New Blog On Open Pandora

squeakypants said:
Squidge said:
God Ginrai said:
Uploading to zacaj's site should take just as much bandwidth as uploading to youtube. I don't see how that would waste more.
The person complaining was asking for the high resolution versions. Ie, they wanted a higher resolution than youtube, which would mean a higher file size. Not everyone would want to download the several hundred meg files, so I'd have to upload each video twice, once to youtube and once to someones web/ftp space.

Actually, youtube supports high quality video sometimes. I'm not sure how it works (it might just be random), but if you notice some videos now have a "high quality" link below them.

But yeah, you don't need to post anything that isn't a "development." If you get a PSX emulator running on it or something, I'd love to see that, but you shouldn't bother posting anything else that could be done on the GP2X. I'm sure we'll all be doing that once the Pandora comes out ;)

I'd rather you spend your time in the code than on YouTube :p

I'm sure people would appreciate videos of other stuff that Squidge already has, like SNES emulation running incredibly fast on the Dev Board (like he's been saying in previous posts, except now with videos). It'd be most ideal if the video were of a game that wasn't full speed on the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry has a good point.

Post a video of something that clearly outclasses the GP2X. That would raise a few eyebrows and open more wallets for sure. ;)

I don't really need to see a game, I would prefer a demonstration of the 3D possibilities, like a demo running OpenGL|ES and showing what it can do, doesn't have to be that advanced or interactive just show what Pandora can do graphicwise, sure an emulator running is cool but with that much power and 3d capabilities it would be almost blasphemy not to work more towards native games/apps IMO since they can do so much more.

A simple 3D demo showing shaders etc. with a FPS counter just to see what is possible and what isn't, that would really shine, IMGTEC has OpenGL|ES 2.0 demos that could be used for showing also this wouldn't need to take it to account that emulators always preform lower than their hardware and need much more tweaking etc before they run good.

Don't be afraid to post text-only technical updates to the blog!
Pictures and videos are nice, but it should be much less hassle for the developers to just post a quick line or two what has been done during the day (or week). The important thing is that the blog is alive with frequent updates!

Back