Give me a reason not to cancel my order and buy from the Ithic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this next generation of apathetic technology lovers will be so sick of the duopoly that other parties will emerge.
I really hope, that you know, that there ARE other parties to vote for.

I've met americans, that actually think, that there are only two and that is really sad.

Most of the people here in germany think, that we only got 5 parties to vote for and that's sad enough.

I dont know if you saw, but I said earlier that I am part of the Libertarian party. No one votes for us....

I know it doesn't excuse me! :p/>

I get judged mainly for being Bisexual (Mostly Gay).

I am quite open about it, but people don't like me for it sometimes.

BUT, we better keep the subject on topic and stop where we are! :)/>

I hear people all the time say anti-gay things. I'm alwayse too afraid to tell them off. Them saying that kind of thing offends me, but me saying its ok2be gay offends them. It confuses me as to what is the "right" thing to do in that situation.
The right thing to do is whatever your heart and conscience tells you to do. Worry not what others say or think. Only do what you think is right.

I dont know if you saw, but I said earlier that I am part of the Libertarian party. No one votes for us....
Sorry, i didn't saw this.

Well, maybe i would. ;)

I'm always voting for the party, that has the best program and did not prove it's corruption already and that's always some small one.

Booh calculative voting, hooray Categorical Imperative! To live Humanism isn't such a big deal as everyone thinks.

Edit:

The right thing to do is whatever your heart and conscience tells you to do. Worry not what others say or think. Only do what you think is right.
Exactly!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope, that all the USA-critics here, that are actually living there, do vote some other party, than the two major ones and go to demonstrations sometimes.

Your political/economical system seems to be is even more fucked up than ours and that's an art!

You have no choice in America. You have to vote one of the two major parties. No third-party candidate ever wins major office. so you have to vote for the guy you hate less...in order to make sure the guy you REALLY hate doesn't get in.

We need Instant runoff Voting here in America so that people can vote their conscience first, and then a [plan B to make sure the hated guy doesn't get in.

If we had Instant Runoff Voting in 2000 Gore woulda been Prez, because I'm sure enough Florida Nader voters would have put Gore down as second choice.

Imagine what the world might be today if there hadn't been the disaster known as Dubya.

I hope, that all the USA-critics here, that are actually living there, do vote some other party, than the two major ones and go to demonstrations sometimes.

Your political/economical system seems to be is even more fucked up than ours and that's an art!

If only we could......

But there are too many people that are afraid of breaking the mold to ever leave their party. Hopefully this next generation of apathetic technology lovers will be so sick of the duopoly that other parties will emerge.

no...it isn't fear of breaking the mold. It's fear of the wrong guy winning.

I'll reveal my colors here to tell you that I'd vote for a yellow dog for President if he was a Democrat...before I'd vote any Republican!

I vote for the Democrats in order to try to keep the Republicans out of power. Even a bad Democrat is better than a "good" Republican - which is basically a contradiction of terms anyway.

You have no choice in America. You have to vote one of the two major parties. No third-party candidate ever wins major office. so you have to vote for the guy you hate less...in order to make sure the guy you REALLY hate doesn't get in.
That's paradox. Sorry, but in doing so, you negate your previous posting and show a lack of integrity.

You worry what others do and the calculation, that too many guys are voting vor reps is more important.

I can understand that, but it's not what you said one should do.

There's always a third way: Lack of loyalty to the ones in power, if they are assholes that do not give a shit about human rights and good ethics, like most of the reps do.

Hopefully this next generation of apathetic technology lovers will be so sick of the duopoly that other parties will emerge.
I really hope, that you know, that there ARE other parties to vote for.

I've met americans, that actually think, that there are only two and that is really sad.

Most of the people here in germany think, that we only got 5 parties to vote for and that's sad enough.

Yes, WE KNOW THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO PARTIES.

BUT NOBODY RUNNING FOR HIGH OFFICE FROM ANY BUT THOSE TWO PARTIES STANDS A CHANCE IN HELL OF WINNING.

Voting for anyone for high office from a party other than the two major parties is a throw-away vote. The guy is NOT gonna win.

Try researching our system here, soometime...and see how they have it rigged.

That's paradox. Sorry, but in doing so, you negate your previous posting and show a lack of integrity.
Wrong.

In the case of VOTING...you can either

A - throw away your vote on a guy who is NOT GOING TO WIN

or

B- Use your vote to make sure the more hated guy DOESN'T get in.

That is just reality in American politics!!

Try researching our system to see how it is rigged to only two parties before you open your pie-hole.

Here, I'll make it simple for you: Google up ELECTORAL COLLEGE sometime.

This has nothing to do with conscience or integrity. THIS IS STRATEGY!!

YOU MAKE SURE THE GUY WHO IS MOST GOING TO FUCK UP YOUR LIFE DOES NOT WIN.

A lot of Obama's votes in this last election were actually "not Romney" votes.

Mine was. I decided Romney and Ryan wanted to fuck up my life - so I wasn't gonna give them the power to do so.

Of course, as I said...it takes a hell of a lot for me to vote for ANY Republican. I have, ONCE. For Senator.

We got nearly the same problem here, but i live after the categorical imperative and that means, i do what i think that all the others should do too.

The reason, why there are only two (here its 2 big and some mediocre) parties with a chance is, that nearly everyone is thinking like you: too calculating.

Same shit here, but less advanced.

The two big parties use this fear to hold their power and fear is not the foundation of a democracy (which you actually do not have).

Of course democrats are always better than reps, but if the reps or demos do shit, just do not obey. That goes especcially to all the police and military guys here (if there are any).

There is a reason why human rights and constitution should stand above everything, regardless what leaders.

We got the nearly the same problem here, but i live after the categorical imperative and that means, i do what i think that all the others should do too.

The reason, why there are only two (here its 2 big and some mediocre) parties with a chance is, that nearly everyone is thinking like you: too calculating.

The two big parties use this fear to hold their power and fear is not the foundation of a democracy (which you actually do not have).
We never had a democracy in America.

We were never meant to.

What we have is a Representative Republic.

Although one could argue about exactly HOW "representative" this government is...what with gerrymandering and so on...

For example, in my home state of Pennsylvania, things are gerrymandered so badly that...

52 percent of the people of PA voted Democratic for their Congressman...yet, of the 18 representatives PA is sending to the 113th Congress...only 5 are Democrats and thirteen are Republicans!!

Because the republicans cheated and gerrymandered the Congressional Districts.

Gerrymandering, by the way, is a practice in America whereby the politicians choose their voters...rather than the voters choosing their politicians.

In practice, a district is made "safe" for an incumbent by packing his district full of his party's voters...and putting all the other party's voters into another District.

Practiced on a statewide level, Districts are created by the majority party in the State House...and voters of the minority Party tend to get "packed" into a few overwhelmingly minority-party districts (the district I live in is one such District) and the other Districts are basically made "safe" for the majority Party.

And these lines are re-drawn every ten years...by whichever Party is in power in the State House.

You can see how a Party perpetuates it's power almost indefinitely through dirty tricks like this.

No democracy.

Not EVEN "representative" Republic.

Kumaki, i totally understand you, although we do not have as many dirty tricks going on here (but trust me: there are some) here it's CDU vs. SPD instead of Reps vs. Demos.

Most of the SPD-voters just vote them, because they are the less horrible corrupt capitalists and most of the CDU-voters are just very old people that never thought about changing or young ones,

which are buying too often repeated lies or try to get on faster in society through some CDU-sponsored clubs/contacts...

Since both have gotten a lot worse over the years both partys are losing votes over the time now and maybe more and more shit from the Demos will change your system a tiny bit.

The real problem here is, that too many that are thinking that both are equal shit just stopped to vote, instead of giving it to some small party.

If all the nonvoters here would spontaniously vote some small party, this would instantly be the biggest!

Just think about it, that would be a chaos i really would like to see.

We got the nearly the same problem here, but i live after the categorical imperative and that means, i do what i think that all the others should do too.

We never had a democracy in America.

We were never meant to.

What we have is a Representative Republic.

Although one could argue about exactly HOW "representative" this government is...what with gerrymandering and so on...

For example, in my home state of Pennsylvania, things are gerrymandered so badly that...

52 percent of the people of PA voted Democratic for their Congressman...yet, of the 18 representatives PA is sending to the 113th Congress...only 5 are Democrats and thirteen are Republicans!!

Because the republicans cheated and gerrymandered the Congressional Districts.

Gerrymandering, by the way, is a practice in America whereby the politicians choose their voters...rather than the voters choosing their politicians.

In practice, a district is made "safe" for an incumbent by packing his district full of his party's voters...and putting all the other party's voters into another District.

Practiced on a statewide level, Districts are created by the majority party in the State House...and voters of the minority Party tend to get "packed" into a few overwhelmingly minority-party districts (the district I live in is one such District) and the other Districts are basically made "safe" for the majority Party.

And these lines are re-drawn every ten years...by whichever Party is in power in the State House.

You can see how a Party perpetuates it's power almost indefinitely through dirty tricks like this.

No democracy.

Not EVEN "representative" Republic.

That's practiced everywhere. The only way to eliminate that would be to have redistricting only occur every 14 years which means even if there is a population change (like in schools and such) they would not be allowed to redistrict. Its a sad situation because its hard to objectively define if redistricting is for the benefit of the people/schools or the benefit of the re-election of the politicians.

Beofre you reply, I said "objectively define". I'm full aware that it is obvious after the fact, but how can you objectify and quantify that?

Kumaki, i totally understand you, although we do not have as many dirty tricks going on here (but trust me: there are some) here it's CDU vs. SPD instead of Reps vs. Demos.

Most of the SPD-voters just vote them, because they are the less horrible corrupt capitalists and most of the CDU-voters are just very old people that never thought about changing or young ones,

which are buying too often repeated lies or try to get on faster in society through some CDU-sponsored clubs/contacts...

Since both have gotten a lot worse over the years both partys are losing votes over the time now and maybe more and more shit from the Demos will change your system a tiny bit.

The real problem here is, that too many that are thinking that both are equal shit just stopped to vote, instead of giving it to some small party.

If all the nonvoters here would spontaniously vote some small party, this would instantly be the biggest!

Only like half of Americans actually vote

Only like half of Americans actually vote
Same here... :/

I hate nonvoters, i really do...

You think Democrats are better?

Yes, they are WONDERFUL if you are a person who sits on your ass all day and do nothing.

Democrats steal from hardworking citizens to pay for your laziness, and other expenses you don't feel like paying for.

-_-

Look at Obama!!

You guys picked the most un-american motherfucker there is!:

-The guy is Muslim!

-He cancelled national pray day (Which is for all religions) then had 50000 Muslims at the White House, on that day, TO PRAY!!!

-He won't salute to the American flag

-He'd rather destroy this country than help it.

Why do you think ALL 50 states have signed petitions to recede from the union LESS THAN 2 WEEKS after Obama was re-elected?

Texas already has more than 4x the signatures needed. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back