No Posts About The New "psp Go" ?

not sure i like it. the design is a bit of a mismash of the sony milo and psp the slide out is cool but the buttons look horrible. i still think the software is the selling point of the psp (not umd) but online.
tethering might be a pain though (costly)

I kinda talked allot about it in the other threads as I new what I was going to look like and do since GDC. But I guess this is the first whole thread about it?

The PSP Go was mainly developed as a "testbed" device while they are in parallel working harder in harder on PSN, to kinda roll out the idea on the consumer market, so outside of the design nothing has drastically changed in regards to input, that will happen later.

Kind of hideous. Same hardware as the regular PSP I presume? If so, I wouldn't see any reason to get this over a hacked PSP. But whatever, I'm sure SONY already has 10 on preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Sony, they won't provide a way for you to transfer your old UMD-based games to the UMDless model, and you'll have to buy them all over again.

nickspoon posted on May 31 2009 at 12:15 AM said:
Knowing Sony, they won't provide a way for you to transfer your old UMD-based games to the UMDless model, and you'll have to buy them all over again.
Exactly what I thought. Really a smart move...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of any company that shits on it's customers more than Sony. Too bad, since they tend to get style right.

well a commercial effort from nintendo etc could steal pandoras lime light but as it stands nothing can get in its way now.

Looks pretty lame.
I'm watching the video right now:

"blah blah content blah PS3 blah blah content blah blah more memory, crappy memory stick, content, immersive, smaller, blah blah"

Sounds lame, too.

"Does the design do anything new for developers?"
"blah blah blah pick up and put down blah internal flash games"

No, and it doesn't say the end-user can develop for it. So I'm not really interested.

"This is clearly the start of something really cool"

Not really, they should have been able to do this years ago. <_<

"usage model, services, blah blah"

It just looks useless. They never say what it can access, whether you can download things from the Internet or what..

who really cares. it's hideous and looks uncomfortable. the specs don't matter, i don't care if it has more mhz than the pandora, wiz or whatnot. undoubtedly, sony is going to try to prevent hackers from loading homebrew/emulators/whatever or running pirated games from some kind of expensive and exclusive memory stick. no doubt they're also going to continue to try to shove ps2/ps3 games into the device's lack of controls.

I HATE SONY so i'm a little biased.

PS at the very least, i agree with lulzfish... the thing looks completely useless.

EDIT: craig, if you don't mind, i'm putting that in my signature.

My thumb hurts just looking at it. Will be fun to see how they handle the leak in the press conference.

You can bet they'll be extra anti-homebrew measures, but most people won't care, they'll just buy as much crap as Sony can shovel at them.

It'll probably sell well, more's the pity.

sony.png

Figures :p

Looks like a cheap MP4 player. What do you do, if you're a cheap chinese clone company and Sony copies your design. Maybe you just consider yourself lucky. :D

If it has enough power, it might be good for browsing on the go, if it has touch screen. Skype would also make it a nice home phone, if it is integrated to always be running in the background.

Not that i'm thinking of getting one, but surely if it has bluetooth, you can pair a BT control pad, or PS3 controller to play with the PSP Go ?

I know its not as portable, and a bit of a waste to take a gaming pad with a PSP Go, especially as it has already got built in controls, but if the controls are crap, at least you have another option available.

I think this device is more to promote or test downloadable content infrastructure.
I'm guessing that when they develop the PSP 2, it will use this similar downloadable content structure / memory card slot action.

Back