My Pandora was ran over buy a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokemike

Back in late June of 2012 I was a lucky owner of the original Open Pandora. I My screen later start turning funny colors, so I then decided to purchase the upgraded ram model. Back in July I made the terrible decision of moving in with my girlfriend, packed everything including my 2 Pandoras, and up up and away I went. on july 4th a huge argument broke, she shortly began tossing my things out on to the front yard. WELL I didn't notice that the small bag that had my two pandoras in it was actually tossed further unto the street. Shortly after trying to calm her down I heard a loud POP! I ran over to my pandoras as fast as I could, opened up the bag and screamed Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

LOL jk. I immediately tried turning on the rebirth edition........Urica!!! everything worked just fine!!!! except the L and R buttons were like stuck and requires a gently tap for input but still works. I then tried the first batch edition........urrrrrrrrrricaaaaa!!! oh wait no0000000000000000000.. It turns on, but the screen is busted. The funny thing is that it got ran over by a mini fan and somehow still works lol. BUT, the reason im posting this is because my first batch model is collecting dust and I need to know what can i do with it now? can I have it fixed?????? Can i trade it, along side of my rebirth edition and get the new model????? Please answer folks no pandora should go to waste, especially after all the trouble it was for all the people to obtain one of these BAD boys awhile back.

Sure, that can be repaired.

Screen would be 70 EUR, stuff like shoulder buttons is only a few EUR.

Upgrading both to a new unit should also be possible, if they're fine except for that.

girlfriends sure like tossing things around he he.  My ex threw my netbook off my bed (she was in a bad mood) xD

Don't know why anyone would put up with a person in their life that wilfully mistreats their stuff. I've worked hard for my money and look after my stuff, I wouldn't stand for anyone breaking my gear.

My touchscreen is broken since my girlfriend threw my Pandora around the whole livingroom. Except for that it has no injuries.

Not even the lcd broke. Only the touchscreenlayer over it.

Edit: also, pictures or it didn't happen ;)

But on a serious note, pictures would make it easier to identify if something can be repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
My girlfriend says that Pandora and my other girlfriend. because not leave my side.

but I'm so sad, my other girlfriend (pandora) got 90º lcd bug, now I need to buy a new lcd flat cable .

My days are so long without my pandora.

MarTinazzI​

I don't break her stuff. She doesn't break my stuff. I wouldn't be able to deal with a woman who messes with my electronics.

My daughters also know all Daddy's technology is off limits :)

My dog broke my first Pandora (original addition)  Bastard was running to get outside and caught the power cord jerking it off the table and onto the tile.  Broke the trigger.  I was so pissed.    :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)  but then I thought oh well Shit happens.  Time to upgrade.  Just waiting now for more 1 Ghz machines to come available and then it is off to trade up.

Animal abuse...even the suggestion of it...is not fit for this Board.  Please don't even bring it up again.

My daughters also know all Daddy's technology is off limits :)

Quoted for truth :)

The kids take over most gadgets, but my phone, Pandora and 'book reader' (tablet) are off limits; they can have old development models or whatever (took over my old tablet, PSP, gp2x, wiz, wife's DS, ..), but my current gizmos are 'mine' -- nothing more annoys me than when I'm going to be up all night with a baby or sick kid, and 90% of the apps are relocated, moved, or deleted, the batteries are drained, the screen is too dirty to see through ... no, my gear is off limits to people who drool or throw things :) (of any age ;) No, when I reach for a gizmo, it better work :)

jeff

Yeah... I think I would rage if my wife took her frustrations out on my gadgets... :ph34r:
"hit me! me! I can re-attach a finger or heal a bruise.. I can live without a few teeth! But don't you dare break my screen!"

Just waiting now for more 1 Ghz machines to come available and then it is off to trade up.
In case you're genuinely confused about availability, dragonbox.de currently reports 82 1GHz units in stock. Shop away.

Violence is often pretty useful. There's just too many people who only speak "physical". I know what I'm talking about because I have often enough tried to speak my way out of danger and still got harrassed and/or punched in the face every time. Either by bored Nazi fucks, or the usual unemployed Turks and Russians roaming the streets. All on the same level, they are. Thanks to my christian upbringing (which can go and rot somewhere) and all those fuckwits I haven't had any fun going out for over ten years. Add to it that my father, being a cop, has never even tried to show me how to defend myself, I do give a huge pile of nothing pleasant about people being adamant against violence - because you guys know squat about how things run.

Violence is often pretty useful. There's just too many people who only speak "physical". I know what I'm talking about because I have often enough tried to speak my way out of danger and still got harrassed and/or punched in the face every time. Either by bored Nazi fucks, or the usual unemployed Turks and Russians roaming the streets. All on the same level, they are. Thanks to my christian upbringing (which can go and rot somewhere) and all those fuckwits I haven't had any fun going out for over ten years. Add to it that my father, being a cop, has never even tried to show me how to defend myself, I do give a huge pile of nothing pleasant about people being adamant against violence - because you guys know squat about how things run.
There are people living in a dream world and typing here in front of their PCs? I would never have thought of that! :D

Well, I would teach my children to defend themselves psychologically AND (if necessary) physically in every situation after everything I have gone through, that's for sure.

Everyone who thinks, that you NEVER really need violent force, had a whole lot of luck and should be thankful for it.

Some people just have anger management problems. I've broken a few things I've owned, but I'm kind of weird about it. Like, I'll stop and think "I'd really feel better letting out some anger.. can I actually tolerate replacing this thing?".. I mean, I'm in control enough to not actually do it and it's always been a pretty deliberate decision. I've regretted it though, it's annoying waiting for new headphones to arrive :/

One of my keyboards really got it bad. On multiple occasions I'd slammed my fists on it really hard after dealing with some really nasty forums (no, not here, lolz).. I was sure I'd have broken it but I never managed to. Finally I unplugged it and threw it against a wall, where the keys went popping onto the floor. A little bit later I took apart the keyboard, picked up the keys, popped them back in, cleaned it, and it's all worked fine since then.. Haven't had the heart to hurt it again, heh..

Haven't done anything like this in a couple years though (although there were a couple of times I beat the hell out of things like pillows or punched my bed).. And of course I'd never do it to someone else's possessions.. not sure how I'd react if someone did it to mine. If it was to resolve random anger I'd probably be pretty forgiving but if it was deliberately to get back at me for something I don't know if I'd take it very well..

Everyone who thinks, that you NEVER really need violent force, had a whole lot of luck and should be thankful for it.
Aye. Especially girls seem to think that life is nice and gay - not seeing that countless people had to endure AND commit violence to reach the status quo AND to keep it up. That's political. But also cops, or friends/fathers/brothers have to show strength to protect their peers, friends and family. That's a whole job, or personal responsibility.

Now please say I'm sexist because I open my eyes wide enough to realize that men and women indeed are quite different most of the time.

/edited

Do you guys want to know my solution for these "relationship-problems" ? ^^

Its simple : ...Go get your Girlfriend a Pandora... =D

*And this aint a joke even if I love to smile a lot*

Im in the U.S, but how many euros would it cost to fix my screen and upgrade the first batch edition to the 1ghz model! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back