New Cell Phone


Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
31
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
sukhigp said:
I wouldn't say n95 is better watching videos the gp2x suppose to better for watching videos end of the day phones are for only voice calls, i know they have features in them not many people use them it's really silly have advance features in them but i still think they are way behind the gp2x consoles here are the differences:

* gp2x has better screen 3.5 screen size in land scape style looks alot cooler than n95.
* gp2x has tv out, n95 can't connect to tv.
* gp2x is open source, n95 isn't.
* using gp2x cradle connect hard drives,pendrives,control pads,mouse keyboard, n95 can never do this.

I don't really think any phone or handheld system will ever come close to gp2x f-200, i'm sorry about this if i written to much it's just the facts i hate when people compare phone to a gp2x they aren't even compareable.

If you were looking for better phone you should bought iphone.
Please either learn English or stop posting.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

lubidog

Very Active Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,765
Age
35
Nova said:
sukhigp said:
I wouldn't say n95 is better watching videos the gp2x suppose to better for watching videos end of the day phones are for only voice calls, i know they have features in them not many people use them it's really silly have advance features in them but i still think they are way behind the gp2x consoles here are the differences:

* gp2x has better screen 3.5 screen size in land scape style looks alot cooler than n95.
* gp2x has tv out, n95 can't connect to tv.
* gp2x is open source, n95 isn't.
* using gp2x cradle connect hard drives,pendrives,control pads,mouse keyboard, n95 can never do this.

I don't really think any phone or handheld system will ever come close to gp2x f-200, i'm sorry about this if i written to much it's just the facts i hate when people compare phone to a gp2x they aren't even compareable.

If you were looking for better phone you should bought iphone.
Please either learn English or stop posting.


Actually, just stop posting. You have no clue. The n95 has a wonderful tv out. Comes with leads that just work. I use all the features of my n95 daily, and almost all the apps i have on there were written by home coders. Not open source? Tell that to Sambir... And watching films on the n95 is a joy with coreplayer, there isn't a media player on the gp2x to touch it.

Why come here and post such rubbish?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kanzlr

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
226
Age
40
Location
Vienna, Austria
Website
kanzlr.zenfolio.com
the N81 will most likely be my next phone.

it has a good, rather big 320x240 screen, fast ARM CPU, hardware 3d acceleration, wifi, bluetooth, dedicated gaming keys above the screen for landscape gaming, there will be nice new commercial ngage games for it (fifa, maybe they bring pathway to glory back?), a superb browser, nice applications like the slick and agile messengers, PDF+, quickoffice, etc. There are fine emulators (PicoDrive, vBag for GBA) and games like ovalracer, kralley, superminers.

all in all a very nice platform, both hardware and OS wise.
 

satanic virus

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
453
Age
54
Website
Visit site
woogal said:
sukhigp said:
phones are for only voice calls
I use my TyTNII for email, sms, music (with last.fm scrobbling), browsing, server maintenance, gps navigation, wardriving/walking, calendar, tasks, notes, reading office documents, taking photos, gaming, ebooks, wireless hsdpa router, and if there's any battery life left I might make a phone call if I can be bothered talking to anyone.


Woogal have you tried any emulators on your TYTNII? I have one but have not got around to trying much out yet (mainly use it for GPS, movies and the odd book using microsoft reader). I have ScummVM on it which works well. If any SNES or Mega Drive emulators used the keyboard that would be great !
 
Last edited by a moderator:

woogal

Certified Guru
Joined
May 15, 2003
Messages
1,823
Age
44
Location
Newark, UK
Website
gp32.sector808.org
sataniC Virus said:
Woogal have you tried any emulators on your TYTNII? I have one but have not got around to trying much out yet (mainly use it for GPS, movies and the odd book using microsoft reader). I have ScummVM on it which works well. If any SNES or Mega Drive emulators used the keyboard that would be great !
Nope. Very rarely use emulators. In fact I don't think I've even tried a gp2x emulator.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
Expensive phones are just novelties that can never take good pictures compared to an actual digital camera and can't call anyone better than a cheapo phone.

Personally, I recently got a Sony Ericsson w200i. it cost me £30 new, and it allows me to take photos, play games, play videos, play mp3s, and text and ring people.
 

kanzlr

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
226
Age
40
Location
Vienna, Austria
Website
kanzlr.zenfolio.com
well I saw photos from the new nokia n82 and i have to say while there are still iso noise and processing artefacts, its MUCH better than any camera phone i've seen yet.
It is better than many digital cameras a few years back and if not blown up to 100% per pixel view can rival modern digi cams (it even has a proper flash).
of course its no match for my D200, but its nice to have and you can easily produce nice looking 10x15 prints
 

lubidog

Very Active Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,765
Age
35
Goity said:
Expensive phones are just novelties that can never take good pictures compared to an actual digital camera and can't call anyone better than a cheapo phone.

Personally, I recently got a Sony Ericsson w200i. it cost me £30 new, and it allows me to take photos, play games, play videos, play mp3s, and text and ring people.

Just not true. The picture quality of the best camera phones can be amazing...it's just they aren't as easy to use as decent digital cameras! When you take a picture with the n95, even with the new firmware, it just takes to long to process it. But the end result can be great! And the videos are really good. I have a great camera, but don't always have it with me. My N95 is always there, and so I use it more to take pictures of my daughter than the canon. And people find it hard to tell the difference between the pictures. So it's so much more than a novelty for me.

I love convergence!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
31
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
Hey, I just got my new N95!

However, I'm concerned about the battery. I remember from an old Nokia phone that one was supposed to charge overnight for approx 12 hours. However, it's just sitting here, plugged in now looking pretty, and I wanna use it!

Is this still an issue, or do the batteries no longer need to be conditioned?
 

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
according to my phone anyways, this is no longer an issue. It said on mine just to leave it until it was fully charged.
 

CABBAGES

Very Active Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,151
Location
SCOTLAND
Website
Visit site
N95 is great ! i have the N95 8gb and its liek haveing a pc in your phone with a great camera ! ALso the emulators are amazing for a phone. Today i put quake on it too and it runs very fast and smooth.

I have shown the n95 8gb to people who say "oh those expensiove phones are just full of crap you dont need or use" and they where very impressed and a few of them have actually went and got one :p
 

A_SN

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
899
CABBAGES said:
I have shown the n95 8gb to people who say "oh those expensiove phones are just full of crap you dont need or use" and they where very impressed and a few of them have actually went and got one :p
hehe, true, my sister was like "I can't believe you spent like 300 euros on this. Plus it's kind of ugly" but when I demonstrated all the features she wanted one haha.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
4,234
Age
28
Location
Essex, UK
Website
Visit site
Nova said:
lubidog said:
Stlll loving mine!!!
2nded!

The N95 is far too expensive for me, but I'll join in the cheers for Symbian S60 3rd Edition phones in general - the E65 is the best phone I've ever owned. WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, IR, loads of Symbian apps, VoIP, fantastic phone OS - I love it. I even love the sliding mechanism, and I usually hate slide-phones. Even the message reader voice has a certain charm about it, though it can't pronounce 'hyenas'. And it has a pretty good battery life for an S60 phone too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

J201605

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
782
Website
google.com
I wouldn't pay $600 for an n95 because it lacks a qwerty keyboard, im fine with my samsung blackjack-qwerty keyboard, PDA functionality, decent (for America) camera, 3g and only cost $120 used in perfect condition with no contract renewal... too bad windows mobile is so awful.
 

finty

what is this
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
4,985
Age
31
Location
Ireland
Website
Visit site
Do Symbian phones still slow down into unusable bricks after a while?

I have owned a 6600 and a 3250 in the past. Both worked brilliantly for a while but eventually they started to slow down to the point where it took about 2 - 3 minutes for the thing to send a text message. You could solve this by reformating but then it would just happen again, usually in ever decreasing time spans.

Eventually I gave up on the whole "smart phone" thing and got a W880i, been loving it ever since.
 

lubidog

Very Active Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,765
Age
35
finty said:
Do Symbian phones still slow down into unusable bricks after a while?

I have owned a 6600 and a 3250 in the past. Both worked brilliantly for a while but eventually they started to slow down to the point where it took about 2 - 3 minutes for the thing to send a text message. You could solve this by reformating but then it would just happen again, usually in ever decreasing time spans.

Eventually I gave up on the whole "smart phone" thing and got a W880i, been loving it ever since.

Have had symbian phones for years. That hasn't happened ever to me....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top