Nintendo Revoloution

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Hmmm just reading this over at ign http://cube.ign.com/articles/607/607437p1.html and http://brokensaints.com/blog/

But for the time being its very speculative, i for one hope it isn't true as in theory it sounds cool, but you can't help thinking it will be a virtual boy washout.

Also due to a defect in my eyes im unable to experience stereoscopic 3d so hopefully gaming will never go that way :p

Anyway its just rumours but none the less intriguing ;)

skysnapper posted on Apr 26 2005 at 10:10 AM said:
Hmmm just reading this over at ign http://cube.ign.com/articles/607/607437p1.html and http://brokensaints.com/blog/

But for the time being its very speculative, i for one hope it isn't true as in theory it sounds cool, but you can't help thinking it will be a virtual boy washout.

Also due to a defect in my eyes im unable to experience stereoscopic 3d so hopefully gaming will never go that way :p

Anyway its just rumours but none the less intriguing ;)

i doubt nintendo would go in that direction knowing that some people couldnt experience their games.

EDIT: added some

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like the name of Nintendo Revolution sounds corny. Anyway here is the REAL console that nintendo is releasing i think...

Nintendo_Nexus.jpg

Attachments

• Nintendo_Nexus.jpg
    Nintendo_Nexus.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 133
Drak posted on Apr 26 2005 at 04:54 PM said:
I dont like the name of Nintendo Revolution sounds corny. Anyway here is the REAL console that nintendo is releasing i think...

Nintendo_Nexus.jpg

looks like a pimped up snes :lol:

Attachments

• Nintendo_Nexus.jpg
    Nintendo_Nexus.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:
but you can't help thinking it will be a virtual boy washout.
Everyone keeps saying that, but the only reason the virtual boy wasn't a success was because it was crap, it had two colours, and the graphics were nowhere near good enough back then to do anything 3D. Technology was nowhere near advanced enough back then, it was way too early to be thinking of 3D. Nowadays, 3D is easily achievable and would kick amazing amounts of ass. Like an Imax theatre.

Definetly bogus.

IBM copper WIRE technology? The chip is copper it doesn't have "wires" in the CPU. GBA port? shouldn't that be DS/GB evolution port.

I doubt it will be 3D either. Nintendo is too conservative. Plus true 3D gives many nausea and headaches. That wouldn't go over too big. At best, if the controller had a PDA display on it THAT may be 3D.

Y is everyone hung over on the idea of the controller being PDA style? don't any of u listen to wat Iwata said. He said the controller will have no form of screen on it. So that puts that out the window. I think a holographic projector will be along the lines of wat it is as ninty are in conjunction with Hitachi or some other Japanese company which has the same sort of name and are developing them. Last i heard was they had a prototype 2 years ago that was 6 foot tall and displayed an image bout 3 inches big. That could have easily changed to console size by now.

HA!!!
WE ALL KNOW WHAT'S SO REVOLUTIONARY ABOUT THE REVOLUTION!!!!

!

IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE GAMECUBE!! TRULY A REVOLUTION!!!!

I hope that Nintendo do try something different from the others, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, but what do the next generation of consoles offer new other than improved graphics, sound and storage?

And that picture of the pimped N64 is probably fake, for instance, I doubt that they would opt for a G4 processor (and yes I know that the GameCube has a G3).

Only one problem with that theory, the line about Nintendo claiming that this whatever technology wasn't new, just had never been used in video games before.

stereoscopic 3-d HAS been used in video games before, both the NES and SMS had a few games where you had to wear the red and blue glasses for that 3d effect.

So either their lieing... are very forgetful, or this rumor is bogus.

I reckon that the gyroscopic controllers are the revolutionary bit. Not completely sold on them though, even if I am a ninty fan. Well, I guess it all comes down to how its implemented.

Don't forget Heart of Darkness on the Playstation. that used the red and blue glasses. And apparently the revolution will have a G5 processor. I think ninty will either do some so simple that no one will have evr thought of it or that it will be really complex and no one will really get it

SHIG.jpg

Attachments

• SHIG.jpg
    SHIG.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 140
Back