Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

I'll get it in tomorrow, since I'm not a big mame fan, what are some of the best to demo on .139 that will give you guys a good idea of performance?

radiant silvergun killer instinct any working naomi games like ikaruga the crystal of kings may run fullspeed gradius IV is another killer konami gx games like salamander 2 gti club note you will need bios fies for RS and TCOK also thrill drive

Last edited by a moderator:
Contra Evolution was released on Google Play. Great game but it needs controller support, which I'm hopeful will come soon so we can play it on the Shield.

Also, any ETA on the update that will give us App2SD? I'm already running out of room on the internal memory.

Contra revolution is a really bad realized remake of the first game very shoddily made id say the original contra is better these half baked remakes are even worse than games released 25 years earlier if you like contra super probotector on the snes is the best

radiant silvergun killer instinct any working naomi games like ikaruga the crystal of kings may run fullspeed gradius IV is another killer konami gx games like salamander 2 gti club note you will need bios fies for RS and TCOK also thrill drive
You make it very apparent I am not qualified to really demonstate mame to it's fullest capacity lol. No offense what so ever, it's my failing and not yours for sure.

I think I might have a bad romset or something, killer instinct 1 & 2 says bad chd or something like that, I don't see crystal of kings on the list, gradius 4 is failing some sort of internal checksum in game (emulator problem?)

I did get radiant silvergun to play but it's only running at 50% speed with no frameskip, it's weird, increasing the frameskip doesn't seem to make a difference and actually made the game run slower?? (37%) I also did Salamander 2 and it runs at 60-75% no frameskip. 

Those games don't *look* too demanding, but I imagine they have some pretty complex hardware if it's struggleing on something that looks to come out of playstation era graphics.

I'll just see what I can run, I'm noticeing if the file size is ~20mb or more it's giving this machine a good run for it's money

EDIT: avp runs 500% no frameskip lol

You make it very apparent I am not qualified to really demonstate mame to it's fullest capacity lol. No offense what so ever, it's my failing and not yours for sure.

I think I might have a bad romset or something, killer instinct 1 & 2 says bad chd or something like that, I don't see crystal of kings on the list, gradius 4 is failing some sort of internal checksum in game (emulator problem?)

I did get radiant silvergun to play but it's only running at 50% speed with no frameskip, it's weird, increasing the frameskip doesn't seem to make a difference and actually made the game run slower?? (37%) I also did Salamander 2 and it runs at 60-75% no frameskip. 

Those games don't *look* too demanding, but I imagine they have some pretty complex hardware if it's struggleing on something that looks to come out of playstation era graphics.

I'll just see what I can run, I'm noticeing if the file size is ~20mb or more it's giving this machine a good run for it's money

EDIT: avp runs 500% no frameskip lol
I reckon until we get an enhanced port of mame that uses more than one core were screwed then strange salamander 2 works pretty well on the pandora and you are right its hardware related probably these powerpc games and dsp combos are not easy to emulate my 6 core gulftown i7 struggles but it gives us an idea how powerful an a15 core is 50% for RS is pretty dire it runs fullspeed on an e5200(dual core p3) except when mode 7 effects kick in The Crystal of kings is the title sorry about that i wasnt being sarcastic in anyway Android and hope you didnt take it that way

no offense taken at all, the crystal of kings runs 100% no frameskip, there are parts where it will dip in the 80's for a moment, but overall completely fluid

I think I got enough to do a video now

no offense taken at all, the crystal of kings runs 100% no frameskip, there are parts where it will dip in the 80's for a moment, but overall completely fluid

I think I got enough to do a video now
See Radiant Silvergun is that 50% when the game is on the 2d plane ie no mode 7 or effects? i want a shield so bad but europe is a no go jst now

I'm not sure, the entire game runs between 50-60% with frameskip auto, the points where the graphics beef up (baddies spinning & background moveing up and down made little difference) I made it to level 3C I think?? confusing game and incredibly hard, I would have went though $20 in quarters by now

But I'll get it in the video, just doing one last passthrough to make sure all the games I favorited are indeed playable

I'm not sure, the entire game runs between 50-60% with frameskip auto, the points where the graphics beef up (baddies spinning & background moveing up and down made little difference) I made it to level 3C I think?? confusing game and incredibly hard, I would have went though $20 in quarters by now

But I'll get it in the video, just doing one last passthrough to make sure all the games I favorited are indeed playable
yeah its almost like you play back to front do things in the future then earlier levels come in to play theres a level later on where the whole screen disappears like you are in a matrix world and the bad guy appears as vector graphics its a stunning game and well worth buying on xbla wish they would release it on android ikaruga is perfect on android just needs controller support

Here is just a few of the crazy bosses in this game the stills dont do it justice

rs-5.png

rs-4.png

rs-12.png

rs-13.png

rs-14.png

rs-16.png

2GB recorded with my ipod touch 4th gen, it's done uploading, it's converting now

I'm disappointed Dead or Alive runs slow.  I thought the Shield would have the power to run it at 100%.

Back