Nostalgia Time!

Kloplop321 said:
yeah, I don't remember any of those names, (except craig(duh)). Must be really old

yep. very first Pandora thread. I recall not being too pleased that someone was trying to take down the GP2X. :p

whoa, I just realized I've been here (a few months) longer than Exophase

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of which, what happen with Jadan (I think that's his name, the TI employee) He still alive?

Did everyone that posted on this thread join because of the announcement of the Pandora? I pre-ordered the GP2X, got it, used it for a few weeks, then went on a two year Mission in Brazil for my church. When I got home I had to go through a bunch of boxes in storage to find it and by that time it was already old.

I then heard of the Pandora, it being dreamed up while I was in Brazil, and gave my GP2X away thinking it was going to be out in a year. How foolish I was.

I thought the Pandora was being talked about more than two years ago. If it has only been talked about for two years then it doesn't seem like it has taken that long to produce, it just seems like it has because I check the site once a day.

I'm so glad I wasn't around Aug 2007, talking about how nice boot screens and menu's are.
I've been here a while now, over a year, and the wait has been hard but understandable.
You lot from times of yaw have some kinda inhuman patience levels.
Is it simply because you've not really had a choice? Nothing still to replace the gp32 etc.
I'm aware of things like the wiz, but they seem like just slightly better machines although I could be wrong, and no offence intended.
If Pandora had come out close to time it would've had no equal on any front really, now it has, just nothing that does everything the way it does, so it still maintains it's niche in the market.

Ye I'm pretty glad I missed out on all of that. I've been a member for a while, since pre-Pandora days. I found this site via Craig's store, which I found following a link about GP2X on AmigaWorld, which I visit every now and then.

After having my 2x for a while I kinda lost interest in the forums (too many games to play!) and didn't see any of the discussions about 'our new machine'. I was only introduced to the Pandora from another post on AmigaWorld!

I just wanted to say, we always thank the devs (esp core ones), but the more I read that thread, it makes me realise just how much we need to thank the community, the people who's hung around, and made it what it is.
Sure there's the do the search, read the faq, odd flame wars, but imagine if they had just given up hope on it all, can just imagine the tumbleweed flowing through here.
Sure people would've come in and thought hey this is a great machine, but without them keeping the backbone of the community hanging together, people would just've come and go pretty quickly. Seen it happen a few times.

Edit:
Wow was this the first close guess to what the Pandora was:
This and the following post finaly guessed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back