Open2x: Kernel Loading Screens

BenRoshi said:
Using one of the fractal images I mentioned:
load3rp7.png
I really like this one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Look great Meg :)
A little drop shadow on the X though, just to give it that 3D effect maybe?
Actually it already does...

My next version's shadow is more prominent though.

open2x_loading2.png

Here's something from me, it's a mockup of course, everything can be sliced and moved around as needed.

open2x.png

Alex. said:
open2x.png

I like that one.

Honestly, I'd really love to see the raw boot messages instead of a boot screen. :D

I just demoed my own screen on my 2X and I have learned to never use the scanline effect ever again.

Here's the new one:
open2x_loading5.png

Alex. said:
Here's something from me, it's a mockup of course, everything can be sliced and moved around as needed.

open2x.png
This is now my favourite image for a boot splash. :p

Yorper said:
Alex. said:

open2x.png

Seconded.

Sorry, but Green is too much. This is understated and stylish, rather than brash and garish.

D.

Dunny said:
Sorry, but Green is too much. This is understated and stylish, rather than brash and garish.

D.
My thoughts exactly. It's very clean and simple, yet quite stylish too.

Dunny said:
Yorper said:
Alex. said:

open2x.png

Seconded.

D.

Yeah and I think gp2x users need a change from that horrible green/yellow/weirdo-colour we have been forced to watch every time we start up

I picked green to mimic the original startup screen. Changing it to a different color would take me maybe 5 seconds.

Alex. said:

open2x.png
Alex,

I have started doing a config to use this as a splash screen, chances are the changes that I have to do to support that and the GP2X's screen may effect the finished result but so far it looks good :D.

Drop me a PM or better still an email or IRC if you want as it would be great to tweak it just a tad to better sit with the code we use.

John

Back