Cps2emu Test Version 5

You have a magic GP2X. Progear still bombs on your compile, and 1944 no longer works.

I am on FW 2.0 if that makes a difference.

Very odd. But there must be an explanation.
I have FW2.11. Running @ 250Mhz. Running from the standard GP2x menu. No utilties are running, nor is samba, ftpd or telnetd.

I've successfully used both the following options when running games.

--sound --hw-rescale --samplerate= 11025, --68kclock=-20, --z80clock=-20

--sound --sw-rescale --samplerate= 11025, --68kclock=-20, --z80clock=-20 --showfps

So far all game's i've tested work: ddtod, ddsom, 1944, progear, xmcota, gigawing, mmatrix.

Maybe it has to do with the FW? Or maybe it is that you underclocked the CPUs? I run at 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, did you create a cache file? Is it the correct version? What version ROM are you using? It should be from the latest MAME ROM set. Also, you need to use the base ROM Progear (US 010117).
Yes last version of mameromset and i have tried with progear.zip & progearj.zip using the --sound --samplerate 11025 --no-rescale AT 250MHz and using the cach file crezated with the last exe that come with the test 5
I have tried this roms on, last mame version 111
I don't think the firmware will be the cause of the problem but i use the 2.1.1

Hi,
It's absolutly not finished, but you can play easily with all options.
http://jycet.perso.cegetel.net/programmes/capex_beta1.rar

capex_beta1.png

Quick help:
RED=no roms
GREEN= rom detected but no cache
BLUE= rom & cache detected

A = run
SELECT = options
START = quit

(No save ATM)

;)

This is brill

Thanks !

You have a magic GP2X. Progear still bombs on your compile, and 1944 no longer works.

I have FW2.11. Running @ 250Mhz. Running from the standard GP2x menu. No utilties are running, nor is samba, ftpd or telnetd.

--sound --sw-rescale --samplerate= 11025, --68kclock=-20, --z80clock=-20 --showfps

So far all game's i've tested work: ddtod, ddsom, 1944, progear, xmcota, gigawing, mmatrix.

You use this "68kclock" and "z80clock" Commands. I know these from GNGeo but I have no exactly clue what it is and what it do. This are the emulated cores or so, right? And what do the underclocking? Is this better for all CPS2 Games or not or is there no real performance plus?
So can I simply use this underclock options as standard without trouble?

You use this "68kclock" and "z80clock" Commands. I know these from GNGeo but I have no exactly clue what it is and what it do. This are the emulated cores or so, right? And what do the underclocking? Is this better for all CPS2 Games or not or is there no real performance plus?
So can I simply use this underclock options as standard without trouble?

When a program on your gp2x dont use 100% of the CPU you can decrease CPU speed without any impact for your pleasure, it's excatly the same for console or arcade board. You can decrease 68000 & Z80 speed if the game dont use 100% of their ressource. Each game are differents and one setting for one game can have a different impact for another game, you need to test ;)

N00b question: Are we supposed to edit cps2_config to get access to these advanced command lines or do we use gmenu2x?

It seemingly wont let me alter the config file. I get an error when emu tries to load, even if I just change cpu clock speed.

Thanks, Alex. I will try that.

edit: Worked a charm with command line section, except emu reports CPU speed unchanged (still 250 even though I selected 260). I have a feelng that it may have changed anyway though.

JyCet congrats for the frontend, very nice, it's perfect for me but add an option to hide the "red" games, if you have less of a dozen of games is boring to navigate the whole list to find the green ones!

that games runs also with the "official" test 5 release.. the only one i haven't tried is 1944.

mmatrix works greatly, it had a lot of problems in test 4, ddtod and ddsom works on all versions, progear too
(not the progear.zip version) xmcota too and also xmen vs street fighter.
Slanesh, are you thinking about a cps1 emulator? that will be great!

*for everyone that experienced loading problems and\or file not found errors*
to make cache files for gamenameu.zip (usa) gamenamea.zip (asia) or gamename1.zip versions you MUST have also the parent rom (gamename.zip) while creating the cache and you must also have it while playing.
eg. armwar.zip isn't working, so you need to make armwaru.zip or armawarr1.zip cache using also armwar.zip file and then playing using armwaru.cache, armwaru.zip and armwar.zip

^ Well well, if it isn't Eclipse, the Simon Cowell of the GP2X Archive.

- Alex

The filter to see only roms available is done, need to save all options now.

Check every parent for each roms avalaible is not planed ATM because I'm affraid by the size of rominfo.cps2, I think the boot time of CAPEX will increase a lot.

To be continued ...
:)

^ Well well, if it isn't Eclipse, the Simon Cowell of the GP2X Archive.

- Alex
Worst. Joke. Ever.
It's no joke, it's the truth :)

- Alex

No offence Alex, but his comments were genuinely trying to be helpful, and the attack on his character, in this instance, was unsolicited. Bad Form IMHO. Enough said, no need to hijack the thread with it. We have enough problems with monkeys slinging excrement at one another around here :rolleyes: . No need for whipping posthumous equines. ;)

@JyCet-great work! Many thanx to you for making a quite snazzy looking menu selector. And many thanx to ell for porting this fantastic emulator! :D

Just compiled a new version with RAM timings and Gamma set to 1.5... Much nicer viewing angle now with the gamma correction... and its very fast...
Don't know why some games aren't working for some people as everything I have tried works great.

Just compiled a new version with RAM timings and Gamma set to 1.5... Much nicer viewing angle now with the gamma correction... and its very fast...
Don't know why some games aren't working for some people as everything I have tried works great.

thank you slaanesh for sneding me your custom version !

humm, i'm still having trouble with these multi sets games :angry:

Back