We got a plan!

I may be mistaken, but I thought someone told me that serial numbers can't be relied upon to tell you what production number you have.  I think it may have been when I was concerned about a hardware problem.  Tracking problems on certain runs is another reason to have serial numbers that actually match production.

I don't care about a low number, just where it fits into the history of the product.

I may be mistaken, but I thought someone told me that serial numbers can't be relied upon to tell you what production number you have.  I think it may have been when I was concerned about a hardware problem.  Tracking problems on certain runs is another reason to have serial numbers that actually match production.

I don't care about a low number, just where it fits into the history of the product.
Well with the pandora it relatively transparant just look at the version number on the PCB :p  (I guess) 

Last edited by a moderator:

Well with the pandora it relatively transparant just look at the version number on the PCB :p  (I guess) 
That would not point to a specific run that had a bad batch of a particular component.  I will see if I can find the conversation.

Mi First Batch Pandora dosnt got a Sticker, but when i sendet it to evildragon, to swapp the Case to a Silver one, i got also a Sticker (and it says "First Batch")..

So yes, i also expekt the Pyra to have such a sticker,,.., as it should be everything better than on the Pandora..

Mi First Batch Pandora dosnt got a Sticker, but when i sendet it to evildragon, to swapp the Case to a Silver one, i got also a Sticker (and it says "First Batch")..

So yes, i also expekt the Pyra to have such a sticker,,.., as it should be everything better than on the Pandora..
All I would want is a different serial number per unit with the same sticker on all models.  Then you just need to know that all units after #1200 are a different revision without the motor, and after #1600 they have a place on the display board to add a camera, for example.  This does not prevent people from swapping parts, but that is always a possibility with anything.

^ only on a superficial level.

Don't make me recreate humanity
That could possibly be the worst choice ever in human history.
So annoying when my food complains.
You can try...

Yes, a tiny usb camera could work fine for the Pyra. But is their software available to utilise it?

I forget the details; are we using a debian os offshoot thingy for the Pyra?

As such will camera software/functionality be automatically present or will it have to be ported?

I'm now wondering how much of the hardware will be fully useable at launch. Bluetooth, bluetooth streaming, mic, motion sensor axis thingies, gyroscope etc.

I've tried 4 different USB webcams on my Pandora, including a cheap piece-o-garbage, and they have all worked exactly as intended out of the box. All you need is mplayer, although any software with v4l support should work.

Are you planning on making Pyra Models with no cellular radio?  I'd rather buy it at a cheaper price with no cellular radio and just tether via my smartphone.  Not many people here (NZ) have 2 mobile SIM's etc.. even if only for data.

Are you planning on making Pyra Models with no cellular radio?  I'd rather buy it at a cheaper price with no cellular radio and just tether via my smartphone.  Not many people here (NZ) have 2 mobile SIM's etc.. even if only for data.
I believe the pricing discussed so far is actually for the bare bones model, and the one with the added features will cost more, but I may be wrong, as I haven't followed the details of Pyra all that closely.

Chris

I believe the pricing discussed so far is actually for the bare bones model, and the one with the added features will cost more, but I may be wrong, as I haven't followed the details of Pyra all that closely.

Chris
I don't remember the details of the price breakdown.  I do know that ED has said there will be a wifi only version with no cell module.

Oh yes I thats right a wi-fi version and a cell version...hmm... I'm not sure which one to get. It might be nice to have the option of 4g if I decide to board that ship later.

Back