Release My Little Investigations

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is My Little Investigations, an OpenSource adventure game featuring characters from the TV Show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
preview1.png

The games use glshim (with SDL2), and is of Commercial Quality (graphics, animation, voice acting!), reminiscent of game like Ace Attorney on the DS (but with a much higher res here).

/!\ You will need a Swapfile for this game (for all models, or you will get crash at loading on some screen). /!\

History log
=========

Build 02
------------
  • Some more movies resized
  • Fixed some graphical bugs
  • More downsampling of textures (you will notice some pixelated textures)
Build 01
------------
  • Initial build
  • Movies resized
  • Pandora optimisations / customisation
For the curious, here is my diff against latest git sources (plus, I have resized some movies, inside the common.dat zip archive).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, these Bronies  are indeed creative. :D  
Remembers me onto "Fighting is Magic" a Fighting game based on MLP. It had the same art style like the show and was actualy very well made. However, Hasbro was pulling it pretty fast, even it was not an commercial project. It seems you can do Star Wars and Star trek Fan Fiction stuff but not a MLP fighting game...

in the end you made it to tame these bad ponies...seems a great work...i'll need to test.
Thanks also for the diff file. ;)

I just don't know what went wrong. Derpy must have destroyed the town hall. Here is some evidence: http://imgur.com/a/UZGc2
Also the game comes to a grinding halt there.
SGX driver is version 1.6.16.3977, I also added a swap file like suggested

Totally unrelated, but is there a better screenshot utility than 'cat /dev/fb' available? Couln't find any of the usual candidates (imagemagick, scrot, xwd, ...)

I just don't know what went wrong. Derpy must have destroyed the town hall. Here is some evidence: http://imgur.com/a/UZGc2
Also the game comes to a grinding halt there.
SGX driver is version 1.6.16.3977, I also added a swap file like suggested

Totally unrelated, but is there a better screenshot utility than 'cat /dev/fb' available? Couln't find any of the usual candidates (imagemagick, scrot, xwd, ...)

Ah, I haven't been that far in the game. I guess the map is a big vertical one? (for screenshot, I use a fbgrab command in ssh, not much user friendly than your method...).

@ashcloud: Can I have your savestate?

Ah, I haven't been that far in the game. I guess the map is a big vertical one? (for screenshot, I use a fbgrab command in ssh, not much user friendly than your method...).

@ashcloud: Can I have your savestate?

@pitSeb: It's actually not that far into the game. Just two screens to the left. The map looks pretty big, but it's too much lag for me to explore it. I'll attach an archive of the save folder.

View attachment Saves.tar.gz

Edit: Also the cursor has an offset when using the touchscreen

The touchscreen is not usable on the game. First it use "relative mode" that is not compatible with touchscreen, and second the gme use a 960x540 screen, and I cheated to make it scale to 800x480, but didn't touch mouse code (and I didn't had to because it was on relative mode).

Thanks for the save, I'll take a look this week end.

So, build 02 is available.
I fixed the graphical glitches, and worked around the huge slowdown: I first downscale more movies, but as it was not enough, I used some downsampling on large texture. Some object are now pixelated, but the speed is fine now (and it also probably reduce the memory footprint).

Build 02
------------

• Some more movies resized
  • Fixed some graphical bugs
  • More downsampling of textures (you will notice some pixelated textures)

Uh, I can use the right one as mouse and click with? Serious question. :)

Oh, didn't know ABMouse. Will check this out! :D

Oh, didn't know ABMouse. Will check this out! :D

I use ABmouse most of the time, and it works well for me.  There are 2 notable problems with using it.  The first is that some games expect the default Pandora controls, so ABmouse doesn't work for them (for example if A and B are supposed to be used in the game they won't work with ABmouse).  The other is that some games change control settings but don't return it to exactly how it was before you started the game, so if you are trying to click with A after exiting the game it won't work.

Back