8bitDev

Still Fresh
Website
www.upwork.com
Hi guys,i don't mind having dual core CPU if its properly optimized .Now take a look at PSP(Playstation Portable)with 333Mhz CPU and quality of games provided on it.Now comparing to the PSP this(Pyra provided) hardware is more powerful,but compared to GPD Win seems that most people don't get how much important hardware optimization is!Main point that GPD Win does not have real intention to support GNU/linux,and putting 32 bit grub patch does not work well,i tried it on baytrail Z3735f and it is really slow.Now i can see that pyra team is really putting effort in it,can someone explain me how good driver optimization is,how much kernel modification has be done and is there some support for app developers,i do plan to develop some games for pyra and have plan on my own to make it libre and somehow get funds at the same time,but still would like to hear more about community and official team if possible on this one.

Regards and best luck !!!

Last edited:
Now i can see that pyra team is really putting effort in it, can someone explain me how good driver optimization is,how much kernel modification has be done and is there some support for app developers, i do plan to develop some games for pyra and have plan on my own to make it libre and somehow get funds at the same time,but still would like to hear more about community and official team if possible on this one.
There is already an Thread about App Development for the Pyra: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/information-regarding-development-for-the-pyra.77357/
In short: Just write your Application so that it runs on standard Debian jessie/stretch and compile and package it on the Pyra later. Just make sure that you don't use OpenGL higher than ~1.3 (for glshim) or even better use OpenGL ES directly.

About Drivers/Software Optimization: I think that there will be an Pyra-optimized libsdl1/2 (like there is for the Pandora) which may even utilize the GC320 (trough bltsville) somewhere in the future. Also expect some hacking to squeeze the maximum Performance out of some Ports, like here.

Last edited:
This might be a nitpick, but just to point it out -- the PSP has a 333MHz cpu, not 1GHz.

This might be a nitpick, but just to point it out -- the PSP has a 333MHz cpu, not 1GHz.
Yeah sorry,my bad,i will edit that out,but you get the point what i was just trying to say.
[doublepost=1471271588,1471271054][/doublepost]
There is already an Thread about App Development for the Pyra: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/information-regarding-development-for-the-pyra.77357/
In short: Just write your Application so that it runs on standard Debian jessie/stretch and compile and package it on the Pyra later. Just make sure that you don't use OpenGL higher than ~1.3 (for glshim) or even better use OpenGL ES directly.

About Drivers/Software Optimization: I think that there will be an Pyra-optimized libsdl1/2 (like there is for the Pandora) which may even utilize the GC320 (trough bltsville) somewhere in the future. Also expect some hacking to squeeze the maximum Performance out of some Ports, like here.

Thanks for the info.So far i was developing games in GUI game engine(Stencyl)based on haxe and now i am moving to Love2D(by using zero brane studio)which i found thread that some users were already porting it to pyra/pandora.
It seems like a pretty decent solution for me,if there is anything else that people can recommend please write down below.

Games that i made so far

Patboy
Patlogic
Patformer

You can play them at
http://www.freeonlinegames.com/

Now this is still in flash,i am working on ports and packaging at the moment but sadly i don't think that i am capable of porting them to pyra or pandora.

Maybe HTML5 version with 15FPS top,but i don't count that as success !!!

Regards

Back