Open Bounties

I noticed that. I was wondering if there was a way to take off the key mapper...so that you have only DIGGER in the menu and not Digger key mapper. too bad someone downrated you, this game plays and sounds exactly like the 1983 version. the only thing is...I swear it takes longer to go thru the end-stage music...than it does on Dingoo, or it did on PC. Otherwise, a totally perfect re-creation. But again, it is no real big deal. What WOULD help in this...is if you had code in there that just auto-disabled the sound at level-end, and then re-enabled it automatically at level-start next level. Do you think THAT could be done?

Yes I could remove the map key icon, but the only alternative is to have a popup window before it launches the game every time.. I figured an additional icon was the lesser evil.

I could easily hack out the end music, but I wanted to avoid modifying the original code as it will give me more responsibility to ensure the changed code is available to the public.. I'll look into it..

OK. I was just wondering if...once the map key IS set...there was then a way to take out the key icon. If not, no biggie.

Would like to see the end level music hacked out so that you don't have the long wait between screens.

Again, I appreciate everything so far, and even if nothing else gets done, you done a heck of a job.

If the Map Key launcher had a different Icon picture would that help any?

Well I pushed a new version without the slow end of level music. The Pandora sources for this are now an official branch on gitorious ( https://gitorious.or.../pandora-digger )

I kept the Key map Icon alone for now.. I may think up a less cluttered solution at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I pushed a new version without the slow end of level music. The Pandora sources for this are now an official branch on gitorious ( https://gitorious.or.../pandora-digger )

I kept the Key map Icon alone for now.. I may think up a less cluttered solution at some point.

Awesome!

Must grab this!

You have really come thru in spades for me!

Got it. Works great. You rock!!

OK, another request, if it could be done...

I notice there is a PCEngine port of the Mednafen thing...in other words, it JUST does PCEngine, rather than all the emulators mednafen could do.

Is there any chance on getting a port of JUST the Sega Game Gear aspect of mednafen?

Also a port of JUST the NES aspect of mednafen?

Would not mind trying those two, because the current emus I am using both put an unnecessary extra icon on the screen which I hate, because I have to keep getting rd of the extra unwanted icons every time I re-boot.

Alternatively, could someone fudge up gpfce and dega so that the unwanted extra icons do not show up?

I REALLY HATE the extra icons, otherwise I love the emus...which is why either solution would work for me...either mednafen posrts or fudging what is already there.

Just don't want the extra icons.

Locate them in MENU folder, or if thats too annoying, locate elsewhere. Somewhere not in the 'pandora' folder.

Run then when you want to play by command (pnd_run).

Just delete the icons you do not need.

Rightclick and delete. The PND is fine (keep the main file). I just tested this with Putty.

Just delete the icons you do not need.

Rightclick and delete. The PND is find (keep the main file). I just tested this with Putty.
I know this. BUT EVERY TIME YOU RE-BOOT THE PANDY THE UNWANTED ICONS COME BACK!!!

And that means I can't put as many icons on my desktop, because I have to accommodate for them, otherwise, when I re-boot, THEY will come back, and kick other programs off...and then, when you delete the unwanted icons...the kicked programs won't come back to the desktop!!

THAT is what I am trying to avoid.

I am trying to get the program to still be on the desktop, but NEVER have the crappy unwanted icons come back.

Now have I made clear what I am trying to do? Why I am requesting what I am requesting?

Your "solutions" do not solve the problem I am having. At least not in the way I WANT them solved.

Sorry for the caps and "yelling" but I do not know how ELSE I can make myself clear.

Perhaps an update to the .ovr file part of the PND system could allow you to hide application icons you choose to from the desktop. but still allow them to be visible in the xfce menu.

Not a bad bounty right here..

Perhaps an update to the .ovr file part of the PND system could allow you to hide application icons you choose to from the desktop. but still allow them to be visible in the xfce menu.

Not a bad bounty right here..

Now THAT would also solve my problem.

As long as you could, say, have the program icon, say DEGA...show up on desktop...but banish the Set Controls for DEGA icon...to the menu only.

that way, you can get to it from the menu if you need it...but it doesn't clutter your desktop with unwanted icons...and since it then would not come back on a re-boot...you could put more REAL icons on your desktop.

right now I can fit 45, but only have 42, because I have 3 programs with this problem...and I have to accommodate for the unwanted icons.

Back