Oops! I Unleashed Something...

Prometheus

I was feeling a bit nostalgic about old console boxes and arcade flyers in the vein of this one, and I also had this still in my mind, so I took a quick snapshot of my Pandora and tried to create something similar with a bunch of video game characters that are relevant to my interests.

This was the result;

Oops.png

Yes, I know it's not fantastic - I'm not a great photographer, and I know that my GIMP touch-up job on the screen is terrible (being new, it's still a bit of a dust-magnet, and I didn't realise how visible it was until I retrieved the picture from my camera), but I just had to get the concept out of my head and onto the proverbial paper. (And now I have to go and round up the video game characters that got out. :p)

Has anyone else been doing anything like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never have thought you would have put megaman in there :ph34r: hey i am still in love with megaman 2,i played that on my nes till the cart burnt out , the music was sooo good,i like sparkster\rocket knight also <_<

I only wish I had better image-editing skills. I'd have made it look less like a mock-up if I could have. :p

dpoarch said:
awesome. Glad that megaman made it in the pic

And to think megaman was nearly omitted from the scene :lol: you should add that to all the other Pandora wallpapers.

Who's the rabbit at the bottom-right of the picture?

Miyamoto Usagi, from the Usagi Yojimbo comic series by Stan Sakai. There's a C64 game that was made legitimately downloadable by its original company.

EDIT: Once Games Coffer is back up, the .tap should be available there (that's where I got it). Lemon64 has permission to host a disk image, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

He was almost leaping off of the top of the Pandora, but then he'd lose an awful lot of points. :p

do you know the name of the game? I have a large collection of C64 games, most of which i've never played.

Yep, it's one of my current addictions. :D It's "Samurai Warrior - The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo", or just plain "Usagi Yojimbo" (some just call it "Samurai Warrior", as well, just to make matters even more confusing, but I already listed the two titles it was sold under :p).

Ok I have Samurai Warrior. I'll have to try it out soon.

A little tip before you do - press fire and pull diagonally down-left to put your sword away (it's the only non-obvious control thing). :p If you piss off the noblemen, they get quite vicious with you.

Prometheus said:
A little tip before you do - press fire and pull diagonally down-left to put your sword away (it's the only non-obvious control thing). :p If you piss off the noblemen, they get quite vicious with you.

I remember playing this as a kid (christ, I'm 30), but the memories are too vague. I remember it being fricking awesome though, I will have to fire it up once the panda arrives.

Weren't the noblemen other animals...?

Back