Odonata - Pack Of Screenshots

TelcoLou posted on Aug 4 2006 at 04:17 AM said:
<snip...>

Yep, they look nothing alike <_<

uh-huh, they both have ships bullets and scrolling, I guess that makes doom and unreal tournament 'clones' since they are both first person shooters...

Grahf's on the money with donpachi. Man am I excited about this...

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great, looking forward to new high quality shooters. :)

The one posted by DaveC is Sky Force for palmos, another amazing shooter, I'd love to see a port of that one too.

And Nanostray is great too!

craigix posted on Aug 3 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
Ohh i didn't know we were allowed to post them yet :)

Hey craigix, can you just tell us if there are any more commercial games that we don't know of, you don't even have to name anything at all, just a number... please?

oooh nice! I like the look of this.

lots and lots of fluorescent purple bullets :)

yeah very reminiscent of something by Cave.
reminds me of psyvariar, actually, with the bullets and the 3d-look ships. or maybe mars matrix? or....
well, basically it looks like a fun shoot-em-up, so i'm happy.

I wonder if its going to have any tricky/sophisticated game-mechanics? like a lot of the modern shooters do. like psyvariars/shikigami's "buzz" system, or the various weird and wonderful chaining/scoring mechanics?

:eek: They're after our corn again to make circles in it. I'll have to get this game in order to protect our crops! It looks great! I am glad to see some shooters being worked on for the GP2X. :) Vektar homebrew and Noiz2sa really rock!

Even if it was just a Ikaruga clone it'd still be a definite buy for me because lets face it that game rocked. On another note, having never been a gp32 owner I've seen screenshots for various commercial games that have come out over the years that look amazing. Are any of these companies still around and interested in porting their wares to the gp2x? And if they've disappeared would it mean that they'ld be free to port?

If they're going to make us download and extract an archive, they could at least make them lossless shots, arrg I hate jpgs. :(

Okay so it looks nothing like ikaruga... what I meant was probably mars matrix. That has a few similar patterns in the game. Whatever...

Shikaku posted on Aug 4 2006 at 09:45 AM said:
craigix posted on Aug 3 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
Ohh i didn't know we were allowed to post them yet :)

Hey craigix, can you just tell us if there are any more commercial games that we don't know of, you don't even have to name anything at all, just a number... please?

There are indeed some more :)

Last edited:
Looking good! Nice to see a new shoot 'em up for the GP2X!

Ikaruga (man I love my DC!) is only like this one in the matter that its vertical I think (from what I can see from the pictures). Looks very original to me. Will be nice to play it!

EvilDragon posted on Aug 4 2006 at 11:51 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Aug 4 2006 at 09:45 AM said:

There are indeed some more :)

aghhh. you tease :lol:

Sweetness! Looks amazing to say the least! Can´t wait to get my hands on it! So many sprites, so many BIG sprites! Im like a child on cristmast morning!

Back