Pandora My Platformer Game For Pandora

GuchaRU

I'm currently working on new platformer game for the pandora (finally!)

here's the screenshoot:
30d8a6de7ae7.jpg

ps - for now graphic here is from another game which was made by my friend.

Well, is is kinda like quake2d or doom2d with rpg elements. Single player + arena (PvM), no PvP or multiplayer.

The game now is at VERY early step, so far actually done only movements, physics of the character and drawing of objects on map (also main menu of cource).

By posting information here i hope that someone might be interested to help me with this game.

Game works using java so it could run under any platform including pandora.

how big are your character sprites going to be?
I have a completly animated character left, but i am not sure if he fits into your game (size 60x80 (rough estimate) & carries a gun (sorry there isnt a screenshot... The unfinished game the sprite is used in is still on the Gp32 file archive if you want to take a look, it was called shoot32 ).
I would also make some fresh sprites for you, but i am into 2 projects now and have to study & work at the moment.
Also your project idea is something I wanted to pull of a long time ago and never finished, so I wish you great success in making this game.

Bampt said:
how big are your character sprites going to be?
I have a completly animated character left, but i am not sure if he fits into your game (size 60x80 (rough estimate) & carries a gun (sorry there isnt a screenshot... The unfinished game the sprite is used in is still on the Gp32 file archive if you want to take a look, it was called shoot32 ).
I would also make some fresh sprites for you, but i am into 2 projects now and have to study & work at the moment.
Also your project idea is something I wanted to pull of a long time ago and never finished, so I wish you great success in making this game.
It can be any size, game automatically process player size. But player have to be made as 2 parts: legs (with animation) and the rest of the body with no animation but with different frames (facing left and right).

but it not the problem actully :) the main probles is level editor...

Last edited by a moderator:
GuchaRU said:
Well, is is kinda like quake2d or doom2d with rpg elements. Single player + arena (PvM), no PvP or multiplayer.
To me it looks similar to Soldat and these type of games scream for a multiplayer mode.
But with the few details there are about the gameplay I guess one has to see how it turns out in the end.

iprice said:
Why is the level editor a problem? Usually these are the quickest and easiest part of creating any game.
I would not say it's the quickest part of creating a game, when you want to make it right, easy to work with, intuitive, etc.
But it's definitely not the hardest, too.

Great to see another game being developed, keep it up :)

foxblock out

Well Leveleditors become a problem if you plan to implement many elements in a Level
and to make it user friendly.
Are there problems with the code, or are you in need of some tile graphics?
PS: The caracter I offered you, was made with the concept you use, except that I made animations for the top body part too,
so if you are in need of some legs, I got plenty of them :D.

Bampt said:
Well Leveleditors become a problem if you plan to implement many elements in a Level
and to make it user friendly.

That's not strictly true. If you have a good idea of what you need to implement before starting an editor AND design it from the get go to be user friendly, then it's still a piece of piss to do. I've coded enough of them.

Yeah you are absolutely right, it is a lot harder
to code a good scarce loading mechanism for complex level files with a lot of data.
Even more complex can your "physics engine" become... It all depends on the type of game you are creating.

Back