My Pandora Arrived! Quick Picture. :)

zodttd said:
It's really well built too. I took off the battery lid on the back and saw a Pandora logo and slogan right on the battery facing me. Really nice touches. Michael Weston and Craig have outdone themselves.

Ahem....

Anyway nice to see you got it, I imagine there will be some cool things from you on it due to your great coding talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let those keep coming! I still don't have mine (who knows, maybe one will show up the next few days :p ) but I can say the OpenGL ES 2.0 GPU is coming, better and sooner than ever. Can't help but to feel extremely excited myself to play a lot of PS1, Genesis, SNES, web surfing, Super Tux, watching videos, plug my TV + PS1 USB adapter to do all that on the big screen at home or someone else's...

Can't really believe Skeezix and zodttd have "final" units already. And there are photos of them. I'm really really happy for you guys :)

Geez, that's a whole lot of excitement coming back after some months that I was lacking interest. I want this shit more than ever now :D

It is kind of like the "gang" getting back together again. After the GP32, developers seemed to have scattered to anything and everything else from iPhones to Gizmondos and cheap Chinese MP4 players.

I can see this like the GP32 days again with many of the heavy hitters of coding comming back.

DaveC said:
It is kind of like the "gang" getting back together again. After the GP32, developers seemed to have scattered to anything and everything else from iPhones to Gizmondos and cheap Chinese MP4 players.

I can see this like the GP32 days again with many of the heavy hitters of coding comming back.

I thought the guys from Spain (Franxis, etc.) were still angry at Craig and won't support the Pandora, or did I miss something along the way?

-God Ginrai

Franxis did say that he will never support the Pandora, but no one really knows why.

It's a shame I think, I always supported him and donated to him. Luckily MAME is open so we can just port it over quickly (actually we already have).

God Ginrai said:
DaveC said:

I thought the guys from Spain (Franxis, etc.) were still angry at Craig and won't support the Pandora, or did I miss something along the way?

-God Ginrai
I don't see Franxis supporting ANYTHING right now. He has vanished completely.

I doubt he would not get a Pandora eventually. He was only mad at Craig for supporting the Dingoo over the Wiz. That doesn't seem like that big a deal.

That was the reason? Because I dared to say the Wiz and Dingoo were actually pretty similar?

Wow, no wonder he is pissed off that we went ahead and CREATED a whole new machine.

For reference:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/44848-mame-running-on-pandora-videos-inside/page__view__findpost__p__659930

and

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/44848-mame-running-on-pandora-videos-inside/page__view__findpost__p__660002

Slaanesh also said he would support MAME on the Pandora, but I dont know if he's getting one.

MAME 1.28 would be the schnizzle :)

FWA!!!!!!!!!! OMG its really going down, WOOT cant wait for N64 on this baby, PLAYING ZELDA OCRAINA OF TIME and taking a number 2 ^_____^ its like a dream come true, Awww pandora, i love you so so very much<3

Awesome news!

Do we know what version of MAME you were using in your Outrun vids Craig?

second exodous said:
I'm confused, is MAME so hard to port that only a handful of people can do it? I hope that the Pandora attracts more devs so we have more than a handful of people to port things. Since the Pandora uses a standard Linux and mainstream hardware maybe other devices work can benefit the Pandora also.

It's more that Slaanesh has a proven track record of excellent support and dedication to MAME. That is who we want doing the tailoring. The best.

craigix said:
second exodous said:
I'm confused, is MAME so hard to port that only a handful of people can do it? I hope that the Pandora attracts more devs so we have more than a handful of people to port things. Since the Pandora uses a standard Linux and mainstream hardware maybe other devices work can benefit the Pandora also.

It's more that Slaanesh has a proven track record of excellent support and dedication to MAME. That is who we want doing the tailoring. The best.
Oh, you beat me, I thought what I said was too harsh. After I posted this I realized that I was putting the devs we have now down a little bit. I didn't mean that at all devs, sorry.

Sounds like things are becoming so much more active in just a span of 12(ish) hours!

All the devs and creators are coming together (as said by DaveC) and I can't wait to see what will happen within the next few weeks..

Seeing how N64 is being mentioned here many times already, may I ask if Ari64 is getting one to progress on Mupen64Plus?

SoleGrave said:
Einhander
:wub:

I can hardly believe that today's Sqare Enix was ever the company that made those fantastic games.

second exodous said:
Oh, you beat me, I thought what I said was too harsh. After I posted this I realized that I was putting the devs we have now down a little bit. I didn't mean that at all devs, sorry.
I don't think your post was too harsh. But then, the posts I intend to have no inflection are often taken as harsh by some. I thought your post was very neutral and just a genuine question. Maybe it's something to do with having a Gir Avatar :p

kingoddball said:
All the devs and creators are coming together (as said by DaveC) and I can't wait to see what will happen within the next few weeks..
I can't agree more. The posts by those who received them was exciting, then the talk of the other Devs coming and posting. Exciting times. Maybe it's also my humble pride that in my first Unnoficial Blog post, I was fortunate enough to share today's news!

Good times ahead, looking forward to how it all falls together!

Thanks Zod & Slaanesh for your great ports in the past & look forward to efforts here on Pandora.

Peace & Opensource

Link

ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

kneelingman.jpg

Back