New Vba-r Version

pcklee123 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:30 AM said:
Alvin posted on Oct 23 2006 at 03:37 PM said:
Menu: http://digital-haze.net/libmenuthing.php
It looks terrible, but works.
lmt.png
I am trying this out. So when I press start,L,R , I call menu()

which has has mt_add_items etc .. an ends with mt_start_menu(listthing ......); return 0;

I get the menu and can select the options etc but cant seem to quit out of this menu
Oops, didn't think of that.

http://digital-haze.net/files/libmenuthing...ng-0.0.2.tar.gz

Updated, removed a few bits of output that were left from debugging and made START make mt_start_menu() return. If you don't like start, give me a shout or recompile it yourself.

If you use this, I'll make it easier to use and have labels and such too.
It's not very good for ROM listing at the moment, everything else should be fine though. You could cheat with ROM listing anyway, but it doesn't scroll, it just goes off the surface (and does whatever SDL does when it draws out of a surface's boundaries).

Glad someone found use for this :)

Edit: Just remembered, it doesn't return when it selects, however it doesn't thread the function either, so it should be fine, unless that's what you meant.

Last edited by a moderator:
running great with GMenu2x , I had to remove the spaces from the ROM name, I should of read earlier posts. Oh well, it's working now :D

A quick question, does anyone know if this consumes more battery than the NES emulator?

When using SDL_gp2x_minidisplay(x,y) there is some corruption in the 1st line of display. Also the screen up to y becomes unusable when I try to go back to SDL_gp2x_display. Any suggestions?

Alvin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 09:10 PM said:
pcklee123 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:30 AM said:
Alvin posted on Oct 23 2006 at 03:37 PM said:
Menu: http://digital-haze.net/libmenuthing.php
It looks terrible, but works.
lmt.png
I am trying this out. So when I press start,L,R , I call menu()

which has has mt_add_items etc .. an ends with mt_start_menu(listthing ......); return 0;

I get the menu and can select the options etc but cant seem to quit out of this menu
Oops, didn't think of that.

http://digital-haze.net/files/libmenuthing...ng-0.0.2.tar.gz

Updated, removed a few bits of output that were left from debugging and made START make mt_start_menu() return. If you don't like start, give me a shout or recompile it yourself.

If you use this, I'll make it easier to use and have labels and such too.
It's not very good for ROM listing at the moment, everything else should be fine though. You could cheat with ROM listing anyway, but it doesn't scroll, it just goes off the surface (and does whatever SDL does when it draws out of a surface's boundaries).

Glad someone found use for this :)

Edit: Just remembered, it doesn't return when it selects, however it doesn't thread the function either, so it should be fine, unless that's what you meant.

Samba Pa Ti posted on Oct 26 2006 at 11:33 AM said:
what does this actually emulate ?

xbox 360...

Updated again
1) changed emuCount to 2500000 instead of 250000 (this may be a bit too much (its not as responsive to buttons as before))
2) changed sound to be in speedup mode all the time (sound is out of sync)
3) trying out Alvins libmenuthing but cant get it to work (even when you exit the menu it still responds to the keys)
added example source code from gpadvance and vba32 to vba2x-src.zip (but I really dont know enough to do anything about it)

pcklee123 posted on Oct 27 2006 at 03:25 PM said:
3) trying out Alvins libmenuthing but cant get it to work (even when you exit the menu it still responds to the keys)
This is strange, I'm trying it now, and it works fine. Are you sure you're not calling it again somehow? Maybe a stray loop? Have a look at the demo.

Alvin posted on Oct 27 2006 at 09:23 PM said:
This is strange, I'm trying it now, and it works fine. Are you sure you're not calling it again somehow? Maybe a stray loop? Have a look at the demo.
OK thanks for the suggestion. I think I am calling it again.
Confirmed I was calling it again. Cause I check that start L R are pressed then call the menu but they are unpressed in the menu subroutine and not in the main loop.

DTH posted on Oct 27 2006 at 01:39 PM said:

xbox 360...
well it doesnt say on the first post, or the download link and ive never heard of anything called vba-r so my question is still valid

Samba Pa Ti posted on Oct 28 2006 at 09:01 AM said:

xbox 360...
well it doesnt say on the first post, or the download link and ive never heard of anything called vba-r so my question is still valid
GameBoy Advance (GBA) ;)

pcklee123 posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:14 AM said:
Confirmed I was calling it again. Cause I check that start L R are pressed then call the menu but they are unpressed in the menu subroutine and not in the main loop.
Good to hear :lol:
Are there any improvments you'd like me to make?

Samba Pa Ti posted on Oct 28 2006 at 08:01 AM said:

xbox 360...
If you click the download link it clearly says Gameboy Advance on the archive page.

Alvin posted on Oct 28 2006 at 11:07 AM said:
pcklee123 posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:14 AM said:
Good to hear :lol:
Are there any improvments you'd like me to make?
Thanks. I was just wondering if its possible to choose some numbers for example
a menu item like Frameskip [0] where you can change the number by using the left/ right or L/R buttons(between min and max). The number could then be a global variable like systemFrameSkip
This would also be useful to change the save state number ....
I have not even thought about a file selector. That cant be easy to implement.

Back