Optimal Qemu setup for StarCraft?

Ok, still experimenting :D

I've just tried this with a Lepatek IMD Enclosure LE2001 containing a Western Digital Scorpio Black 2.5 Inch hdd (7200rpm).  I also overlocked my 1ghz Pandora to 1.2ghz and ran both QEMU and the Windows 95 image from the USB connected hdd, sadly performance was the same as when running QEMU and the Windows 95 image from SD card and when on a USB flash drive.  I am convinced I must be doing something wrong, is anyone able to help?

Does anyone have any USB enclosure/SSD recommendations? :lol:

Any help would be appreciated!

I will make a Video these Day for you but i use the Demoversion on this Video,because i dont own Starcraft ^_^

Windows 98 with latest service packs has USB support.. but I'd much rather have the speed benefits of running windows 95.. Although I'm not sure if Qemu could even use USB devices..

The biggest benefit of USB HID drivers in win98 is that you can use qemus tablet input driver, which enables the touchscreen without offset.

Nice video Ingo, thank you. From watching it I'd say that the initial loading time is the same as on mine but gameplay visually is far better on yours. The audio on yours is also much smoother and with less stutter less often. Can I ask if you were running this off a USB connected SSD? As I'm curious where the performance gains are had on your setup/configuration in comparison to mine.

Thanks for your ongoing help and support with this, it is appreciated! :D

Another 2 Tips that i wrote somewhere: When you have a Rebirth Pandora choose 284MB Ram and disable the Virtual Memory in the Windows95 image (for lesser Harddisk writings) Disable Zram on your Pandora And putin in the windows autoexec.bat following setting: Subst a: c:\windows And everytime when windows search a Floppy drive will the system not more slow down. Happy trying :)
I don't have this file, autoexec.bat... I installed win95 with no dos first. directly from bootable iso... :)

In every Windows 95 Version exist an autoexec.bat in c:\

full Path with Name:

C:\autoexec.bat

;)

There exit no Windows95 without that :rolleyes:

And btw how ???

Are there Windows95 Bootable CDs?

Never heard from them :blink:

*cough* mine was special*cough*

I choose folder options "show all files" and I still don't see it, so it's not hidden... :)

i know this is about qemu and i didnt read all of this, hence my sincere apologies, but:

qemu seems to be (awesome, yes, and...) quite the effort to just get a game going.

why not try stratagus? seems to work great. at least thats what i read, never tried it myself.

im just throwing this in here as it might speed things up and be less of a hassle.

if im totally off and not making sense at all with what im saying, just ignore me :)

Back