Open2X, Compatability And Dosbox

christo930

I finally took the plunge and installed open2x on my gp2x and the first thing I noticed was that dosbox doesn't appear to work with open 2x! Is this something I am doing wrong, or is this a known problem? If so, is anyone working on it? I managed to launch it with compat, but if I was using an 8gb card, would compat be able to see the card?

Am I now able to use an 8 or 16gb card? If so, do I have to get a special brand?

Are there any other programs that don't work with open2x?

I haven't had a chance to mess with it too much because I had to recharge my batteries, but is there anything special I should know?

Thanks,

Chris

christo930 said:
I finally took the plunge and installed open2x on my gp2x and the first thing I noticed was that dosbox doesn't appear to work with open 2x! Is this something I am doing wrong, or is this a known problem? If so, is anyone working on it? I managed to launch it with compat, but if I was using an 8gb card, would compat be able to see the card?

Am I now able to use an 8 or 16gb card? If so, do I have to get a special brand?

I haven't had a chance to mess with it too much because I had to recharge my batteries, but is there anything special I should know?

Thanks,

Chris

Open2X is great! I don't see any problems with dosbox, I have only one game installed though but that works fine.
I've not had a brand of sdhc cards that didn't work with Open2X (on both my F100 and F200)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to use Compat to run something, you can still use SDHC cards with the app. That's because Compat is still using the newer Open2X kernel.

I haven't heard any reports of incompatibilities with Dosbox, so haven't looked into it. I don't use Dosbox myself, but I'd be pretty surprised if it was incompatible.

Hi i would know if UAE4All (the amiga emulator ;) ) works well on Open2x (DR7) on F200...
since on my F200 (firm 4.1.1) don't work ...the emu start ,show the menu , select the game but don't load anything...

Thanks.

b_o_b said:
christo930 said:

Thanks,

Chris

Open2X is great! I don't see any problems with dosbox, I have only one game installed though but that works fine.
I've not had a brand of sdhc cards that didn't work with Open2X (on both my F100 and F200)

When I try to launch dosbox for keen4e.exe and dn1.exe it just hangs while "launching dosbox"
I even tried creating a new launch icon, but it didn't work. But I really haven't had much time since I installed it.
Can I use an 8 or 16gb card?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
same problem here, been using open2x dr7 for quite along time and tried dosbox for the first time today.
It only works through the compat mode...anybody a clue on this?

Back