Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

Has anyone gotten Smash Bros to work well? It works pretty good in GlesN64, (I think that's the one) but I think it actually worked better in the previous update... (Don't get me wrong! Everything else I've tried is amazing in 2.0!) I tried editing the config a little bit, but it's still only about 70% speed. Could someone either tell me how to get it working better? If not, maybe PM me the previous update? I deleted mine when 2.0 came out...

Hoh, hoh! Magnific! My whole purpose in life is clear now, it all makes sense!

(...But really, thanks! I was unaware that a person could do that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a crux, i tried to use a high res pack for zelda oot, but it is not playable with it. (After enabling the framerate and speed display i was shocked how slow it was: ~3 fps and 78% @1120 MHz)

A few questions:

Glide is the only video plugin which could use high ress packs?

How to disable the forced bilinear filter in Glide?

Are there tweaks to fix the overlays with rice? The markers on the map in zelda oot are missing with rice.

If you're not using Rice for a particular reason, I would recommend that you use the GLESN64 plugin for Zelda OOT.

New release.

Many things changes. I integrated the upstream changes, using the work done on mupen64plus-ae project.

Main point is 2 new parameters on the Core (DelaySI and CountPerOp), and I added a Per Rom for those 2 settings. Then I update the PerRom with the list of game that need special parameters (that was boring, the list is long for the CountPerOp one).

It makes a difference sometimes. For example, Paper Mario seems to be usable with GLES2N64 now.

I haven't tested much, and many things changes, so it may break where it worked before (it seems Wave Race 64 with GLES2N64 gives you a black screen on the intro, but it's showing ok on game).

Build 12

---------

• Updated Core, Glide, SDL-Audio and Rice(s) to Upstream
  • New Core settings, with added per rom option (inside an updated mupen64plus.ini ROM database):
    DelaySI, default to False, with the exeptions listed here.
  • CountPerOp, default to 2, with the exeptions listed here.
[*]A few fixes & tuning here and there on many graphicals plugins

Is there an easy way to copy my control config from mupen v1 to v2? as my left nub is messed up. and mupen v1 uses dpad instead of  left nub.

Is there an easy way to copy my control config from mupen v1 to v2? as my left nub is messed up. and mupen v1 uses dpad instead of  left nub.
No way, since controler plugin is completely different.

But you can alter the control scheme and adapt it. Use the Mupen 2.0 Config dialog to edit SDL Input config file, and look for the section [nub0] to adapt your control.

If you want to put analog stick to DPAd, you will also need to put Digital controls elsewhere too. I'm prety sure it's explained already in this very thread...

Some info, my soon tested Paper Mario on a CC model, and it was working pretty well (with a few video artefact) with the GLES2N64 plugin (and without Swapfile).

Ok thanks Pitseb, I'll figure this out from here no problem.

Here is how I was affected by the newest update. A couple problems here and there but overall a great step forward. Thank-you so much, ptitSeb; for all the hard work you put into this and all of your applications. I think at least 50% of the PNDs on my Pandora are because of your efforts.

2.0.0.10 > 2.1.0.12

(+)effected positively

(-)effected negatively

(+)1080 - Less CPU stutter than before. Graphics look better on GLIDE, but has stutter. RICE2 has little to no stutter but has graphical glitches/fragments (same as before).

(+)Banjo-Kazooie - Minor speed improvement. Minor graphical glitches, same as before.

(-)Banjo Tooie - Very unstable. Only runs 50% of the time. Crashes 100% of the time at menu. Was stable on 2.0.0.10

(-)Conker's Bad Fur Day - Appears to run slower. Only menu tested.

(+-)Diddy Kong Racing - Minor speed improvement. Some graphical glitches introduced for RICE1.1 not present in 2.0.0.10 (blue tree trunks, pause menu fonts, see-through genie) RICE2 not effected by glitches, runs smoother, missing some 2D graphics but very few.

(-)F-Zero X - Speed seams unchanged. Graphical glitches introduced during race. Clock and #of Lives on HUD show artifacts. No graphical glitches on 2.0.0.10

(+)Goldeneye - Noticeable speed improvement. Less graphical glitches (no longer see-through walls). Playable using GLES2N64. (50%-90% speed).

(+)Mario Kart - Minor speed improvement (less slowdown at start of race).

(+)Perfect Dark - Noticeable speed improvement. Menu has graphical glitches but is close to full speed. Institute is fairly good. Missions are a little slow. Playable! Runs much better than Goldeneye.

(+)Super Smash Bros. - Noticeable speed improvement. 90%-100% speed with SkipFrame=True. Speed 70%+ without skip.

All games @1.2Ghz using RICE2 and default settings (unless noted). Will update wiki compatibility list once I finish testing different settings.

@rError: thanks for that report!

I note that F-Zero X (for example) has some regression using RICE2. Strange. I will take a look see if I notice something.

Banjoo Tooie I have also notice the unstabilities. Not sure where it come from.

Did full flash yesterday before I ran those tests and I forgot to update SGX drivers  <_<   How embarrassing :unsure:

Updated SGX driver to 4.03.02

- Solved F-Zero X graphic problem. Clock and Lives display correctly. RICE2

- Solved Diddy Kong Racing graphic glitches with RICE1.1, RICE2 still missing some 2D graphics. Didn't notice it before- RICE1.1 doesn't show skid marks, RICE2 does. (only thing missing with RICE1.1)

- Goldeneye see-through walls present again with RICE2. Appears to run slower with new driver, but still faster than 2.0.0.10, GLES2N64 still gives best experience.

- Perfect Dark seams to run slower now. More sound tearing/stutter. RICE2. GLES2N64 runs slightly faster (I think), but introduces graphical glitches in menu and doesn't look as smooth.

- Super Smash Bros. ever so slightly runs slower. Still faster than 2.0.0.10, SkipFrame=True solves problem.

All other games appear unchanged. Apologies for the previous false information.

Updated Muppen64, now all plugin should be compatible with newer drivers. I tried with 4.10 and it was working well.

Build 13

---------

• Updated Core & Video Plugin so they are now compatible with newer SGX drivers

Back