New Convertable Netbook Based On Omap3

isn't it nice?

"This system is very unique. its powered by an ARM processor". that is what i was talking about month ago.
The pandora COULD have used this "phrase". But now... its just one of many ARM powered open systems :(

I am not angry or antyhing. Its just that it would have been cool to own a device which is the FIRST Omap3 linux-system :(

But well, we have to see when this Touch-ARM will be released :)

EDIT: YES I know its not compareable to teh Pandora :)
EDIT2: But the way teh screen is removed or turned around is really nice. Maybe that COULD be done with the next Pandora? No patented hinge :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pandora has a decent chance of coming out first. this netbook is still a prototype too. baring no delays they say it will come out in may or june. pandora has a good chance of being out by late april or may. pandora fits in my pocket and that to me makes it a better design. i dont find netbooks that interesting because i already have a lightweight, small, and cheap 14.1in fully functioning laptop. its plenty portable. the only way they could be more portable is if they fit in my pocket, which netbooks don't.

I really, really like the design of this. If it were a bit smaller so I could fit it in my pocket or bigger so I could feel safer shoving it into my backpack I would cancel my preorder for the Pandora and put down for this. It's so much closer to what I want out of my Pandora, and unfortunately it's size takes it away from that.

How is the size not right for putting in a backpack? I put my EEE in my backpack all the time, that is what I bought it for. This thing should not be significantly smaller, it has an 8.9" screen.

8.9" screen is perfect for reading. This looks like the best bet for a free software tablet and it's ARM too. I'm definitely thinking about getting one and it's coming out around the time I'll have disposable income. 300$ isn't that bad for a tablet pc IMO, definitely worth it, even if the keyboard price is quite high.

I'll get one of these as soon as they're available. Exactly what I want ..

As for now I'm pre-ordering it, I think it would be a great toy. After I get my Pandora if decide I don't want it I'll cancel my preorder. I just want it to watch video on airplane. I go back and fourth to Brazil a few times a year and from Dallas to Sao Paulo it's a grueling 9 hours. With 10-15 hours I could watch movies, play games with a PSX to usb adapter, or whatever. Last time I flew there the little 5 inch screen in front of me was broke, nothing to do for 9 hours. This would eliminate that problem, and I wouldn't have to watch the 4 movies they have or play their NES graphic type games.

Back