Mythtv?

TrevorBradley

With new wireless support for Pandora, I'd love to see MythTV ported to Pandora. There are a number of libraries requred to get it working, but the setup and application would work wonderfully as a pair of applications, and it should be possible to package MythTV 20.2 for Pandora.

I have 3 mythfrontends in my house and it's incredible.

Any thoughts on getting this running? I'd get Pandora in a heartbeat if it were ported.

EDIT: D'Oh! looks like this is already being discussed. Here's for a full MythTV install, rather than just a video viewer...

donny662 said:
Blah said:
IIRC, MythTV is X86 only. Also, how would you get TV reception?
USB tuner, maybe.

I'm thinking mythtvfrontend only. My mythtvbackend is a Athlon 3600+ with a 900GB RAID5 array on the other end of a wireless connection :)

The real question is will it play MPEG2 streams on the order of 5000kbits/s?

Is it x86 only for the backend? I thought the frontend basically needs Qt and mplayer...

MythTV frontend would put Pandora over the top instead of the EEE for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres an alternative solution called mythtv player. It was only a windows based frontend player, but someone was able to put it to linux. It requires a number of libs, but if the debian arm plan works out as expected it may be wasily ported.
I think it would be easier to get working than the frontend.

http://sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/

Pickle said:
Theres an alternative solution called mythtv player. It was only a windows based frontend player, but someone was able to put it to linux. It requires a number of libs, but if the debian arm plan works out as expected it may be wasily ported.
I think it would be easier to get working than the frontend.

http://sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/

I *really* like mythfrontend's interface though. It works really well on my HDTV when I use my logitech wireless gamepad to select the menus.. I can't see why it can't be ported. It would go nicely with the other 4 mythfrontends I have in my house right now. :)

Consider that MythTV's MythVideo module plays videos off a central server nicely. It could be a killer app for the console.

Hmm.. Perhaps I'll have to give that port a go myself if no-one else is interested... :)

Blah said:
IIRC, MythTV is X86 only. Also, how would you get TV reception?

At first it was, however it runs on PowerPC and now, ARM!

Back