Nintendo Revoloution Preview?

i heard the next gba will be just another remake of the gba :( as in an SP with wifi and extra crap in a new case.

is this true?

watching fake vid now.

Seen it, and while it's lovely it has to be a fake.

College project, most likely. Or perhaps even two college projects put together, after you see the castle made from castles it tottally changes.

I have to say it was very convincing but as has been said several times already, no 3rd party developer would jump on its band wagon. If it was real though then it would explain wat all this nintendo talk bout development costs being to high was all bout. Still very well done but the metroid part gives it away as a fake unless it has some kind of camera that pictures ur body and puts it into the game. Now that would be interesting

oooh man! that vid, love it :D of course it's not real, but man the guy's got SKILLS!

it's great, but seriously, how could you think it's real? it's not nearly professional enough, though very impressive still.

i dont recognize the metroid level tho

i know he made the mario part

but making the metroid bit wouldve taken years

its easy to see it fake, look at the animation on Mario, its crap

the castle reminds be of Hyrule in WindWaker tho

I hope it's real(despite the odds :)). With PS3 and Xbox 360 there is enough of evolution on the console market, something revolutionary would be a relief. Don't you wonder what gaming will look like in 10 years when computer power is so huge it would take a man a year to make a room with all available polygons? When you have so much power to work with it would be a waste to just put it in a box with only tv as output and a controller as input, there must be so much more possible and this seems a good step in a different direction. And, give it some time, but I think this machine could be something I can get used to.

Moogle posted on May 15 2005 at 12:15 AM said:
I hope it's real(despite the odds :)). With PS3 and Xbox 360 there is enough of evolution on the console market, something revolutionary would be a relief. Don't you wonder what gaming will look like in 10 years when computer power is so huge it would take a man a year to make a room with all available polygons? When you have so much power to work with it would be a waste to just put it in a box with only tv as output and a controller as input, there must be so much more possible and this seems a good step in a different direction. And, give it some time, but I think this machine could be something I can get used to.

You just want to have virtual sex with the chick from FF19!!!

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I izda Boi inda Hood! posted on May 14 2005 at 07:55 PM said:

I have FF19 it's all guys :(

With the specs of the 360 it is pretty much over as far as power goes. You can now pretty much do anything and it comes down to the quality of the developers and the art.

Look at the latest Splinter cell, even Doom 3 on the current xbox. The graphics are phenominal. Great lighting, surface attributes, shadowing, normal mapping, high res textures. All that with an old 700 Mhz Celeron and 64 M of RAM.

The new 360 is so much more powerful than that it is almost insane. The 3.2 GHz three core Power PC CPU in the 360 makes the Xbox look like a low grade calculator in comparison. So if the current Xbox can do splinter cell like that the new one will produce visuals that look almost real in comparison. The Sony PS3 will be even more powerful on paper but in the end it won't look really any better, it is diminishing returns, you can only do so much and developers can only put so much into a game.

This is why Nintendo is searching for some gimmick to set themselves apart. There is nothing they will be able to do that will make revolution look any better graphically than the others.

DemonStar55 posted on May 15 2005 at 03:03 AM said:
I izda Boi inda Hood! posted on May 14 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
[bla bla]

I have FF19 it's all guys :(

If only there would be a Dead or Alive game for it, Kasumi can sit on my head anytime :p

I izda Boi inda Hood! posted on May 15 2005 at 01:55 AM said:

If they don't port FFX and FFX-2 I'll kill them!!!!
Mmmmm... Rikku..

yes rikku, but sam your only 12 don't forget to use virtual protection. Your too young to be a father.................. again............

runescape=crap posted on May 15 2005 at 03:32 PM said:
yes rikku, but sam your only 12 don't forget to use virtual protection. Your too young to be a father.................. again............

:D

runescape=crap posted on May 15 2005 at 04:32 PM said:
but that's our little secret... :unsure:
and I always used virtual protection!
That is blasphemous!

did anybody notice that if this thing was real, the disc drives would be in the middle of your head? They need at least like 3" to open and close.

EDIT: nevermind the thing sits on the floor.

the thing with the motion detection could still work...just that you dont have to walk, but put one foot in the way you want to walk to, like the guy in the film .... that would be 1337 ^^ :ph34r:

Back