Nice Add Ons

droneb

Hello again
i would like to see what the comunity would hook up to their OP once they have em.
(it doesnt have to be supported right now anyway just want to see what other uses pp are going to give their OP's)

i would personally try this Badguy here
http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/cell-phone/9e31/
if possible i would hook it up to my Home data Streams and my Mailbox.

i believe a lot of pp are going to hook it up as a BOT (at least i will try)

and this guy would be a nice partner of the OP when trying to get a lil bit more of screen.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/bfa3/

yes i would go a perfect internet maniac if i get my cellphone work his 3GSM internet service (althrough the batt of the panda would last the double my cellphone does) gettin skype or any other VoIP would also be a awsome use.

the next thing i would like to hook up a web cam and do some live video streming

(OP Team better get it under my Xmas 3 or before, im going nuts thinking of the diferent uses).

DroneB Dev said:
and this guy would be a nice partner of the OP when trying to get a lil bit more of screen.
http://www.thinkgeek...b-gadgets/bfa3/

This might not work with Linux, and it's the same resolution as the Pandora's built-in screen. You'd have better luck attaching a big magnifier.

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
DroneB Dev said:
http://www.thinkgeek...b-gadgets/bfa3/

This might not work with Linux, and it's the same resolution as the Pandora's built-in screen. You'd have better luck attaching a big magnifier.

well as i said the idea was to think up some stuff to hook up i never said it works right now (and if it will ever be)

and that guy might be the same Res but is some lil inches larger to act as a xtra display that might be taken, not intended to be a replacement of the actual display.

I guess you were bored and idle so you checked out that store? Well, honestly I wouldn't add anything like that to my list of things, the screen would suck the power away quickly.

atomicthumbs said:
... You'd have better luck attaching a big magnifier.
Lol

wallemagnifyingglass.jpg

I'm just hoping I can pair it with my blackberry for internet... And i'll probably finally break down and buy a nice pair of bluetooth headphones to share between them. I'm curious if I'll be able to use my Pandora as a backup battery for my phone via USB too.

the best add-on i could think of would be a solar charger. I did the calculations, based on 4200 mah taking 10 hours to deplete, and that means the pandy runs on about 1.5 watts, which isn't out of the question for a solar panel of reasonable size (just look on amazon). With a smaller, like 1 watt panel, you could potentially power the pandy for almost 30 hours i believe...
possibly more practical, would be something like this which has a 1600 mah battery built in, so it could be used to boost the internal battery by like 40% or something+ solar chargin ability.

El Jefe said:
like 1 watt panel, you could potentially power the pandy for almost 30 hours i believe...
Wasn't there a thread where solar panels were found to be absolutely too low powered to be practical?

B-ZaR said:
El Jefe said:
like 1 watt panel, you could potentially power the pandy for almost 30 hours i believe...
Wasn't there a thread where solar panels were found to be absolutely too low powered to be practical?

No. It's not that ridiculous.

In total, direct sunlight this backpack should charge your Pandora as fast as a USB charger. So lets assume that in real life, on a sunny day, you'd get half or a third that power if you were out in the sun all day.

Not great. But not entirely unusable either.

However, now look at how expensive that backpack is. And consider how many AA batteries you could buy with that money. Unless you're the sort of guy who goes hiking or biking (in the sun) for weeks on end, it's probably not right for you.

But ... if you are the sort of guy who goes camping in direct sunlight for weeks on end, then the Pandora and some solar panels might be just what you're looking for in a light-weight backpacking computer.

XD then get into Gym stuff and so you should go and buy a Handcrank Generator?

:p

You mean like this?
hand_crank_usb_charger.jpg

It really wouldn't be stylish to be caught cranking this USB power charger to rev up your cell phone battery, but in all probability, that would be the last thing on your mind if the battery went lifeless during an important call.

This cute little power charger connects to cell phones, cameras or any device with a USB cord. All you have to do is crank the handle on the charger fto add those few minutes of extra battery time on the connected device. Precious and completely eco-friendly. The charger kit contains adapters to fit most cell phones (Motorola, Samsung, Nokia, and LG) and weighs a negligible 6 ounces. And at $39, it fits the wallet quite decently too. Available from National Geographic Online.

Via DVICE.com.

Posted by kanchana

I'm now considering one of those...

B-ZaR said:
El Jefe said:
I can't remember where the thread was, but the conclusion was that, while it could work quite well at keeping the Pandora fully charged, encouraging people to leave their game system in the sun was a very, very bad idea. Much better to use a solar panel to charge up an extra battery pack, and then use that to keep your Pandora charged in a cool, shady spot.
You can't really use LCD gizmos in direct sunlight, anyway.

Earphones!! I'm a easily pleased. Why would you need anything else? Didn't we already have a thread about this with a really well drawn picture of a guy on a bike with solar panels etc. I'm not gonna dig it up, I'm sure someone will find it.. :blink:

puppydee said:
Earphones!! I'm a easily pleased. Why would you need anything else? Didn't we already have a thread about this with a really well drawn picture of a guy on a bike with solar panels etc. I'm not gonna dig it up, I'm sure someone will find it.. :blink:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48984-pandora-alternative/

You rang?

Back