Release Neverwinter Nights

phrosty

Still Fresh
Clearly NWN can't be ported, but does anyone know of something like it that is Open Source?

Its a shame. NWN is a classic.

One of the closest things would be nethack. There is a nice linux graphical frontend called Falcons Eye, theres a newer fork called Vultures eye. Source code is availible, but sadly my 'skills' with computers don't extend to coding/porting.

Another option would be Castle of the winds, a classic windows game, but I am unsure about whether source code is availible, I have a feeling it isn't so probably a non-starter. Though the guy who wrote it has been giving it away for free for the last 5 years so may be willing to let people see. I sent an email asking if he would be willng.

EDIT - corrected fork name

Kamui85 said:
Its a shame. NWN is a classic.

One of the closest things would be nethack. There is a nice linux graphical frontend called Falcons Eye, theres a newer fork called Vultures eye. Source code is availible, but sadly my 'skills' with computers don't extend to coding/porting.

Another option would be Castle of the winds, a classic windows game, but I am unsure about whether source code is availible, I have a feeling it isn't so probably a non-starter. Though the guy who wrote it has been giving it away for free for the last 5 years so may be willing to let people see. I sent an email asking if he would be willng.

EDIT - corrected fork name
NetHack is doable. I'm pretty sure the Castle of the Winds source code was never released, though.

phrosty said:
Clearly NWN can't be ported, but does anyone know of something like it that is Open Source?
You need When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be all "NWN has a linux version so it must be able to be ported to the pandora." VERY relieved to see otherwise. :p

@fischju

Yeah that looks pretty nice. graphics look shiney.

@Kisama

I believe you are right about castle of the winds, and it doesn't mention source code on site, but I contacted the writer to check.

NETHACK CLOSE TO NWN? AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
CRPG's and roguelikes are entirely and incredibly distinct.
please never call them similar again

Dunno about anything for NWN. but if anyone's interested in Rougelikes, POWDER has already been ported over to the GPX. Check that out.

lobski said:
I don't see how rougelike can be compared to D&D.

Roguelikes are based on D&D. Also, there's a module for NWN called Infinite Dungeons that creates random levels like roguelikes.

fischju said:
I've asked the daftcode guy if he wants to port his engine to the Pandora
Pandora and the Wiz look like very cool hardware to work with, but I haven't even scratched the surface of the DS yet. Maybe in the future if time allows it.

Nevertheless, I'll be saving my pennies to get a Pandora in '09!

Hmm; what about Egoboo? Supposed to be a 3D roguelike (and closer to it than NWN, from what I've heard about NWN).

Back