My Gp32 Gets More Playtime Than My Psp

T

TelcoLou

It's not that the charm of my shiny new system has dulled; but I find myself still yearning for those old, warm fuzzy nostalgic feelings I get from older consoles.

I guess that's what drew me to the gp32_console in the first place. Now, some 2 years later since I've had this little wonder, and I'm still amazed at the superb quality emulators and homebrew games/apps.

Sorry for the pointless topic, I was just being somewhat jubilent after finishing the second dungeon in Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. (Beta version of Fday fGB32 ... hang on to your hats folks, it's perfect .. aside from some kinks being worked out)

... I'm certain this is a predictable question, but I don't care:

So, how many of you folks have other/more powerful consoles/handhelds, yet play your gp32_console most often?

I honestly haven't touched my gamecube in nearly a year. :lol:

I have used NES, SNES, Genesis, MSX and Spectrum emulators with my PC. By "used" I mean played a few games once and that was it. The GP32 breathes a complete new life into emulation - for some reason, playing old school stuff on a portable is way more attractive. I have not touched emulation on my PC (asides from MAME) since I have bought my GP about two years ago.

Same here, I prefer playing emulated games on the GP32 anytime, even when at home. Especially Genesis games.
And coding for GP32 is so much more rewarding than for PC for some reason...

When using emulators on my PC, it's usually for a few minutes because I wanted to check it out, but with my GP32, it actually makes me wanna sit down and finish all the games.

Yeah, I'm into emulation scene since 1992, yet never really enjoyed playing emulators on my PC.

My PC is connected to the TV and I have a PSX and N64 USB Converter, so most games do play pretty well... still, it is much more fun on the GP32.
Somehow, it feels like the real system...

I guess it's because the easy use and perfect emulators, because I never played with the old fGB32 (the public release, because of timing issues) - but I play the fGB32 beta a lot. It feels like a real GameBoy (but with backlight :))

And playing emulators on PC is still a lot of fiddling around... finding the correct vsync, etc. settings to let it run smoothly with fs0, perfect sound, perfect scrolling, etc.

I have a 3,8GHz AMD64, and I still can't get Genesis or SNES emulation to run 100% smooth... 95% smooth okay, but Genesis still feels better on GP32.

I'm an emulation addict since 1999. But i hadn't such time to spend on playing game on PC. Then, with the GP32, i live a new fun. And i play game i could never play with emulation on PC !
No matter, i won't buy any console until 2006... Too much time to spend on the little Korean ^ ^

agreed - I have Big 3ghz PC and a PS2 but hardly ever touch them!!

however, the dreamcast comes a close second to the GP32 - it may as well be a GP32 anyway - you get Beats of Rage on the dreamcast also doom and fenix games... The GP does megadrive better - the dreamcast does nes better... GP does Atari ST better - the dreamcast does mastersystem better - so you can chop and change :)

I say if you like the GP32 the dreamcast is the perfect compliment!

sPaCe :ph34r:

spaceboygp32x posted on May 28 2005 at 09:58 AM said:

however, the dreamcast comes a close second to the GP32 - it may as well be a GP32 anyway - you get Beats of Rage on the dreamcast also doom and fenix games... The GP does megadrive better - the dreamcast does nes better... GP does Atari ST better - the dreamcast does mastersystem better - so you can chop and change :)

if only i knew how to make cdi's :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My psp is idle, my DS never used!!!

How can they compare to years and years of great games on my gp32?????

But I might get a modded xbox. Is it beter for emus than the dreamcast? Can I play dreamcast games on an xbox?

Don't have to answer those, cos I know I can look on t'interweb when i want.... :D

Yeah I've had gigs of emulation stuff on my HDD since '97 and I have a GP32 for about 3-4 months and have already played more emulation in it than the last 8 years on a PC. It's so much cooler. You can play it anywhere. There's no beating that, except, perhaps, more and better emulators eheheh :D

PS: The GP32 isn't only emulation though, there's loads of homebrew games that are amazing as well. :D And reading ebooks has NEVER been so fun!

Gotta love the GP32!

Nova posted on May 28 2005 at 10:02 AM said:
spaceboygp32x posted on May 28 2005 at 09:58 AM said:

however,  the dreamcast comes a close second to the GP32 - it may as well be a GP32 anyway - you get Beats of Rage on the dreamcast also doom and fenix games... The GP does megadrive better - the dreamcast does nes better... GP does Atari ST better - the dreamcast does mastersystem better - so you can chop and change :)

sPaCe  :ph34r:

if only i knew how to make cdi's :(

you dont need to www.sbiffy.com

just use the tools to make discjuggler images!

I was big into emulation on my PC a coupla yearts ago and the gp32 resparked my interest in it.

A long time ago, while playing on the PC, I realized I had never beaten more than a couple of games in my whole life. On the GP32, I've beaten games at a much faster rate, does that say something? ;)

Blah posted on May 28 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
A long time ago, while playing on the PC, I realized I had never beaten more than a couple of games in my whole life. On the GP32, I've beaten games at a much faster rate, does that say something? ;)

Yes, yes it does....

I agree there is just some thing cool about playing the old classic on a console and even better on one that is portable.

Back like in 1999 when most CRT monitor resolutions were 1024x768 and at the time my laptop was set for that and emulation looked great but now wiht there higher res monitors they get pixilated

However on the Gp32 or via Xbox on the TV look smooth as well!!!!

I still play my PS2 for RPG's like Final Fantasy and old good PS1 games like Legend Of Mana that you can't play anyware else.

I do still live my dreamcast and love the Gamecube for the Mario Zelda games etc!!!!

Back