My Pandora Wishlist

[<confused look>

I agree with your second quote, and I still maintain that taking a few inches off the pandoras current size would give it negative thickness.
Really? I don't see how 20mm is a negative size? The Sharp netwalker is 19.7mm thick.

edit: 19.7 mm not inches

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that an inch is 25.4mm, if you take one off the pandora it will be almost flat, and if you took more than one it would definitely have negative thickness :)

Edit: and without looking it up I suspect that the 19.7" measurement for the netwalker to be the screen diagonal not the thickness.

Edit2: Having looked it up, it is a thickness measurement but it's 19.7mm not 19.7"

Edit3: If I'm understanding this correctly its 19.7 mm at the front edge, but its actually 24.8mm at the back edge, so its actually not as thin as it sounds if only the 19.7mm measurement is quoted.

Given that an inch is 25.4mm, if you take one off the pandora it will be almost flat, and if you took more than one it would definitely have negative thickness :)
ok, I see. I wasn't thinking that technically. So let me say then, " it should be a few mms less".

I wasn't thinking particularly technically either, its just that the the concept of taking a few inches off something that is only slightly more than an inch to begin with is somewhat mind boggling ;)

- Neelix

I wasn't thinking particularly technically either, its just that the the concept of taking a few inches off something that is only slightly more than an inch to begin with is somewhat mind boggling ;)

- Neelix
gotcha. The OP2 definitely got be slimmer, in the 20mm ranges so that it either fits more confortable in my pocket or in a holder on my waist. I wouldn't want anyone to ask am I really happy to see them or is that an Openpandora in my pocket. I don't carry mine around much for those reasons and I'm forced to use my phone for a lot of stuff I would rather do on my Pandora. and I hate using my phone with its touch screen only keyboard and android.

I wouldn't mind a few millimeters here and there being shaved off, but not at cost of functionality or battery life. Or durability for that matter.

I wouldn't mind a few millimeters here and there being shaved off, but not at cost of functionality or battery life. Or durability for that matter.
I dont thing that would be the case. Think of what Nintendo made the DS fat into the DSlite. Nothing was changed except for the case.

I also like the current size of the Pandora - don't make the next one too thin! I'd rather keep the current thickness, but perhaps have some more rounded edges so it looks thinner and optimize its shape to fit in your hands ergonomically - too thin is not ergonomical!

Rather than slimming it down, I would try to squeeze in more stuff (e.g. 5" screen) and reduce its weight if possible. Weight is more important than volume in my opinion.

Back