My Pandora Attacked Me!

skeezix said:
ledow said:
skeezix said:
"5 metric inches"

Eh?

That was the joke :) (its less of a joke when talking tonnage, since there really is a metric and non-metric 'tonne') But technically there is a metric-inch versus a 'American inch' (the metric inch rounds off to mm, the 'real inch' doesn't, of course.) Still, I just wanted to say 'metric inch' since it strikes my funny bone :)

jeff

[way-off-topic]
I find it funny that an "American" inch Is metric in a way: it's Exactly 25.4mm by definition. Also a degree F is Exactly ((9/5 * degrees C)+32), and an American second is Exactly 1 metric second! (Also a pound is Exactly 0.45359237 kilograms, but that isn't as good an example even though it is the definition of a pound.)

In other words, pretty much every country in the world does use the Metric system, some just don't like to admit it.

And yeah, according to Wikipedia there was a "former proposal for" a metric inch of 25mm but it obviously didn't go far enough.
[/way-off-topic]

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenu said:
I demand a video in slow motion! :lol:
I cut my nails this morning so I can't do it as easily, but I'll try and get a video tonight. :)

SD firing is one thing, but nothing beets PSP skeet-shooting; fire them UMDs out and duck before a hunter shoots you.

jeff

Pandora_SD_machinegun.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EvilDragon said:
Forget coding competitions - let's do a cartridge / flashcards / whatever-shooting competitions of various handhelds :D

I guess the NDS will be one of the last places here :p

don't forget early PSPs shooting out their UMDs, you could replace the disc with a mini saw blade and make covert weapons :)

edit: @skeezix: damn, I made a dup joke, should have read the whole thread first :lol:

oh yeah, this reminds me of my original snes with that eject button... I wonder how far that thing could shoot mario paint? to bad I no longer own those... I could have modded it to shoot really far somehow.

you know what would be really appropriate? a SMS shooting out shinobi, or a MD/Genesis shooting out shinobi 3. :p that would be awesome...

damn, I tried my netbook with an SD card, no luck. I just ended up hurting my middle finger. my netbook's card reader is overly snug because of that plastic covering that was never taken off  properly... an exacto knife would be handy for this...

I had to practice a bit to get my DS Lite shooting out games like it did... RIP brave warrior (T.T)

you could always manually adjust the tension of the springs inside your Pandora's SD card slot (I personally would not risk it)

my NDS's SCONE cartridge shoots microSD cards more then 25 meters far as I can assume... I didnt really measured it, lol, but it flew about 10 meters and hit the wall with so much force that i thought it would be broken to pieces and I almost had heart attack :) but no, microSD was ok. Never tried it again, though :)

Back