Nintendo ds emulator

unless I'm missing something vital?

I would say you are missing something very important

Then please explain. Because as far as I can see it, you don't have to "emulate" non-touchscreen, you just alter the coordinates of the mouse position to within the range of the "touchscreen" display window. Any coordinates not within the 256x192 range of the DS get scrapped off and not sent to the emulator.

What you're missing is that none of these posters are serious. NDS emulator threads are so overplayed that everybody immediately goes into silly mode, pretends to never have heard this before, proposes ridiculously complicated solutions to non-problems, and generally tries to keep a straight face until some mod comes out of the woodwork to close the thread.

Everybody is being intentionally stupid. If you wanna play, you'd do better to propose a touch-sensitivity mod for the keyboard or something.

nicely worded, now can we get back to our problem? solving the double screen issue?

^ If we're going to have half of the screen as a touch-screen, surely we only need half a stylus, as well? That should save on some processing power, right?

I was thinking we could donate one to Ben Heck and see if he could mod it to use one of the old PSOne lcd screens as the second touch screen :D

And use the existing Panda screen as the non-touch screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking we could donate one to Ben Heck and see if he could mod it to use one of the old PSOne lcd screens as the second touch screen :D

Why would you do that, if you could just buy a ds, take it apart. And use the touchscreen from that.

Makes sense, no?

:p

Off topic for a moment, but someone should donate a Pandora to this (Ben Heck) guy. Can you imagine what he could do with it? A Handheld Pandora would be ace!

D.

Off topic for a moment, but someone should donate a Pandora to this (Ben Heck) guy. Can you imagine what he could do with it? A Handheld Pandora would be ace!

D.

SUCCESS!
lol, that is so stupid.

Edit: while we are on the subject, on somewhat serious note, I have been thinking about this for some time now. Taking the DS top screen off and replacing it with a 5" wide screen, (the HP Jornada 720 screen comes to mind) and With the DSlinux, it would make the perfect handheld. Which takes me back to why I am buying a Pandora.

How is this even susposed to work? The PSone was 320x240 resolution, the nds was 256x192!

How is this even susposed to work? The PSone was 320x240 resolution, the nds was 256x192!

What you need to do is use an exacto knife to carefully cut the screen into 15 strips of 320x16 pixels, then cut those each into 5 strips of 64x16. Now arrange the strips into a 4x12 pattern to make 256x192. The 27 left over strips should be laid on top of other strips selected at random in order to increase reliability.

To help make sure that you cut the screen evenly I recommend displaying a checkerboard pattern of 64x16 blocks and cutting the display while it is powered. Be sure to be grounded in order to avoid electrostatic shock.

Expohase: that is genious! You could print the sprites on the leftoverpieces and play a manual dsgame. awesome idea!

What you need to do is use an exacto knife to carefully cut the screen into 15 strips of 320x16 pixels, then cut those each into 5 strips of 64x16. Now arrange the strips into a 4x12 pattern to make 256x192. The 27 left over strips should be laid on top of other strips selected at random in order to increase reliability.

To help make sure that you cut the screen evenly I recommend displaying a checkerboard pattern of 64x16 blocks and cutting the display while it is powered. Be sure to be grounded in order to avoid electrostatic shock.

You see, what you have just described is the 3d hack for the yet to be released 3ds emulator :D

the screen thing is not a issue at all. that saying even powerful pcs of today have issues emulating the ds. if you still want to try look for the ds emulater for psp and see if you can't find its source and port it over. that should give you a good idea on how hard it is to emulate a ds properly with no speed issues.

the screen thing is not a issue at all. that saying even powerful pcs of today have issues emulating the ds. if you still want to try look for the ds emulater for psp and see if you can't find its source and port it over. that should give you a good idea on how hard it is to emulate a ds properly with no speed issues.

You should read the whole topic, before replying ;)

Nonsense! You just have to show the pictures on the screen, and make them respond to the controls!!

;)

Why don't we just get someone with a high quality camera to take a bunch of pictures from each game? If the pictures are taken at a high enough resolution we'd have HD graphics too :eek:

Why don't we just get someone with a high quality camera to take a bunch of pictures from each game? If the pictures are taking at a high enough resolution we'd have HD graphics too :eek:
NDSHD? Now y i didnt think of that? i could have made millions.

Back