Beta Mupen64Plus

GuchaRU said:
Tested it. It hangs if clockspeed is above 700. So, I guess I'll play games with 699 clockspeed. Moft of them still laggy, but mario 64 and road rash runs okay.
Strange, Mario 64 should run fullspeed w/ sound at 650, IIRC.

EDIT: Oh, and overclocking won't break your Pandora. It's only when you combine overclocking with overvolting to get much higher frequencies that you will see problems. And even then it's nothing spectacular like a catastrophic failure, you just lose lifetime on your processor.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
EDIT: Oh, and overclocking won't break your Pandora. It's only when you combine overclocking with overvolting to get much higher frequencies that you will see problems. And even then it's nothing spectacular like a catastrophic failure, you just lose lifetime on your processor.

-God Ginrai

Electromigration is a bitch.

I see Ari has posted an update (thanks for your ongoing work Ari). Would now be a good time to request that Picklelauncher be added to this emu? :) Is there a link to the resources so one of us can customise the UI for N64?

Gruso said:
I see Ari has posted an update (thanks for your ongoing work Ari). Would now be a good time to request that Picklelauncher be added to this emu? :) Is there a link to the resources so one of us can customise the UI for N64?
That update doesn't seem to be a PND, from what I can tell...
I like the current GUI, personally.

Gruso said:
As for the current GUI.. it has one?! :p
Mupen64Plus-02.jpg

Yeah, it would be nice if one could set a default rom directory.

But I don't think Picklelauncher would work, because there are some other emulator options that would be lost (i.e. buttonmapping).

Fellows, is there any way to lower the sensitivity of the left nub? I'm playing F-Zero currently, and while it runs great, it's very hard to steer because the nub is so sensitive.

Esn said:
Fellows, is there any way to lower the sensitivity of the left nub? I'm playing F-Zero currently, and while it runs great, it's very hard to steer because the nub is so sensitive.
Yup... I don't have my Pandora to verify (RMA) but the input plugin has a conf file... You can edit nub files to 0.9 or 0.8 and it will have a nicer sensitivity.

PokeParadox said:
Esn said:
Yup... I don't have my Pandora to verify (RMA) but the input plugin has a conf file... You can edit nub files to 0.9 or 0.8 and it will have a nicer sensitivity.
Ah yes, Options -> Input settings. I'm guessing that I have to change something in this, but I don't know what:
Code:
#These values specify the analog calibration function
#in = [0,255], out = [0, 255]
#out = in*v[0] + in^2 * v[1] + in^3 * v[2] ....
CALIB LEFT[0]=0.500000
CALIB LEFT[1]=0.500000
CALIB LEFT[2]=0.200000
CALIB LEFT[3]=0.200000
CALIB RIGHT[0]=0.500000
CALIB RIGHT[1]=0.500000
CALIB RIGHT[2]=0.200000
CALIB RIGHT[3]=0.200000

Well you've found the correct thing... I also don't really understand what the explanation is, but...
Code:
CALIB LEFT[0]= high value x
CALIB LEFT[1]=high value y
CALIB LEFT[2]=low value x
CALIB LEFT[3]=low value y
CALIB RIGHT[0]=high value x
CALIB RIGHT[1]=high value y
CALIB RIGHT[2]=low value x
CALIB RIGHT[3]=low value y

This simplification makes some sense to me... values on a 0 to 1 scale. I realised my config is on my SD. e.g.
Code:
CALIB LEFT[0]=0.500000
CALIB LEFT[1]=0.500000
CALIB LEFT[2]=0.100000
CALIB LEFT[3]=0.100000
CALIB RIGHT[0]=0.500000
CALIB RIGHT[1]=0.500000
CALIB RIGHT[2]=0.100000
CALIB RIGHT[3]=0.100000

But of course, experimentation is key, so good luck! ;)

Yes i have been wondering about this too. theoretically, if you enter a higher value for CALIB LEFT[0] and CALIB LEFT[1], you'd have to push the nubs further for the emulator to interpret them as "analog stick pushed all the way", but in practice this seems to make no difference. Or am i wrong? I just can't get MArio to walk slowly, so i keep waking up those Piranha Plants...

Fishbong said:
Yes i have been wondering about this too. theoretically, if you enter a higher value for CALIB LEFT[0] and CALIB LEFT[1], you'd have to push the nubs further for the emulator to interpret them as "analog stick pushed all the way", but in practice this seems to make no difference. Or am i wrong? I just can't get MArio to walk slowly, so i keep waking up those Piranha Plants...
Actually you want to adjust the low values lower, to have more range... I don't 100% get it, but the lower values are not a deadzone. Just changing it to 0.1 from the default 0.2 improved things for me... try those values and then work from there!

Hey guys,

maybe this small modification idea before or instead the cubic io-curve could help with nub precision near the deadzone (yes, the nubs have a deadzone) without losing precision on the other end.

graphp.gif

Edit: This io-cuve is the exact opposite to what the nubs do. I wrote a small nubtester app to visualize the nubs behaviour and noticed that they have a deadzone and near their deadzone, they are more sensitive. So this type of io-curve corrects that behaviour.

More about that here in an old post by me:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55762-dxx-rebirth-1-and-2/page__view__findpost__p__904486

To my knowledge its this one http://bunnitude.com/ari64/mupen64plus-arm-20110128.tar.gz from Ari64 in the link at the top of his post #658 on 28th Jan 2011. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49358-mupen64plus/page__st__645 (I keep trying to link to the forum post but it just loops back to right here instead, so I give up).

Its not in PND form though so probably needs running from terminal or other such trickery

Ok guys,
I've been bugged for instructions on how to build this with my toolchain enough to have a look.

As I find out, it's not that easy to build for pandora. Anyway my build for the lastest Ari64 release is here.

While I'm reusing the plugins from previous build, this PND wont reuse your appdata directory, so copy things over if you want to have these back ;)

Back