O M G - Will This Thing Play - Oregon Trail?!?!?

chad78

Website
Visit site
How about HHGTTG?

Oh crap... I just had an epiphany of why the keyboard will make gaming so cool!

Please, please, PLEASE tell me someone will port Oregon Trail - or make an emu for one of the systems it was on.

chad78 said:
How about HHGTTG?

Please, please, PLEASE tell me someone will port Oregon Trail - or make an emu for one of the systems it was on.
Frotz will be ported. I'll do it myself if no one else does. As for Oregon Trail, it's covered by a few of the already-announced emus.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon_Tr...(computer_game)

sigh...

The Oregon Trail is an educational computer game developed by Don Rawitsch, Bill Heinemann and Paul Dillenberger in 1971 and produced by MECC in 1974. The game was inspired by the real-life Oregon Trail and was designed to teach school children about the realities of 19th century pioneer life on the trail. The player assumes the role of a wagon leader guiding his party of settlers from Independence, Missouri, to Oregon's Willamette Valley by way of the Oregon Trail via a Conestoga wagon in 1848.

Yay for American history~

chad78 said:
How about HHGTTG?

You just realized this!?!
Well, now you understand why keyboard is so important to alot of us. I enjoyed my GP2x, but the vast majority of my favorite Apple 2E games were extremely difficult to play without a 'real' keyboard, especially ones that had archaic control schemes that were impossible to map to buttons.
I PM'd Telengard,who ported MESS (AppleII/Odyssey/ a few other consoles) to the GP2x, last night and asked if he was planning on porting over to the Pandora. I'm still eagerly awaiting his response.
I hope he does, but even if he doesn't, I'm sure someone will take the task on...

ingrin said:
I PM'd Telengard,who ported MESS (AppleII/Odyssey/ a few other consoles) to the GP2x, last night and asked if he was planning on porting over to the Pandora. I'm still eagerly awaiting his response.
I hope he does, but even if he doesn't, I'm sure someone will take the task on...
Let me know in the emu topic if you get a positive reply. I very much want to yellow light Apple 2, some really good old games on there.

Prophet said:
ingrin said:
Let me know in the emu topic if you get a positive reply. I very much want to yellow light Apple 2, some really good old games on there.

You bet, he has been active semi-recently (May 3rd), so I hope he responds. Right now all my hopes rest on this one little post...
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=573590

JakeK said:
Wait, so why is this game worthy of an "O M G"?
Pure nostalgia. It is the ubiquitous childhood game of anyone who went through the American school system in the 80's.

EDIT - Ohh yeah, I came across this cartoon earlier this week actually, from Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312375
2ltoym0.png

What do you want on your Tombstone?

Pepperoni & Saugage!

(Sorry, double joke. If you don't know the game, and/or you don't know the commercial I apologize.)

Heh, schools are still using the original Oregon trail.
my goal was to see how quickly i could kill my party.

waffles said:
Heh, schools are still using the original Oregon trail.
my goal was to see how quickly i could kill my party.
No food - no clothes - no supplies - grueling pace - bare bones food - never stop. - oh, and leave in August so it's burning hot and there's no grass.

I figured out in middle school that I must have gone to the only two elementary schools in my area that did not have the Oregon Trail. Or at least my teachers never had us use it. The computers were old enough though that they were probably around when the game came out. I remember waiting at the DOS prompt for careful instruction shortly after Windows 95 came out.

I played that in school too (although this was at an American school in Turkey), along with "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiago?". I can't for the life of me work out what computer it was on though... Apple II maybe?

Gruso said:
I'm 31 too. We had Microbees. Two left, pen down, one up, three right, pen up... :lol:
I'm 16, but we had a game like that at school to try to teach us directions. After about 4 weeks of us not being able to do it they gave up :lol:

They never did work out it was because we were too busy surfing the net to actually think about it...

Oh yeah, this is my first post, so hi to everyone! I've been lurking for about 6 months and decided to reister a wee while ago. I'm really interested in the :pandora1: and i wish craig & co good luck in getting it launched succesfully.

Back