My Pandora was ran over buy a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was a joke, it was a pretty non-funny one, in bad taste, and with no indication whatsoever (e.g. a smiley) that it was intended as a joke.

You can't just say anything and then afterwards claim it was "just a joke".

Animal abuse is not funny.

If that was a joke, it was a pretty non-funny one, in bad taste, and with no indication whatsoever (e.g. a smiley) that it was intended as a joke.

You can't just say anything and then afterwards claim it was "just a joke".

Animal abuse is not funny.
No, but remember, dogs are edible, you can always eat them if they destroy your stuff. Which is perfectly legal around here, just as long as you don't abuse the animal when you're putting it down.

I must say, that I am not too happy about the overall work of the new Mods.

At least Kumaki seems to get too emotional to be objective, but as i cannot see exactly what is going on, I cannot say more

about it than that I am not at all a fan of overmoderation and therefore the deletion of many posts,

just because the opinions are not the nicest or are not the same as the ones of the mods.

Some of these posts did  not even have this but were simply connected to the deleted ones and (oh surprise)

had to be deleted as well, hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:

At least Kumaki seems to get too emotional to be objective, but as i cannot see exactly what is going on, I cannot say more

about it than that I am not at all a fan of overmoderation and therefore the deletion of many posts,

just because the opinions are not the nicest or are not the same as the ones of the mods.

Some of these posts did  not even have this but were simply connected to the deleted ones and (oh surprise)

It's best not to criticize mods in an open forum on any forum. If you don't like the way it's done, it's generally best to talk with the people that own the board.

I'll take my own advice and not give an opinion on the recent choices.

All posts edited to be politically correct and to add smiley faces where i felt they might be helpful.   Have a fun day everyone.  And remember to SMILE and relax a bit.  Take a walk, take your pet for a walk, and think kind thoughts about everything around you. :wub:

Animal abuse...even the suggestion of it...is not fit for this Board. Please don't even bring it up again.
WHAT? Sometimes I kick small animals and then giggle.
I'm not some animal rights activist, but I'll ask you what for? Their nervous system parts responsible for handling things like pain are not that different from ours, so it's reasonable to state you are generating the same kind of suffering that you would do if you kicked a human person. The only difference is that it's helpless and nobody will complain or go after you because of this. I can only assume you have some sort of weird sadistic tendencies.

Adding to this, i'm always shocked when people believe in the superiority of humans over animals.

If you really want to express racist, sexist or sadistical "opinions" or "jokes", you're free to make your own website and put them there. This forum however is not the place for that. You can call that "overmoderation" or even "censorship" if you want to, I don't care. I see no reason at all why we should allow such idiotic nonsense and waste any of ED's disk space and bandwidth on hosting it.

I see, the variety of what can be seen as racist, sexist or sadistical may be quite extreme in some minds.

Well, but that is the upside of all this deleting: Nobody can check if these accusations are really correct. ;)

Adding to this, i'm always shocked when people believe in the superiority of humans over animals.
That's because humans are superior to animals. Doesn't mean that it's OK to abuse them though, but it always shocks me when I read opinions that animals are as good as humans.

Puuuuh.... This thread really needs a break ...

As it was said before : " It really stirred up some dark sh** "

Can somebody close this ? And best thing is to move it into the trash-folder or something ...

Exactly mrbazil2k.   Break time.  Smoke em if you got em.  Poor jokes are withdrawn, correction is received by this guy, smiles all around.  Have a tall cold one and let's all get back to our regularly scheduled fun and frolicking about.

Shall I close (lock) this thread so we can move on? I don't think there's much to add, really, so it's probably best to lock this so it can slowly sink away... or should I just move it to the off-topic board so you can keep discussing animals vs people, women vs men, moderation vs free speech, and all that?

That's because humans are superior to animals. Doesn't mean that it's OK to abuse them though, but it always shocks me when I read opinions that animals are as good as humans.
If you're put into the same element than the goldfish (water) you die, then the goldfish is superior than you.

It's relativity, not a fact made by human for humans.

Of course, you will say that you can use oxygen bottle, etc.

Sorry but since this topic has gotten so off-topic there really is no point in it.

If the OP wants to start another just about his Pandora needing repair, then feel free to do so.

Also in response to the mod thing. This is not a democracy it's a forum. There are rules and following those rules are MANDATORY! And it is the mods job to enforce those rules. If you are not happy with that then feel free to send a PM to Ed and voice your complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back