines which programm should be loaded.

Nothing (the dangerous bit is over). You need a Boot Configuration Tool to write a boot.ini file. You can get this from Aquafish's site. or maybe included with the firmware zip file.

Damn beaten to it! :lol:

blimey, quick response :D

Yip, it's all working well now.
You were right lizard808uk- the boot configuration tool came with the zip (now I know its purpose thanks)

thanks, john

Having finally got Aquafish version 4 up and running, I've now found that with Pacrom I have difficulties with the usb connection. I've tried numerous drivers, but with no success- keep getting usb error messages. I really liked the look of the european rom, but I'll need to give up on it and go back to spiv's multi firmware (I have no problems with Pacrom in spiv's binary).

Has anyone else had similar problems with aqua's firmware 4 release?

thanks, john

Is it just me or did Mr. Spivs boot up to Wind ups faster? It takes about a total of 8 seconds to load up the desktop from when I flick the switch on, it seems like an awfully long time... BTW I dont have v.4 yet

Efompor posted on Mar 17 2004 at 10:08 PM said:
Is it just me or did Mr. Spivs boot up to Wind ups faster? It takes about a total of 8 seconds to load up the desktop from when I flick the switch on, it seems like an awfully long time... BTW I dont have v.4 yet
Mr Spiv's reads staright from the BIOS (faaaaast), and Aquafish's reads from SMC (slooooooow).... At least thats what I know....

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa, this is cool :D
finally decided to flash aquafish and it was worth it, now if anybody could tell me possible resons for the smc-menu to dont boot up? (maybe coz i dont have some of the apps? i have the boot.* files from the package we all downloaded :D)

didnt know the european firmware till now, just cool (besides that u cant sort the apps other way then shuffle them on the smc via comi which takes smc-life everytime >_<)

[Edit] ahh, now i finally get some erros-msging: it says that it cant load the boot.ini (oh yea, renamed it to .txt to edit it with keditor, but didnt work, so i edited it with morning coffee :D, but nevermind) [/Edit]

Back