Give me a reason not to cancel my order and buy from the Ithic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

notyu1459

Still Fresh
They say they'll ship within 24 hours, free shipping from within my own country, for far less than I paid to order my Pandora and to upgrade it later + shipping from Europe. I won't get the case or the TV-out cable I ordered, but frankly I'm not sure if I will ever get those anyway. Why the hell is everyone else has in stock except Craig, making people who waited YEARS for their device wait longer for someone that orders one now?

Unless I get a gold-encrusted air craft carrier along with my Pandora, I dunno what I'm doing waiting so damn long for.

Edit: Just to make it clear, I ACTUALLY SAVE MONEY BY CANCELING AND REORDERING FROM ITHIC. I paid MORE than the difference when I upgraded to a 1ghz unit, thanks to the hideous shipping costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you cancel then you can expect a wait for your refund. Craig is basically out of money, debt in fact due to selling 70 additional orders that he never paid EvilDragon for, as the story goes.

Maybe u should cancel . Then order one of those Pandora alternatives that only cost 150 usd $

Exactly ^^ that's why . I'm tired of politely defending our dear Pandora . Now I invite people to buy something else and find there own answer .

I can't blame the guy much. I think if I put out money well in advance...and still didn't have mine and saw other people getting theirs...I'd be upset, too.

I might well be inclined, if I were one of them...to offer instead...to pay the difference between the pre-order price...and the current price...and get one now instead of waiting....or cancelling and re-ordering.

I do feel bad for the folks on the waiting list who still havent gotten their stuff.

As I said more than one time...I silently followed this project for years, but was determined never to pre-order...but only would get one when I could pay and get one shipped like, within a week.

If everyone had had that same attitude, the Pandy would never have happened at all, since kickstarter didn't exist back then.

I really thank you and people like you who DID pre-order, making the Pandy possible...but I really feel bad for you guys. Like I said, I would see what you could work out about getting an immediate ship, by paying the difference between the pre-order versus current price.

It would benefit the guys on the other end, as they could scratch one more off the pre-order list...and they would get some additional money in - not as much, of course...but it HAS to be better, from their standpoint, than a total cancel. Probably better for you, too, since you'd have to wait on a refund...this way you would not have a refund waiting out there, plus the full price of a Pandy - to get your Pandy in your hands...maybe you could just pay the difference, get shipped immediate...and everyone is happy.

Just my $.02 worth.

I feel bad for Craig. :(

Why do you feel bad for someone who screwed users over and over (1Ghz pre-orders when he had no money to pay for any of them and had remaining debts) and blames other people helping him for not getting him out of trouble ?

There's like some deep Stockholm Syndrome going on on these boards, I tell ya.

I feel bad for Craig. :(/>

Why do you feel bad for someone who screwed users over and over (1Ghz pre-orders when he had no money to pay for any of them and had remaining debts) and blames other people helping him for not getting him out of trouble ?

There's like some deep Stockholm Syndrome going on on these boards, I tell ya.

I never really liked Craig to be honest. But I'm a huge fan of ED

So if I understand this correctly Craig sold 70 1ghz units then spent the money and never took delivery of those from ED? Wow you can go to jail for shit like that. So where's Craig now? Is he gone from the Pandora scene?

So where's Craig now? Is he gone from the Pandora scene?

Mostly, yes. He does not seem to care much for anyone he left behind waiting. He's busy with the ICP2 (which has been delayed, more waiting for those who trusted him!)

Then why does ED need permission from Craig to start working on the P2?

If its a legal issue, he could make an entirely new device and call it "The completely and totally not Open Pandora 2: Please Don't Sue Me Edition"

Well the new website to promote the pandora is still being done by craig and gadgetoid and possibly ed too.so we shall have to wait and see what happens.

But yeah a bad situation currently.

So where's Craig now? Is he gone from the Pandora scene?

Mostly, yes. He does not seem to care much for anyone he left behind waiting. He's busy with the ICP2 (which has been delayed, more waiting for those who trusted him!)

Then why does ED need permission from Craig to start working on the P2?

If its a legal issue, he could make an entirely new device and call it "The completely and totally not Open Pandora 2: Please Don't Sue Me Edition"

I don't think he needs permission. WHo said he needed?

It's about the permission anyway, it's about the lack of financials means and the shitty situation most pre-orders are in right now. You can't start working on a P2 with the current backlog. Especially knowing ED would not feel good about this kind of thing, personally.

Do they post how many outstanding preorders remain? Also, do they post their financials? I think if they did the community would understand better and maybe find a way to help.

Ads on the OP Boards, anyone?

I can't blame the guy much. I think if I put out money well in advance...and still didn't have mine and saw other people getting theirs...I'd be upset, too.

I might well be inclined, if I were one of them...to offer instead...to pay the difference between the pre-order price...and the current price...and get one now instead of waiting....or cancelling and re-ordering.

I do feel bad for the folks on the waiting list who still havent gotten their stuff.

As I said more than one time...I silently followed this project for years, but was determined never to pre-order...but only would get one when I could pay and get one shipped like, within a week.

If everyone had had that same attitude, the Pandy would never have happened at all, since kickstarter didn't exist back then.

I really thank you and people like you who DID pre-order, making the Pandy possible...but I really feel bad for you guys. Like I said, I would see what you could work out about getting an immediate ship, by paying the difference between the pre-order versus current price.

It would benefit the guys on the other end, as they could scratch one more off the pre-order list...and they would get some additional money in - not as much, of course...but it HAS to be better, from their standpoint, than a total cancel. Probably better for you, too, since you'd have to wait on a refund...this way you would not have a refund waiting out there, plus the full price of a Pandy - to get your Pandy in your hands...maybe you could just pay the difference, get shipped immediate...and everyone is happy.

Just my $.02 worth.

But I already upgraded to a 1ghz unit! I'm not saving money, I'm actually paying more due to the high shipping costs.

But you upgraded to YET ANOTHER PRE-ORDER deal.

I'm saying, cut your losses, and get what you can get shipped NOW.

That is what I would do if I were in your position.

I mean...I hate to say it, but...I think you would do better to cut your losses and get SOMETHING in your hands...instead of continuing to have nothing, and have a pended refund....and money out on a new unit...I'd see what I could work out. Really, that is what I'd do.

So if I understand this correctly Craig sold 70 1ghz units then spent the money and never took delivery of those from ED? Wow you can go to jail for shit like that. So where's Craig now? Is he gone from the Pandora scene?
No, Craig sold a lot of 1Ghz units and upgrades on a pre-order basis, then took delivery of 70 from Ed but didn't pay for them.

He will eventually be getting more 1Ghz units after sales of new units fund the next batch of 70. The plan is for the profits from sales of new units and upgrades to pay for production costs of preorder units left in both Ed and Craig's queues.

Replying to OP: I do advise you to buy from Ithic.com. You will have a pandora to play with while waiting for your refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back