Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

(and I corrected front page, it is the left plugin, I have to learn my left and right)
So changing the analog n64 stick to respond to the DPad isn't possible?

And just some final feedback before I uninstall :(

All of the "config" buttons in the configuration option open the same config file, which even when saved won't accept any changes. I tried changing some input options (by configuring the graphics plugin!) and they weren't used - and were overwritten by the default values when I next entered the configuration.

The configuration file has control options for sdl1, sdl2, sdl3, sdl4 but there's no option for anything but sdl input in the configuration panel.

There are configuration options for rice-video in the config file, but no options for any of the others. Again, changes made to rice's configuration don't stick.

This is a real shame, I had very high hopes for this port - you've obviously spent a lot of time on it. It's just such a disappointment that the older version is so much faster and more capable.

You have my gratitude though for your work; if future versions address the issues I've found, then I'll be back on board.

Many thanks for your time.

PS: Clicking "Per ROM" in the config for Glide gives "Invalid byte sequence in conversion input." error in mousepad which results in a read-only file.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad, whit the right Video Plugin now easely to chose , my Fighters in Super Smash Bros have finaly eye texture ;)

But i have to try the Emulator later, because now its time to catch all pokemon :)

ZXDunny you must be joking. this version is far superior performance wise than the older one.
 That's as may be - I can only go by the title screen of SM64, as I'm unable to actually play the game with this version.

D.

Mario 64 goes ingame with every graphics plugin iirc.

Could be you messed something up. Do you have an ext2 formatted sd? This could also explain why the settings save.

Can you clean the appdata folder and try again?

Restart your Pandora? As graphics drivers could hang.

(and I corrected front page, it is the left plugin, I have to learn my left and right)
So changing the analog n64 stick to respond to the DPad isn't possible?

And just some final feedback before I uninstall :(

All of the "config" buttons in the configuration option open the same config file, which even when saved won't accept any changes. I tried changing some input options (by configuring the graphics plugin!) and they weren't used - and were overwritten by the default values when I next entered the configuration.

The configuration file has control options for sdl1, sdl2, sdl3, sdl4 but there's no option for anything but sdl input in the configuration panel.

There are configuration options for rice-video in the config file, but no options for any of the others. Again, changes made to rice's configuration don't stick.

This is a real shame, I had very high hopes for this port - you've obviously spent a lot of time on it. It's just such a disappointment that the older version is so much faster and more capable.

You have my gratitude though for your work; if future versions address the issues I've found, then I'll be back on board.

Many thanks for your time.

PS: Clicking "Per ROM" in the config for Glide gives "Invalid byte sequence in conversion input." error in mousepad which results in a read-only file.

D.
You can change analog with DPad, it is doable. Use the gtkconfig and choose "Config" for the InputPlugin.Search for [nub0] and here you can alter the config. I think you'll need the value from [keyboard] that are DPad* and X Axis and Y Axis.

For the "Per rom" issue, it looks like you have an outdated version of Mousepad, so I suspect you run un old SuperZaxxon Firmware (v1.52 or v1.53?). If you want to stick with your old version, you should at least update Mousepad, there was a PND that did that at a time, by Freamon (but may be he disabled that one).

The gtkdialog "config" is still usefull to mess with the config file.

For Glide, there is autoframe skip (I speed hours and hours on this!).

Use the "Config" dialog, choose "Glide" as video plugin and select the "Per rom" button to open Glide64mk2.ini. Go down, or search for "[DEFAULT]" and then look for "autoframeskip".

To enable automatic frameskipping, you need

autoframeskip=1
maxframeskip=3
Okay thanks! :)

And I would also like to deactivate the audio plugin at all - at least for some games. It seems there is no way to do this yet...

And as ZXDunny asked could we get an option for lowrez please? This could help performance wise.
Deactivate audio: I need to add the dummy audio plugin to the lot. I will take a look.

Lowrez, I'm not sure on how to setup that. It should be different but doable for each Plugin. Try maybe with GLES2N64 first.

The point is, for most plugin, I forced screen res to 800x480, with a 4/3 aspect ratio (so 640x480 image with black border).

How do I get Paper Mario and Mischief Makers to play full-speed and without any graphical issues?
For Paper Mario, best plugin IMO is Glide. Use some autoframeskip too.

If you want speed with some graphic glitches, put "fb_smart=0" in the [PAPER MARIO] section of the "per rom" config of Glide.

To have less graphical glitches, but some slow down (combat transition mainly), put "fb_smart=1" (and also, maybe "fb_hires=1", but not sure), at the same place.

For Mischief Makers, I have no idea, sorry.

Hi, i tried this morning Mupen Plus64 and i dont get it right work.

In much Games have i Audiostuttering and feelable little slower than real.

Used standart Settings with 1.2GHz Clocked,without Texture Packs or near Things (short Test)

While recording Video over TV Out stuttered the Audio in following Games:

Tetris64

MegaMan64

Yoshis Story

Wipeout64

Zelda64

Mario64 seem with standart Settings little slower too.

I think a posibility is that i maybe installed SGX4.0.1.3 and reinstalled standart Driver now.

But unfortune must i go to work now.

Can Test this Evening little more.

Have much Games for Testing :)

Hi, i tried this morning Mupen Plus64 and i dont get it right work.

In much Games have i Audiostuttering and feelable little slower than real.

Used standart Settings with 1.2GHz Clocked,without Texture Packs or near Things (short Test)

While recording Video over TV Out stuttered the Audio in following Games:

Tetris64

MegaMan64

Yoshis Story

Wipeout64

Zelda64

Mario64 seem with standart Settings little slower too.

I think a posibility is that i maybe installed SGX4.0.1.3 and reinstalled standart Driver now.

But unfortune must i go to work now.

Can Test this Evening little more.

Have much Games for Testing :)
You are probably using Glide, and it seem I forgot to put Autoframeskip ON. So do it manualy (look here for direction; http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/14600-mupen64plus-20/page-2#entry281539)

For Yoshi, this one is tricky. It will only works well with Glide plugin, but even with autofromeskip, you will have slowdown. Rice is running faster, but with autoframeskip, background is not drawn correctly.

So, based on latest feedback, I modified a few things. Also, the mupe64plus-libreta project has fixed 2 nasty bugs in the GLES2N64 plugin, increasing dramaticly its compatibility.

Build 02

-----------

• New default Glide config with autoframeskip enabled
  • Will ask to update default when upgrading for build 01
  • Some GLES2N64 bug corrected (from mupen64plus-libreto project).
  • New AspectRatio control for Rice plugins (both). Go in config and look for [Video-General]. Default is correct AspecRatio.

To have the "AspectRatio" settings, you have to launch a Rice plugin first...

It was the same with the first release, but sram saves seem to not save anywhere.. 

I've tried Zelda and Mario 64 so far.

Edit: Cleared out my appdata folder and started from scratch and so far still no luck

I've tried Zelda and Mario 64 so far.

Edit: Cleared out my appdata folder and started from scratch and so far still no luck
Your appdata is on a FAT32 or EXT partition?

It may be the migration process of r1 files that messed up something maybe. Instead of wipping put everything, try to just remove inside appdata/mupen64plus2/ the mupen64plus folder.

You can change analog with DPad, it is doable. Use the gtkconfig and choose "Config" for the InputPlugin.Search for [nub0] and here you can alter the config. I think you'll need the value from [keyboard] that are DPad* and X Axis and Y Axis.
I'll download your update and see if I can get it to do it. Problem is that I change "nub0" string but when I run Mupen64plus2.0, it puts "nub0" back in.

For the "Per rom" issue, it looks like you have an outdated version of Mousepad, so I suspect you run un old SuperZaxxon Firmware (v1.52 or v1.53?). If you want to stick with your old version, you should at least update Mousepad, there was a PND that did that at a time, by Freamon (but may be he disabled that one).
This is SZ1.55 (latest update from Notaz's updater) and prior to that I had the mousepad upgrade running already.

D.

I'll download your update and see if I can get it to do it. Problem is that I change "nub0" string but when I run Mupen64plus2.0, it puts "nub0" back in.

This is SZ1.55 (latest update from Notaz's updater) and prior to that I had the mousepad upgrade running already.

D.
Your Mousepad issue is strange. On my side, Mousepad is asking me what codepage it should use, and than, after choosing something, I can read/write the file with no problem.

For the input, your [nub0] section should look like that:

Code:
[nub0]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
DPad R = key(100)
DPad L = key(97)
DPad D = key(115)
DPad U = key(119)
#Start is Start
Start= key(308)
Z Trig= key(303)
#B button = (X) = 281 = SDLK_PAGEDWN
B Button= key(278)
#A button = (A) = 278 = SDLK_HOME (279 = ()
A Button= key(281)
R Trig= key(305)
#L trigger is ( (P = 111)
L Trig= key(279)
X Axis = key(276,275)
Y Axis = key(273,274)
# K=107 , Backspace=8
C Button R = key(8)
# J = 106, 9 = 57
C Button L = key(57)
# M = 109 , (Y) = 280
C Button D = key(280)