New Pandora owner? Make this thread your first stop.

Just got my Pandora. 

I can't install or run any PNDs. When I go through the PNDStore on the unit, I can't install anything. The installer throws this error: "Failed to install application: IO Error(13, Permission Denied)". I tried downloading from the Repo on my laptop and putting the .PNDs directly on my SD card. I try to run them on the Pandora but nothing happens when they're executed. 

I've read several times that I'm supposed to install the applications to the SD card, but I can't select my SD card as my install directory from the PNDStore. All I can choose is 'usr/pandora/apps' or 'usr/pandora/mmenu'. 

My Pandora froze after the initial setup process, not sure if this has to do with the problem (last thing I did was enter my location, then the windows closed and nothing happened. I performed a battery pull to reset).

I am not familiar with Linux, but I do not appear to have root access. Trying to open a root terminal asks for the administrator password and my password does not work. There is only one user account, how can it not be the administrator account? Is there some default administrator password that I'm unaware of? ('password' does not work.)

My assumption is that I need root access to install .PNDs. I really wanna get this thing working. Any pointers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my Pandora. 

I can't install or run any PNDs. When I go through the PNDStore on the unit, I can't install anything. The installer throws this error: "Failed to install application: IO Error(13, Permission Denied)". I tried downloading from the Repo on my laptop and putting the .PNDs directly on my SD card. I try to run them on the Pandora but nothing happens when they're executed. 

I've read several times that I'm supposed to install the applications to the SD card, but I can't select my SD card as my install directory from the PNDStore. All I can choose is 'usr/pandora/apps' or 'usr/pandora/mmenu'. 

My Pandora froze after the initial setup process, not sure if this has to do with the problem (last thing I did was enter my location, then the windows closed and nothing happened. I performed a battery pull to reset).

I am not familiar with Linux, but I do not appear to have root access. Trying to open a root terminal asks for the administrator password and my password does not work. There is only one user account, how can it not be the administrator account? Is there some default administrator password that I'm unaware of? ('password' does not work.)

My assumption is that I need root access to install .PNDs. I really wanna get this thing working. Any pointers?
Your SD Card my have some corruption on the file system. Try fixing error (on a windows PC if FAT32, directly on the Pandora if Ext2).

http://pinopsida.com/misc/pandorapress/pandorapress.net/2010/09/28/the-care-and-feeding-of-your-nand/

I've repurposed my webserver to serve as a host for my photography portfolio. There was a mirror of pandorapress coming from pandorapress.net, but it seems to have broken.
That's understandable, but shouldn't the server throw a 404 error? It's a bit strange to have the correct URI, but something completely different on the page.

But, the mirror does seem to be working.

Wow,looks like a 50 do's and 500 dont's book is needed for pandora

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

^ why?

We have this forum instead :)
True

And it is absolutely nice.

But I found several important issues in different threads (some old, and some new). Information I think should be shipped with the pandora, because when do you receive it you are anxious, you want to use it, yo neeeed to do things with HER!!!

Nobody likes get SD corruption because android, or think the nub is not working, when there is a easy way to fix it with a "nub dance", for example.

Can a link to the Repo be added to the OP as links to the Repo appear to have been removed from the Forum Nav Bar / Website homepage?

Hey guys. I just bought a Pandora from someone on here, and I was wondering, how do I set it up for my username and password? Do I have to do a hard reset to factory settings? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you don't know the original user's username and password, the only way is to reflash the firmware. If you do know it, you can just add a user account in the settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I was able to reflash the firmware, and it was like I just got the Pandora brand new. Now, I know I come off like a jackass, lol, but I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I went to the Pandora Wiki and did the follow through to download some roms and where to put them. I created the various folder like it says to, and for the life of me, I cannot get any of the games to play, nor can I get Firefox to work. I also downloaded the NES emu from the repo page, and I still can't get anything to work. Any, and all help would be appreciated. I know I seem new to all this, but I have a dingoo and it literally is just drag and drop. I'm sure it is with this, but I cannot get anything to work. Thanks everyone in advance.

Its daunting at first but you'll figure stuff out, just be patient.

I even reformatted the sd card, put the necessary files back on there to try it again (considering the sd card that came w/ the unit was used as well). So, just incase there was a corrupt file on the card, I reformatted it. But still, nothing. I want to bash my face into the desk lol It's frustrating because I know it's something simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Back