My Pandora Arrived! Quick Picture. :)

I know it's boring but I really appreciated some words about office like stuff. You know, opening some huge documents (DOC, XLS, PDF, ODF, ODS,...) and some typing. Take it on video will be amazing, but text and snapshot review will serve enough.

Hey Zod -
Are you able to include (in a later revision) a GameShark in the PSX4ALL????
I'm sure many people would agree. I would kindly donate, happily.

Congratulations, and thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to your work!

Hey Zod -
Are you able to include (in a later revision) a kitchen sink in the PSX4ALL????
:p

Final Fantasy VIII would be good to see. Anything really. Just seeing it on an actual Pandora will make it so much better.

I'm pleased that you want it to be 100% free and open source. I've come to believe more in donations than a set price. I've never had the pleasure of trying out your work but I have great hopes. Looking forward to it.

HackModford said:
My request would be...
Seeing Ocarina of Time goin'
Then seeing what the web browser is like...
Watching you play super mario bros. 3
Then showing off some of the homebrew games.
Then maybe playing Toejam and Earl Panic on Funkatron

First one is most important to me... second one wouold be nice :D

I feel pretty much the same. Especially about seeing OoT running.

zodttd said:
My plans for psx4pandora is for it to be completely 100% free and open source, just as it should be. I am not looking for donations, although truly appreciated. If I do get donations, I surely hope it would be after the release and use of psx4pandora. I have no intention of profiting off this work in any manner.

I want this to be a project out of love, and not feel like work. :)

Loading some patched firmware onto the Pandora now. Be sure to check out skeezix's pics too! He has his up and running already.

Great to hear that.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
craigix said:
Zod just has a PSP charger with his unit (genuine).

I can do you some photos of the Pandora charger, there are two types.
yes please:)
do they have the pandora logo on it?

Then i can tell my parents my pandora sucks evil out of the wall :p
They shouldn't... they're off the shelf, not made for OP.

Well thats just rude Mr Stan!
I'm sure it was a shot at me ;) ;)

I love my old PSX Action Replay - Cheat Cartridges!!

kingoddball said:
Well thats just rude Mr Stan!
I'm sure it was a shot at me ;) ;)
No one is safe from my total lack of humour! :p

Are you also going to do an OpenTTD port? Seeing as it is what you got your name from originally... Ah, the good old Zodiac days! :)
I'd really love to see a well working OpenTTD port as soon as possible as it's the perfect game to show off what the Pandora can do in my opinion. Also, now that it's completely free, including full replacement graphics and everything, it could actually ship with every Pandora (probably starting with the second batch, though).

First of all thanks for all your work to the jailbreak community Zod, your apps make my iphone a much better device.

Enjoy the pandora, looking forward to seeing some of your work on it!

I'm curious about the web browsing and media playing aspects if you've gotten around to testing them out at all. Has it been set up to connect wirelessly yet? What videos have you tried playing and what sizes(resolution) and were there any issues with them. Also typing text on the key pad is it comfortable to you? do you feel you can text message someone constantly from it without too much trouble with the keyboard layout?

ZodTTD, I found your donator only access to certain things in the iPhone repository a little controversial, but in retrospect the donator access idea was quite clever. Specially for the iPhone crowd, which is stuffed chock full of freakin' "n00bs" with no appreciation for the amount of work that goes into those apps, and no inclination to donate- I mean, they wont admit it, but they only jailbroke for cracked apps.

I sincerely hope that the long, agonising, painful barrier for entry into Pandora ownership yields more people who are willing to donate.

Enjoy your Pandora! I think some more videos of PSX4Pandora would go down nicely ;)

The Pandora represents a chance to re-live the Zodiac/GP2X eras, I much prefer this type of scene to that of mainstream devices like the PSP (ugh!) and iPhone/iTouch.

P.S. Any plans for the iPad? :D

kingoddball said:
Hey Zod -
Are you able to include (in a later revision) a GameShark in the PSX4ALL????

GameShark and Action Replay are just memory editors, you can do that to *any* linux (or windows) process that's running. Just grab your favorite memory hacker, and start rolling.

To save time (and avoid reinventing the wheel) it's also possible (and probably easy) to convert the type of address and offsets used in a GameShark code to work on whatever memory editor and roll away.

If you want when I have more time later I could find you some programs and tutorials to use, it's pretty easy to do. And then you could find your own codes as well, once you learn how. You could even translate them back into standard GameShark codes when you find your own.

- trix

Whoa! Thread moved way faster than I expected. I'm reading through it all now. :)

I landed up needing to reinstall my Ubuntu VMWare image that has my Codesourcery toolchain (and gparted for that matter). Took a nap while I downloaded a new Ubuntu image. Now I'm back at it.

I'll try to get into the details of what I plan for psx4pandora in a few minutes. Since I took that short nap (too many sleepless nights awaiting the Pandora :p) I didn't get to test the boot SDHC I made. Apparently I made it wrong so I'm redoing it now. Of course boot SD's won't be required for production models as the firmware will be on NAND.

Must get this booted. First thing I intend on running to test it out is Giana Returns. :)

Damn, seeing this thread and skeezix's thread put a smile on my face today, but now I'm sad; where's mine?

Hi zod, how about Ape Escape? It was the first dual analog PS1 game, so it would be a good show off of controls! Thanks Again!

Chris

Back