Need Help With Japanese!

Yrx

the Happy Conqueror
Website
Visit site
I figured I might as well ask here, since I have no clue what I'm doing and I don't trust online translators very much. :p

So basically, I want to translate "Happy Conqueror" into Japanese. There are a few words for "happy," as I can tell, and I want it to mean literally, "the conqueror who is happy," as opposed to "Have a happy conqueror/Christmas!" :lol:

Using a few different online translations, I get "幸せな征服者" or "Shiawasena Seifukusha". Is this right? It seems right as far as I can tell, but I don't want to get it wrong and look like an idiot.

Oh, and if context helps, Claire needs a name for the Christmas katana, and I was going to suggest this. :)

Konnichiwa,

Why don't you tell her anata ga ai suru ? ;)

Sorry for using rômaji, but I don't know yet how to type in hiragana/katakana/kanji under Linux...

Bye, Magic Sam

@Yrx: What is "Conqueror"? A Japanese holiday? English holiday? Or as in one who Conquers? What?
By Happy do you mean happy as in "happiness" or happy as in "Happy Birthday?"
The translation changes depending.

Edit: *Smacks forhead* you did elaborate on Happy. Slash that.
Edit2: Doesn't look like a holiday either, lol.

You may want to consider "Happy Conquest", as Seifukusha does imply a human being.

Magic Sam said:
Sorry for using rômaji, but I don't know yet how to type in hiragana/katakana/kanji under Linux...
SCIM.
http://www.scim-im.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
AireTamStorm said:
@Yrx: What is "Conqueror"? A Japanese holiday? English holiday? What?
By Happy do you mean happy as in "happiness" or happy as in "Happy Birthday?"
The translation changes depending.

Edit: *Smacks forhead* you did elaborate on Happy.

Magic Sam said:
SCIM.
http://www.scim-im.org/

Definitions of conqueror on the Web:

[*]Someone who is victorious by force of arms

[*]Someone who conquers; a vanquisher

Definitions of conquer on the Web:

[*]suppress: to put down by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
[*]appropriate: take possession of by force, as after an invasion; "the invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants"; "The army seized the town"; "The militia captured the castle"
[*]overcome by conquest; "conquer your fears"; "conquer a country"

[*]to defeat in combat; to subjugate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back