Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

C-buttons, you can move them around (there are some alternate placement in some earlier post, look one or 2 pages before). But you will probably not be able to put it in right nub. The SDL plugin doesn't support 2 joystick for the same player. But maybe you can try by using the "mouse" as right nub, that the only solution I can think of right now.
For right nub c buttons, just use this and map the right joystick to buttons: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=qjoypad-001
Is it possible to use the right nub for C buttons? I tried Qjoypad but Mupen64 seems to ignore it. Anyone have a working solution? Thanks!

I dislike the right nub as C-buttons, at least for default settings.

My Nub is not that bad but I already tried it as C-buttons and had a lot of miss hits or no reaction.

Pyra Nub might be good for that job but Pandora nub is bad.

(Don't get me wrong, options always are good. I don't say I dislike the possibility to change C-buttons to right nub, it's just not a great default setting for people with mediate good nub)

I think I will try to add 2 new options to SDL Input:

1. Add alternate C-Buttons configurations (so you can 2 "keys" for the C-buttons)
  2. Add mouse-key "key", based on the mouse relative mouvement, so 2nd nub can be used as keys
And then with that, I'll update the default config with alternate C-button mapping on "mouse nub" (which can either nub1 or nub0).

Updated Mupen to Build 13 and SGX drivers to 4.10

One of the updates seams to have brought stuttering to Diddy Kong Racing, regardless of video plugin.

On a positive note, the updates seam to have improved Goldeneye's speed dramatically.

Will do some more extensive tests and report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 4.10 drivers, I have Ocarina Time running full speed with many graphical errors fixed!

With 4.10 drivers, I have Ocarina Time running full speed with many graphical errors fixed!
I had it full speed with the old drivers and GLES2N64 plugin, but It's awesome to have most of the graphic glitches cleaned up..  I've played for two hours today.

I had it full speed with the old drivers and GLES2N64 plugin, but It's awesome to have most of the graphic glitches cleaned up.. I've played for two hours today.
It was very close for me before, but slowdowns and stuttering were fairly common, especially after reaching dodongos cavern. There were also lots of doorways visible through walls and other such graphical errors. Starting it up today after changing nothing but the driver was wonderful, as almost all traces of slowdown and sound stuttering are gone and suddenly most of the graphics glitches were gone too. It was suddenly like playing it on the n64 again!

Goldeneye has improved with the glide64mk2 video plugin and SGX 4.10. Has nice resolution with most graphics and visual effects now being shown. Very playable at 1000 MHz. ​

New release on the repo.

I added  an alternate configuration for C Button and using the other nub as mouse mode is also possible.

The alternate C Buttons are names "C Button2 U", "C Button2 D", "C Button2 L" and "C Button2 R" and the mouse as key are "mouse_up", "mouse_down", "mouse_left" and "mouse_right".

The new default InputAutoCfg.ini include the configuration of using the other nub for Nub0 and Nub1 configuration.

Build 14

-----------

• Alternate configuraton for C Buttons
  • Using Mouse as key is possible now

Any reason right nub acts as mouse (visably moves cursor in game) when 'mouse = False' in nub1 subsection of input config?

is there a way to use the righ nub as a mouse instead of the left? or  i mean to swap the nubs? 

Any reason right nub acts as mouse (visably moves cursor in game) when 'mouse = False' in nub1 subsection of input config?
Mouse is visible? It should be hidden now with the new parameters.

is there a way to use the righ nub as a mouse instead of the left? or  i mean to swap the nubs? 
Yes, you have to invert the contents of the "left_nub" and "right_nub" files inside appdata/mupen64plus2 folder.

Yes, you have to invert the contents of the "left_nub" and "right_nub" files inside appdata/mupen64plus2 folder.
I want both nubs to be active in game, so I put 'absolute' in both files and commented out 'mouse'

After doing that; left nub became mouse (?) and sound was muted along with other control problems (no start button)

edit: resolved milky problem (unrelated)

I want both nubs to be active in game, so I put 'absolute' in both files and commented out 'mouse'

After doing that; left nub became mouse (?) and sound was muted along with other control problems (no start button)

edit: resolved milky problem (unrelated)
Nope, that wont work. The current config files are designed for 1 joystick per player. And the profiles are activated with the SDL name of the Joystick.

By activating both nubs as joysticks, you will activate Nub0 for Player 1 (the [nub0]  section), and Nub1 for Player 2 (the [nub1] section). But because many controls are common, you will just have something uncontrolable... Put one back to mouse and it will be used.

Hey ptitSeb, is there any way we can get Bomberman 64 running? I've tried the US, European, and Japanese (Baku Bomberman) roms for this game and they all just give me a black screen when I load it. I've tried this with all of the different video plugins. I'm on a CC Pandora w/ the default GPU drivers. I'm willing to test to help figure this out, just let me know what I need to do.

-God Ginrai

Back