Nintendo ds emulator

With all this talk of screen size, I find it amazing no one has addressed the problems with different DS models. Surely to accommodate every conceivable gripe one must find a way to support the DSI camera, the GBA slot and the Brightness switch along with supporting DSI WARE titles and so on and so on. Then even if you get the GBA slot functionality working how do you support tilt sensors and rumble packs. Maybe an on screen prompt can pop up to tell you to shake the Pandora when the rumble would have been activated with an intensity number so you know how hard to shake it. AAUUGGHHHHHHH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumble should be simulated by punching the Pandora until the calculations no longer always work.

you guys, rumble can be accompblished by super high volume bursts of sub-sonic frequencies. the camera can be emulated all you have to do is make it so that when you press a button, the ldc screen reverses polarity so that it takes light in rather than giving it off. this is like when you use a hard drive to play sound. also, 3ds can be emulated by plugging external usb connection into occipical lobe. you can use a modified version of this: http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN EVERYONE!

you guys, rumble can be accompblished by super high volume bursts of sub-sonic frequencies. the camera can be emulated all you have to do is make it so that when you press a button, the ldc screen reverses polarity so that it takes light in rather than giving it off. this is like when you use a hard drive to play sound. also, 3ds can be emulated by plugging external usb connection into occipical lobe. you can use a modified version of this: http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/

:blink:

How much effort did you put into that post?

:blink:

How much effort did you put into that post?

dude, that's the most amazing part! like, none! but thanks to me, the 3ds can now be emulated perfectly!!!!! and that's just my first post!

I know, we can just output the video signal for our 3ds emulator to usb and use this handy 3ds usb adaptor:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Charge-Cable-Adapter-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004TTPM42

to stream the video signal to the screens on an actual 3ds. Think of the possibilities!

Then we would just duct tape the 3ds to the back of the pandora and flip it around once the 3ds emu is started. Then we should paint the unholy abortion to resemble a bike shed.

Although this discussion seems a little crazy, the one thing that comes to mind when thinking about the success of the pandora is extending it's library of games. After all that's what the pandora holds over most other consoles, it's ability to play a variaty of different existing games. People often marvel at my pandora, amazed that it can run so many different things so well. They actually care more for it's game library than they do for it's hardware features, even random strangers have asked about it. So as far as I'm concerned, I think fondly of these attempts, be them futile or possible to bring the pandora into the public eye.

Imagine the implication of rendering a modern console obsolete. It's like the 'blob' of gaming.. and not the kind that doesn't leave the couch often.

telling a dev to work on ds for pandora is like telling the guy next door to stop working and focus on participating on tv-shows. yeah, if it works out, win is big, but meh...

This off topic one person said what my reaction will be when ps2,ps3 pnd is released,i won't bother with it because i didn't like ps systems after ps1 that is because psp has weak hardware than ps1 graphics aren't good as the console,games are just cheap ones,ps2 full of remakes of ps1,ps3 no innovation and originality.

My favourite systems are n64,dc,neo geo aes,wii just for controller and Nintendo games.

Back to ds emulator if it ever comes is ok,if it's doesn't matter to be honest i don't want it badly,ds isn't good as n64,so i don't really care about ds emulation anymore.

Even 3ds is better than ds but apparently doesn't have big games that n64 had such as blast corps,aerogauge,turok 3,fighters destiny,deadly arts and many others also starfox 64 some parts of the game graphics didn't look right.

In all seriousness, (just a trim, don't buzz me, ok?), might a DS emulator be somewhere in the realm of possibility if there were an open source SGX 530 driver, implying the ability to directly access the hardware? I just remembered talking about this from a while back and started thinking...

EDIT: sorry sorry, I meant to say would it be possible if we use a USB based pico projector to display the screens on the wall and a camera to get feedback on where you are pressing the wall? Like, hook up a.. like a kinect maybe? The only problem is maybe you will accidentally press on the non-touchscreen display on the wall and it will fuzz up the graphics emulation, right?

EDIT: sorry sorry, I meant to say would it be possible if we use a USB based pico projector to display the screens on the wall and a camera to get feedback on where you are pressing the wall? Like, hook up a.. like a kinect maybe? The only problem is maybe you will accidentally press on the non-touchscreen display on the wall and it will fuzz up the graphics emulation, right?

That would be a valid possibility. But you would have to project it at a hight at the wall, that you can't accidentally press on the non-touchscreen screen.

That would be a valid possibility. But you would have to project it at a hight at the wall, that you can't accidentally press on the non-touchscreen screen.

Not really, it would just need to be at such a height that the 'touchscreen' area is within the range of natural movement for player. Any accidental 'presses' in the non-touchscreen area could just be ignored as being out of bounds.

- Neelix

In all seriousness, (just a trim, don't buzz me, ok?), might a DS emulator be somewhere in the realm of possibility if there were an open source SGX 530 driver, implying the ability to directly access the hardware? I just remembered talking about this from a while back and started thinking...

Open source SGX driver would require reverse engineering the hardware first. That at least somewhat contrasts with the project you linked since that Samsung GPU has at least some detailed information available in the user manual.

Without having tried doing it it's hard to say how much you'd win this way performance-wise. Even if you have direct access there could still be unacceptable latency for some necessary state changes and reading back the framebuffer. And even if you had direct access to the hardware and knew all of its functions you still wouldn't be able to do something totally DS compatible. But you could probably get closer than with what's currently exposed in OpenGL ES 2 plus extensions. For instance, you might be able to pull off depth textures and at least read back the depth buffer.

Of course you still need to emulate everything else (mainly, CPUs and 2D), which you may or may not be able to do fast enough.

.... as for the stuff about projectors and screens, that is so far removed from the prospect of getting one working well that I'm not sure it's worth asking.. but seriously if you're interested you should try working something like that out with a PC first. Then you'll have your answer. I don't know if you'd really need a Kinect to process where you're pressing on a wall, but that'd be pretty damn goofy. Pressing the "wrong" area wouldn't mess up anything. At worst you'd get a spurious touch event.

Exophase: You don't really take that seriously, do you?

hum, my memory tells me I should remember of a solution for the screens, but simply put, I don't... had we found a way to avoid that problem?

.... as for the stuff about projectors and screens, that is so far removed from the prospect of getting one working well that I'm not sure it's worth asking.. but seriously if you're interested you should try working something like that out with a PC first. Then you'll have your answer. I don't know if you'd really need a Kinect to process where you're pressing on a wall, but that'd be pretty damn goofy. Pressing the "wrong" area wouldn't mess up anything. At worst you'd get a spurious touch event.

Yeah, this part was not serious, just a nod in the direction of "a|| we n33d to do is solve teh screen pr0bl3M FTW@!!"

hum, that was something else... through I know remember this option envisaged, but I seem to remember problem about the non-touchscreen half...
You needed to take a craft-knife and score through the middle of the Pandora's touch-screen, so that the touch-layer was correctly cut in half, and rendered non-working for the emulated upper-screen!

(Disclaimer for those unfamiliar with it, or who've forgotten the previous time this came up: This is not in any way serious. Absolutely not. It's also not particularly funny, but that's the way it goes. :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back