Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

It's broken now :(

I've gone back to having to use my broken left nub in Mario64. Can't find the config for N64 ANALOG as detailed in my previous support thread. Also it seems to default to highres - I'd like to go back to my old config if possible. How do I:

1. Run at native resolution (so games don't slow down - Mario64 crawls now)

2. Run stretched to the entire screen.

3. Launch games from the front end instead of pickle-launcher (don't like that launcher)

D.
1. Depend on the plugin. By the Mario64 is not slow, I'm surprise you find it slow

2. No way for now, I forced good aspect ratio.

3. No way, the gtk front end is gone with v2.0, sorry.

A lot of my game saves were from the really old Mupen and didn't transfer across directly when upgrading this version. What folder exactly should I copy them to? (Not having great luck so far figuring that out)

A lot of my game saves were from the really old Mupen and didn't transfer across directly when upgrading this version. What folder exactly should I copy them to? (Not having great luck so far figuring that out)
Oh, strange.

The old save games should be in appdata/mupen64plus-r1/save

and goes to appdata/mupen64plus2/home/mupen64plus/save

I had a little time playing this morning.... If dealing with zip files does the saves use the name of the zip like the old mupen or the name of the rom file inside the zip file?

Pandora-less until later today so I'm curious.

I had a little time playing this morning.... If dealing with zip files does the saves use the name of the zip like the old mupen or the name of the rom file inside the zip file?

Pandora-less until later today so I'm curious.
I think the name of the rom inside, but not 100% sure.

I've gone back to having to use my broken left nub in Mario64. Can't find the config for N64 ANALOG as detailed in my previous support thread. Also it seems to default to highres - I'd like to go back to my old config if possible. How do I:

3. Launch games from the front end instead of pickle-launcher (don't like that launcher)

D.
1. Depend on the plugin. By the Mario64 is not slow, I'm surprise you find it slow2. No way for now, I forced good aspect ratio.

1. Mario64 is very slow - the video stutters and the sound is very broken.

Edit: There's only one video plugin - rice. No others are listed.

2. That's not a good aspect ratio

3. The old gtk front end was better.

Also, trying to alter the config for the controls - can't seem to use the right nub - changing the "nub0" value just gets reverted when exiting the emulator.

It's a shame, but I've no choice but to go back to the old version. Sorry, but I'll not be reinstalling this if it's not even able to run Mario64!

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.
1. Depend on the plugin. By the Mario64 is not slow, I'm surprise you find it slow
2. No way for now, I forced good aspect ratio.

1. Mario64 is very slow - the video stutters and the sound is very broken.

2. That's not a good aspect ratio

3. The old gtk front end was better.

Also, trying to alter the config for the controls - can't seem to use the right nub - changing the "nub0" value just gets reverted when exiting the emulator.

It's a shame, but I've no choice but to go back to the old version. Sorry, but I'll not be reinstalling this if it's not even able to run Mario64!

D.
For Mario64, which plugin do you use? All plugin (except Arachnoid) should run pretty well. If Glide doesn't works well, try Rice or GLES2N64 (the same plugin as in r1).

The aspect ratio is tricky. For Rice, I can add an option to get it fullscreen. For Glide and GLES2N64 I'm not sure.

Old GTK was nice, I agree, but it has been dropped by the official team :(

For Mario64, which plugin do you use? All plugin (except Arachnoid) should run pretty well. If Glide doesn't works well, try Rice or GLES2N64 (the same plugin as in r1).

The aspect ratio is tricky. For Rice, I can add an option to get it fullscreen. For Glide and GLES2N64 I'm not sure.

There's only one plugin - rice.

I open Mupen642.0 Config, and click videoplugin's dropdown box - only rice is listed. Ah, there are more but they're invisible in the XFCE Dusk theme. Anyhow, I'm using Rice.

If I click on Config, it opens mupen64plus.cfg - I don't see much in the way of video configuration.

I can't use the DPad instead of the left nub. Your first post states that Mupen64Plus uses the right nub, but it doesn't - it uses the left nub which is broken on my CC Pandora. I cannot seem to change this at all.

I'd like to render to a 320x240 buffer which stretches to 800x480 in hardware. This was how I got much better speed in the old version, and it looks much nicer running at native resolution instead of the awful highres we have now. It doesn't even look like my N64 did.

The old version did all this just perfectly, and now it's very, very broken :(

D.

How do I get Paper Mario and Mischief Makers to play full-speed and without any graphical issues?

For Mario64, which plugin do you use? All plugin (except Arachnoid) should run pretty well. If Glide doesn't works well, try Rice or GLES2N64 (the same plugin as in r1).The aspect ratio is tricky. For Rice, I can add an option to get it fullscreen. For Glide and GLES2N64 I'm not sure.Old GTK was nice, I agree, but it has been dropped by the official team :(
There's only one plugin - rice.I open Mupen642.0 Config, and click videoplugin's dropdown box - only rice is listed. Ah, there are more but they're invisible in the XFCE Dusk theme. Anyhow, I'm using Rice.If I click on Config, it opens mupen64plus.cfg - I don't see much in the way of video configuration.I can't use the DPad instead of the left nub. Your first post states that Mupen64Plus uses the right nub, but it doesn't - it uses the left nub which is broken on my CC Pandora. I cannot seem to change this at all.I'd like to render to a 320x240 buffer which stretches to 800x480 in hardware. This was how I got much better speed in the old version, and it looks much nicer running at native resolution instead of the awful highres we have now. It doesn't even look like my N64 did.The old version did all this just perfectly, and now it's very, very broken :(D.
Try to select the plugins in the picklelauncher gui not in the config.
@ptitsebt: Is the gtkdialog config still necessary as there is now a dialog in picklelauncher?

How do I get Paper Mario and Mischief Makers to play full-speed and without any graphical issues?
I think those had a lot of issues in the old mupen. You shouldn't expect that every game is able to run without issues and smoothly in this version.

Arachnoid and ricees1 w/frameskip enabled give me the best speed on my gc pandora. All others are too painfully slow (tested with banjo-kazooie and paper mario a bit), and I can't enable frameskip for glide (really needs it).

This is awesome! Thanks so much... On my 1GHz, Mario Kart and F Zero are full speed.. Zelda Ocarina of Time is close to full speed, very playable but some graph glitches here and there. Tried Goldeneye and fully playable as well!!!

Try to select the plugins in the picklelauncher gui not in the config.

@ptitsebt: Is the gtkdialog config still necessary as there is now a dialog in picklelauncher?
So the Mupen64plus 2.0 Config entry in the PXML is pretty useless then?

Anyone any idea how to fix my control issues without downgrading? And the screen resolution problems? Or should I just downgrade and forget this one? I'd rather not, but if it's the only way... :(

D.

Wow, with Glide GLES2 the compatibility rises significantly! Unfortunately most games are still not playable due to enormous stuttering. But it's a good start, i guess. :)

Is it possible to set frameskip? And also, can i deactivate the Audio Plugin somehow? This may give a little performance boost.

The gtkdialog "config" is still usefull to mess with the config file.

For Glide, there is autoframe skip (I speed hours and hours on this!).

Use the "Config" dialog, choose "Glide" as video plugin and select the "Per rom" button to open Glide64mk2.ini. Go down, or search for "[DEFAULT]" and then look for "autoframeskip".

To enable automatic frameskipping, you need

Code:
autoframeskip=1
maxframeskip=3

There's only one plugin - rice.

I open Mupen642.0 Config, and click videoplugin's dropdown box - only rice is listed. Ah, there are more but they're invisible in the XFCE Dusk theme. Anyhow, I'm using Rice.

If I click on Config, it opens mupen64plus.cfg - I don't see much in the way of video configuration.

I can't use the DPad instead of the left nub. Your first post states that Mupen64Plus uses the right nub, but it doesn't - it uses the left nub which is broken on my CC Pandora. I cannot seem to change this at all.

I'd like to render to a 320x240 buffer which stretches to 800x480 in hardware. This was how I got much better speed in the old version, and it looks much nicer running at native resolution instead of the awful highres we have now. It doesn't even look like my N64 did.

The old version did all this just perfectly, and now it's very, very broken :(

D.
I understand, not much I can do in the immediate future, my aim was not reproduce faithfully the N64 screen but more to have an enhanced (if possible) N64 experience on the Pandora. I think you should stick with previous release, for all the reason you mentionned.

(and I corrected front page, it is the left plugin, I have to learn my left and right)

The gtkdialog "config" is still usefull to mess with the config file.

For Glide, there is autoframe skip (I speed hours and hours on this!).

Use the "Config" dialog, choose "Glide" as video plugin and select the "Per rom" button to open Glide64mk2.ini. Go down, or search for "[DEFAULT]" and then look for "autoframeskip".

To enable automatic frameskipping, you need

autoframeskip=1
maxframeskip=3
Okay thanks! :)

And I would also like to deactivate the audio plugin at all - at least for some games. It seems there is no way to do this yet...

And as ZXDunny asked could we get an option for lowrez please? This could help performance wise.

Back