New Pandora owner? Make this thread your first stop.

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
First, congrats on the arrival, and welcome to the community!
smile.gif

Don't worry, there's no mandatory million-word FAQ in this post. Just two links.

The unofficial User Manual
A community created user manual on the wiki. You don't have to click it right at this moment, but now you know where it is.

Asking questions
You're welcome to start a new thread, it's a support forum after all. But sometimes there are faster paths to answers:

• Search the wiki (just click the User Manual link above, and type straight into the search box).
  • Search the first page of Support forum threads by pressing Ctrl-F (assuming your browser supports it). A recent thread may address your question.
  • Use the forum search. The quick search box at top right is not fantastic, but clicking the cog next to it takes you to Advanced search. Enter your search terms, click 'Search titles only', then scroll down and click Search.
  • GP32X is also a great resource to search, although most of the recent support related discussion is here.
This post has been promoted to an article

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to Gruso's points, also remember to check the "Tips, tricks and tweaks" thread in this section - many common problems or annoyances (such as the Pandora-menu button in Xfce disappearing if too much memory is used up by RAM-intensive operations, for example) have solutions listed there.

The link to Running OS off SDcard (in the looking after nand article) should point at wiki description not EDs. Since seems to be a slight change in boot.txt with HF5.

Great so far! Perhaps you could mention any necessary BIOS files and use Mednafen instead of Hugo.

Guys, why don't you upload these things to the Pandorawiki? Much more stable, and no ads!

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot that PDFs are a prohibited file type. Hm. I really do think that should be changed. I'll ask EvilDragon.

But all this information should be added to the Pandorawiki anyway, not spread out among all these threads. I'm trying to keep up, but any help would be great. If somebody posts a great guide for something, please at least add a link to it on the wiki so it doesn't get lost!

---

Now, specifically concerning your PDF guide to emulators, it's just great! It's really useful even for me, because I also often forget what the keys are in some emulator...

By the way, if you'd like to add UAE4All, I could help with that. There's some info here, for starters (the control is a lot more complex than other emulators). I can also help with DOSBox! Well, actually I wrote a guide for it on the wiki:

http://pandorawiki.org/DOSBox

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot that PDFs are a prohibited file type. Hm. I really do think that should be changed. I'll ask EvilDragon.

Well Gimp can be used and convert PDFs to a PNG or Jpeg image..

The Repo only takes PNDs. You're more likely to find them on ED's File Archive.

Why?

I imagine a PDF file in a PND, where the 'execution script' opens up that PDF with the PDF viewer (evince, right?), toss the PND a fancy icon and now you have a 'Getting Started With Emulators' Application.

Great so far! Perhaps you could mention any necessary BIOS files and use Mednafen instead of Hugo.

Yes, Hugo instead of Mednafen-pce means no TurboDuo/PC Engine CD/Super CD games. That would mean no:

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood

Beyond Shadowgate

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure

Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes

Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest

Forgotten Worlds

Gate of Thunder

It Came from the Desert

Lords of Thunder

Popful Mail

R-Type Complete

Super Raiden

Vasteel

Ys Books I and II

Ys III

Ys IV

...and who knows what else that I missed or haven't played. You know, come to think of it, I have to rip a bunch more of my Turboduo/Super CD discs. :)

Back