Nostalgia Time!

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
Two years ago seems like such a long time. And it is. Kinda.

Craigix Discloses Information On New Gp2x?

Some quotes:

DaveC said:
So will the next thing be a Mark 3 or a GP3X?

It would be sad to see the GP2X fade after only 2 years.

Even if there was a such thing we could still use the current GP2X.

predatorramboxxx said:
hhahahah gampark holdings does not have any money for this right now ahahhahahahaha.
FAKE and yes it will hurt the gp2x sales.(kinda of hurting craig i guess 2
wat is he thinking?)
unless iam completey wrong
which i willing to bet iam right.

Dzz said:
Well the obvious upgrade is to switch to the "MMSP2+".

That would be a pretty kick-ass upgrade and might not cost them too much in terms of re-engineering the hardware and software.

OMars said:
i just want to know what company is making this

Are you serious? It really seems obvious to me that GPH is making this - Unless I somehow missed something.

The very first thread on the GP3X GP4Q Craiginator Pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe cool. I've been wanting to dig through those threads, I'd love to do an article about Pandora's evolution from those first discussions.

I think my first ever post in this section was in the "Our New Machine, Pandora" thread. It was already a bazillion posts long, and I was like "Hi guys I'm new zomg Pandora!!" ...come to think of it, I also remember bunnies on that page and people calling atomicthumbs a nutbar. Naww.

Man that was indeed a blast from the past, I didn't realize that was that long ago, sure didn't felt like it. Didn't even occur to me that you were relatively new Gruso (did you lurk before atleast), good job on all you done. I've been around for a good amount of time and don't have nearly as many post as I used to back when this whole thing started under another name. :)

This whole thing is coming to an end, kinda bittersweet in a way. Don't know what you got until it's gone.

Exophase said:
Come to think of it, who was mfk anyway?

He was the guy who recieved the parts that should go to mweston and therefor added a little delay to the remaining 2 months(tm), early this year ;)

Mehmet Fatih KILIC is known as "mfk" in various Turkish Communities and GP32X Boards. He lives in Istanbul, Turkey. He majored International Finance and his speciality is Foreign Trade Consultancy. He's mainly repsonsible of sourcing parts and making contacts with companies in Pandora project.

In year 2005, He started to sell GP2X after the release of the device and organized the Turkish community. He made a lot of modifications, developed a break out board and adopted GP2X cards to a lot of different industrial applications with his team. As Turkish Distributor of GP2X, He met with Craig and EvilDragon. They went to S.Korea in search for a better GP2X and came back with "Pandora" on their mind.

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=21&lang=en

If Craigix really want to write a Book about the Pandora, he should read these old Threads again, very informative. :) I remember that I've herad of the new thing (it had not even a name) around August or September 2007 or so, it really feels like a long time ago. Was the iPhone already released in middle 2007?
I also Remember some early release phantasies around July 2008 :lol:
The Book also could contain a few pares with all the comunity-scetches and drawings of a (possible) new handheld, I remember there were very interesting concepts.

P.S.: I would name a Pandora-Story Book: "IN BED WITH PANDORA" of course :lol:

[quote name='mfk' date=' timestamp=' post=']
Source: mfk
Quote: Built-in A/V-Out? Yes for sure... with a simple yet usable cable included inside the package.
Link: http://www.gp32x.de...t...044&st=870#
[/quote]

Wished this little bit would have happened...

I just love the fact that it was a GP32X user who got CraigIX in contact with Texas Instruments. If not for that person, we'd most likely be stuck with an i.MX31. :lol:

atomicthumbs said:
I just love the fact that it was a GP32X user who got CraigIX in contact with Texas Instruments. If not for that person, we'd most likely be stuck with an i.MX31. :lol:

Better that than an MMSP2+. Could you imagine? Pandora comes out and ends up being weaker than Wiz.

Back