New Cell Phone

A_SN

Recently my Nokia 3200 died so I need a new phone. What I liked the most about this phone was its powerful flashlight, and well also it had a good battery life and I liked having a camera, although its camera was ultra crappy.

So basically what I'm looking for in a new phone would be a *good* 2.0 MP camera (since I'm trying to replace my low-end Nikon camera at the same time), if possible WiFi cause I'm a skinflint and I want to surf the tubes for free, also if possible a flashlight. And my price range is pretty much 200-300 € (£140-220 or even $300-440).

I tried to look up at some phones on the web and found the Nokia 5500 and I was glad cause it had a flashlight and a camera, but the camera sounds ultra crappy, it said the battery would barely hold an entire day and that the keypad would "peel off", so that one's a no no. By the way I don't really mind the brand, I just want some cool phone.

I'm listening to your suggestions :)

I'm going to be buying a Nokia E65:
compo_nokia_e65_1.jpg

It has WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, etc. Also, it has an option to scan for wireless networks periodically and show them and their encryption on the main screen.

I also considered the Nokia E70, which has a full QWERTY keyboard:
nokia_e70_silber.jpg

Again with WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G. Both use Symbian OS.

i have got a sony erricson k800i with a 3.2 mega pixel camera and has a flash. The mp3 player built in is good too the battery lasts a good while and it has bluetooth and a m2 port (up to 2gb)

Sony%20Ericsson%20K800i.jpg

and i paid £100 quid for it but shops like argos and currys are now selling them for £80

go for the HTC Touch phone ..
windows mobile 6 and wi-fi + other specs i can't remember now
or wait for the OpenMoko-Loko-Boko :) delayed like an unwanted child

I think your best bet would be to go with an N-series phone from Nokia. If you had more money to spend, I'd suggest getting the LG Viewty. Gonna upgrade to that eventually when I've had enough of the LG Chocolate.

I'm getting the Nokia 6500 Slide. It looks great, has a good camera, 3G, No nonsense interface, Double LED camera flash, can be used as a flashlight. And best of all, It's only £17 a month on the 3 Network.

nickspoon said:
Sphinxter said:
I'm waiting for the Neo 1973

I was going to get one but the likelihood of it being out by Christmas is becoming ever slimmer.

Aren´t they already selling it? It sure looks that way, even if it´s called a "Developer´s Preview". Whatever that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
I'm getting the Nokia 6500 Slide. It looks great, has a good camera, 3G, No nonsense interface, Double LED camera flash, can be used as a flashlight. And best of all, It's only £17 a month on the 3 Network.

Oh wow, and it goes on eBay for 200 €! Wow, you've got me sold on that one, thanks! (I can still take some more suggestions if anyone has any)

EDIT : Upon looking up reviews it seems that it doesn't actually have a flashlight mode and that it keeps freezing.

N95.

Apart from the battery it is like a piece of art. Has everything you want!

That neo1973 looks nice. OpenMoko is interesting anyway and the hardware specs of that phone look promising. If I had 400$ loose and I'd care about cellphones I would get one of those. But then again, I really want to get an n-gage qd right now ^^. Just for gaming. Gaming on other cellphones normally is crap.

lubidog said:
N95.

Apart from the battery it is like a piece of art. Has everything you want!
I didn't know what that was till I saw your post and now I want one very very badly. If only it wasn't so expensive. :(

Oooh, the N95 looks nice. However, I read the battery is uber shit, and that it's huge. Any comments?

Nova said:
Oooh, the N95 looks nice. However, I read the battery is uber shit, and that it's huge. Any comments?

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

lubidog said:
Nova said:

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

Will it not get me through a day of just texting and the odd call?

Nova said:
lubidog said:
Nova said:

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

Easily. Just charge it at night and it lasts a good day no problems! I just have a spare in case I don't get home....

lubidog said:
Nova said:
lubidog said:
Nova said:

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

Easily. Just charge it at night and it lasts a good day no problems! I just have a spare in case I don't get home....

:) Awesome, Think I've found my new phone. Excellent. Also, I noticed on ebay some after-market 1800mAh batteries, so that might be a good investment.

Back