New Version Of Mame (2.9)

sensible GP32

MAME GP2X 2.9

New MAME GP2X 2.9:

- No more sound glitches. Sound should be ok now for all games.
- Added FPS Counter (Show/Hide it with Y+L+R).
- More stability.
- VSync should work again and with correct timing.

Thank you so much for this release Franxis! After a day like today it's nice to see this and psx4gp2x get released. It's made my day. This is a very nice release. The sound definitly is a lot better. Thank you again!

The sound is broken on Battlezone.

Elevator Action does not recognize the coin entry or 1P start.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 4 2006 at 10:48 PM said:

Reset the GP2X and try again, there are some stability problems after playing some games...
I have just tested Battlezone and Elevator Action and there are both ok...

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 5 2006 at 08:48 AM said:

Battlezone sound is something to do with the "improvements" I implemented using a later version of driver so that samples are not required.

However, I was trying to tune it to the GP32 (8-bit signed), so if sound runs on 16-bit unsigned on the GP2X, then the driver will need to be slightly changed to take this into account.

I'll have a look at it and compare the sound the latest PC version.

Thanks for another great MAME release, Franxis! MAME is one of my absolute favorite emulators and your port works great. Thanks also to Slaanesh for his improvements that make it over to the GP2x.

My favorite game to play on it lately has been Megaman: Power Battles :)

Can you check out Tron? It worked fine in 2.8, but now mine gets stuck on the grid screen during the system test.

Another update - cool!
Only problems I've found... (you didn't give me time to spot sound glitches :D)
Q-Bert - joystick doesn't always repeat?
Invaders - sample play-speed
Moon Cresta - I'm still rubbish :)

Tron (set 1 & 2) runs fine for me - have to set to diff res and lose some lines in text though.

thanks for all the hard work you've done on this...

vast improvement over v2.8 with the sound :)

I noticed some new sound issues though:
I am getting dropped notes in the Mr. Do music, occassionally main game and high score music :(

mostly the sound is ok, but every so often entire notes are missed or skipped in the tune - just thought I'd let you know as its obviously something to do with this multi-threaded sound overhaul as it was fine in v2.6

Thanks for the great work Franxis, just gave you a donation ! Great stuff !

mame gp2x is cool, but there is one thing is still missing - ability to make ingame screenshot. Can Franxis add this? It would be very usefull for making internet hi-score table for gp2x mame. I've seen screenshot support in Stella so it shouldn't be big problem to implement, should be?

Eso Rimmer posted on Oct 5 2006 at 04:18 PM said:
mame gp2x is cool, but there is one thing is still missing - ability to make ingame screenshot. Can Franxis add this? It would be very usefull for making internet hi-score table for gp2x mame. I've seen screenshot support in Stella so it shouldn't be big problem to implement, should be?
That's a cool idea.

Hanz™ posted on Oct 5 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Eso Rimmer posted on Oct 5 2006 at 04:18 PM said:
That's a cool idea.

It is very easy... I will take it into account...

To Franxis:
Thanks! I didn't expect so quick response.
clapping.gif
yahoo.gif
drinks.gif

Just wondering, and don't get me wrong since it may sound like whining, but are you planning on increasing the amount of games playable? There have been no new romsets added for quite a few versions now (2.3 was the last time).

I asked this question in the MAME forum but never got a response, does anyone know if vs. Super Mario Bros and Final Star Force work on this? I have a complete GP2X set and I do not see them in there under the file names I know, but that doesn't mean it wasn't named something else in older ROM sets

Back