News from the meeting at GC

Just a friendly reminder to mention the Pyra to everyone (well all the computery folks) you know, on forums, in chatrooms etc.

Just a friendly reminder to mention the Pyra to everyone (well all the computery folks) you know, on forums, in chatrooms etc.

I mention it to all my linuxgeek friends. Just start the conversation by asking "What do you think of Debian as an OS?" and you'll get a why look back and hupsa interest has been generated. + it comes with analog sticks :)

oohhh Freunde, nicht diese Töne...

sondern laßt uns angenehmere anstimmen,
und freudenvollere.

Pyra, Pyra!

Pyra, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium,
wir betreten feuertrunken,
himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
deine Zauber binden wieder
was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
wo deine sanfte Knöpfe gedrückt wird

I know this is not perfect either, but i would prefer something like this in the last line:
"wo dein großes selbst gezeigt."

So the last two lines can be translated to:
All men become brothers,
where your great self is shown.

well, i figured it would be funnier to break the rhyme, and say something a little silly, to contrast with the heavy, joyful seriousness up to that point...

(also it's a check on whether people are paying attention...)

Check definitely worked.
Interesting Concept, of taking a well known rhyme and destroying it at the end to be funny.
Too drastically for my taste. I prefer perfect rhymes, it took me time to find a rhyme with 7 syllables, my original had 8, made me crazy.
But nevertheless i like the idea.

Of course it's short name for VanCleef the final boss of the Deadmines Instance in World of Warcraft, since DireMaul was using DM, VC became the name of the short name of the instance...

?

We've had two new news posts with information since this one. Maybe they're not enough to convince you that the Pyra deliver is assured, but if so posting in this thread seems off.

i think he means anxious as in antsy, like, i would like the Pyra now, rather than anxious as in terrified it might not happen. not 100% sure (vcoleiro1 would have to tell you)...

Back