No Fungp .. No Shocker There

adolobe

Still Fresh
Well November has come and gone and now were are a week in to December and still no Fungp. Even the www.gp2xwiz.com & http://www.globalgph.com site still is outdated saying it will launch first half of November.

No shocker there. Sometimes I wonder if they are even still in business.

Thank God for the homebrew developers.

Yeah...

Hello, GPH here.
We now have the website for downloading games for Wiz available.

With the concept of having Fun with GamePark, the site will be called FunGP.

In early November 2009, games from commercial developers will be available first.

A new app-store like website is planned for January 2010.
Players can release their own games on this new site next year.

Armed with new games and new website, Wiz will never be the same.

Things will be different.

Hoax said:
Yeah...

Hello, GPH here.
We now have the website for downloading games for Wiz available.

With the concept of having Fun with GamePark, the site will be called FunGP.

In early November 2009, games from commercial developers will be available first.

A new app-store like website is planned for January 2010.
Players can release their own games on this new site next year.

Armed with new games and new website, Wiz will never be the same.

Things will be different.

The commercial aspect of it was to launch in November. With the user generated section to post in January 2010 for he app store. Two different things are discussed in that press release. Fungp is the site not just the app-store which will be hosted on the sie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this on NewsWeeZ:

In summary, the launch of FunGP portal is delayed until next year for various problems and also the release of commercial games on SD card is postponed. The new schedule of the latter will be known in early December, while for FunGP they’ll be:

FunGP Developer Center open date: February 2010
FunGP Officially open date: April 2010

You can read more info here: http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8284

chickendung said:
As far as I know, the Wiz is being abandoned. GPH has said they will be releasing a new console next year. Yes, the company is made up of idiots.
What the f..., 150€ for some quick'n'dirty ported homebrew games and a very very inactive homebrew community (except Pickle) oO?

chickendung said:
As far as I know, the Wiz is being abandoned. GPH has said they will be releasing a new console next year. Yes, the company is made up of idiots.

When you say "as far as I know", what do you actually mean? Where did you get this information?

Passy said:
chickendung said:
What the f..., 150€ for some quick'n'dirty ported homebrew games and a very very inactive homebrew community (except Pickle) oO?

Even if Wiz development came to a crashing halt today, the apps and emulators that already exist on the system make it well worth the money imo and I would still recommend to anybody interested in retro gaming. Regardless of what's to come, I am already 100% satisfied with my Wiz.

craigix said:
Gaahhh someone make a new thread pointing to GPHs announcement!

It was briefly discussed here with a video link of a GPH spokesperson who made mention of a new system but I found no details of any sort.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50721-another-wiz-vs-thread/page__st__15

Except the part about it having a 3.5" LCD, which is pretty substantial information IMO. Is GPH unhappy with OLED afterall?

This is true, which I found rather odd. Doesn't the community love the OLED screen? I think its great and I've seen many other threads also praising the screen. I would find it very peculiar if they go back to LCD

Assuming they would want a resolition higher than 320*240 then they will have seen that the prices are crazy and are probably aiming for a low price.

MiOdd said:
Passy said:
chickendung said:

Even if Wiz development came to a crashing halt today, the apps and emulators that already exist on the system make it well worth the money imo and I would still recommend to anybody interested in retro gaming. Regardless of what's to come, I am already 100% satisfied with my Wiz.
I didn't say I don't like my Wiz, no, I acutally love it, but I expected more. Especially if you see 600 free games for the GP2X F100/F200, I already thought about trading my Wiz for an F200. I think the Wiz doesn't get the attention it deserves.

craigix said:
Assuming they would want a resolition higher than 320*240 then they will have seen that the prices are crazy and are probably aiming for a low price.

I wonder if they actually even want greater than 320x240. Gamepark/Holdings has been using 320x240 in their devices since the very start, some 8 years ago..

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think it's really lame if GPH is going to release a new console in 2010. Then what was the point of the GP2X Wiz?

Regards

André

What can i say.. EPIC FAIL, as usual..

No FunGP..
No Video Advert Contest..
No SDK released..
No Gaming contest..

Doong..

btw.. after 2 failed attempts [ f200 and wiz ] did they expecting people to believe in success of 3rd console/handheld from GPH? Oh, man..

Back